The Emma-Watson.net Forum

TITANIC-100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY 1912-2012

Next Sat/Sun-April 14-15, marks the 100th anniversary of the sinking of Titanic.

The Titanic Memorial voyage left yesterday with relatives/friends of the victims,

and they will stop at the wreck site April 14-15, where she sank to have a brief

memorial service.

My link

I found this interview by Eva Hart, who was 7 the night the Titanic sank. Here's something

you don't hear everyday: "I saw that ship sink"--she said all these years that it split in

half, but nobody would believe her. Some words of wisdom from Eva Hart: "the whole world stood still that night". I agree

with her, "a tribute to man's arrogance". "One life is worth more than the whole ship".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5J43Z9AWI&feature=related

Here's a vid of the history of the Titanic:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD9-z6Nw2FM&feature=related

May they all RIP--we will never forget the story of that fateful night--100 years ago.

Hard to believe it has 100 years!!! WOW...has anyone seen the 3-D version yet? I cant-I saw the original in 1997 and cant see something that tragic in 3-D. Yes may they all rest in peace.

An amazing app just came out on the Titanic. Liteerally all the history and such. It's absolutely stunning. Great information for history buffs, like me. It's called building titanic and is a free download! Anyone with a device that has apps should check it out!!!

For anyone interested in something new: Julian fellows, the creator ofvdownton abbey, released a 4 part miniseries over the weekend called titanic. I'm about to start watching it. Downton abbey is brilliant so I am sure this will be too. Check it out!

I've seen the movie before. And I will go and see it in theatres soon. :)

Actually my great grandparents on my mothers side almost went on the titanic. They were illusionists and circus performers and they were booked in the US. But their show was cancelled so they lived lol. My aunt said my grandmother had the tickets to the titanic. I wish I could see them!

I've seen the movie before. And I will go and see it in theatres soon. :)

Actually my great grandparents on my mothers side almost went on the titanic. They were illusionists and circus performers and they were booked in the US. But their show was cancelled so they lived lol. My aunt said my grandmother had the tickets to the titanic. I wish I could see them!

Wow! Incredible story!!! :o

Yea, that's an interesting story. I hope she still has the tickets.

Last Sunday, National Geographic channel had some great shows on the Titanic, that ran all day.

I watched the old A Night to Remember, which was really good. I'd never seen that one before.

Dee, what was that movie like? Night to Remember-how long is it? My friend saw Titanic in 3-D and she said she saw stuff she missed the first time.

It was 123 mins, black/white, made in 1958. Based on Walter Lord's book, directed by British director Roy Ward Baker.

Starring Kenneth More and Honor Blackman.

Since Titanic was discovered in 1985, by Dr. Robert Ballard, the sinking of it in this movie just saw it nose-dive

into the water--not break in half, as Eva Hart witnessed. Remember the James Cameron movie depicted it correctly,

as breaking in half. One of the new Titanic documentaries shows James Cameron with physicists, engineers, scientists,

recreating how the ship went down. It turns out that Cameron had too much of an angle--where Jack/Rose were diving down

with the ship. It didn't rise that far out of the water, as it was too water-logged, according to the experts.

• 10 months later...

I use to be a freak with the titanic, i always remember building models sinking them and watching the movies. However it has always made me very interested into the matter of the Unsinkable ship, it was a sad event yet a mind opener and a great example that nothing is unsinkable.