The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah! im a londoner so can't wait. the money thats gone into it is ridiculous though.

i was at the olympics borough flag unveiling and met with jonathan edwards who holds the record for the triple jump the other day, which was great, and listened to loadsa athletes give different advise. it's pretty exciting, i hope britain do us proud :D

I am so excited! I've been seeing ads here everywhere on TV! I love the Summer Olympics; my favourite sports to watch have got to be diving, synchronized swimming, gymnastics, and volleyball. I am so excited! Hopefully Canada will win something :o

Did you guys know tug-of-war, and underwater swimming were once part of the Olympics? They took it off along with other lists of sports (I just listed the two I thought were interesting :P) because of lack of appeal to audience. I find it interesting, they used to have underwater swimming way back in the 1900. Basically, the competitors were awarded two points for each meter swam underwater, and one point for each second they stayed underwater. Fascinating!

Wrestling.. which is a winter sport, is actually part of the Summer Olympics I believe, and as a former wrestler I'll be watching that.

The sports I probably enjoy most during the summer olympics though are the swimming events and gymnastics which are kind of the "glamour events" here on U.S. television.

That said, I love watching all of them and love to hear the stories behind the athletes. I think the track events, weightlifting, table tennis, tennis, water polo and diving also interest me quite a bit.

here's a list of events for this Summer Olympics.

GO U.S.A.! <3 :ohyeah:

I am super excited for the Olympics!!! I love watching them so much!!!

I was looking into going back to London for a little an attending something, but looks like I wont be able to in the end :( I took a job instead and I am already missing too many days. I have some friends going though, so jealous!!!

I am most looking forward to gymnastics. It is amazing what they can do!! With dancing you have to learn a bit of gymnastics. I have taste of how insanely hard it is too do all that. I love watching!! Other then that everything else is sort of equal to me! I love watching all of it!!

I also like to support every country equally!!! Of course I lean more towards the 3 that I have lived in and feel an actual connection to!!

Aw I've always wanted to go to the Olympics and watch it live.

I LOVE gymnastics too! :o I remember give summers ago, watching Nastia Luikin and Shawn Johnson. They were my role models what they could do on the beam. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So are you guys in England all totally amped for this? Are you running out to buy Blu-ray copies of Chariots of Fire in order to prep for it (even though the Olympics in that movie are the '24 Paris Olympics)?

I'm actually not interested in this in the slightest. I wasn't for the last one and I can't say I've ever celebrated it either. A couple of my friends are working the Olympics as stewards and photographers and it's all they talk about. I'm happy for them working for something so big but it gets tiring.

so excited Jk rowling was there!

i kinda thought the opening to the bejing olympics were better though in my opinion

but i thought that mr. bean skit was funny

Edited by Rena