The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loool that was a rare moment

i think i must have missed something..did nastia liukin not make the team?

She made a big mistake on one of her events during the trials and unfortunately failed to qualify for the team.

All I can say is that Aly Raisman using Hava Nagila as the music for her floor routine was such an epic win!!!!!!! I am so happy she made it to all arounds. Gabby Douglas too, that girl is amazing! Sad for Jordan though. Crazy that she is the world champion but isn't going tall around.

Dana Vollmer breaking the world record was also insane!

Today was the only day I am able to watch and I was very please with what I saw!!!

All I can say is that Aly Raisman using Hava Nagila as the music for her floor routine was such an epic win!!!!!!! I am so happy she made it to all arounds. Gabby Douglas too, that girl is amazing! Sad for Jordan though. Crazy that she is the world champion but isn't going tall around.

That two person per country restriction is stupid. Let the best of the best go at it regardless of what country they are from. I feel bad for Jordan too, she should have the right to defend her title.

Was that rule introduced just this year? I may be able to see what they're getting at giving other competing countries a chance and all, but still it very much restricts the potential of better athletes.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

That two person per country restriction is stupid. Let the best of the best go at it regardless of what country they are from. I feel bad for Jordan too, she should have the right to defend her title.

Agreed! Jordan is the world champion. It's insane that she doesn't get the chance to move on.

Was that rule introduced just this year? I may be able to see what they're getting at giving other competing countries a chance and all, but still it very much restricts the potential of better athletes.

Yeah its new this year. I get it on one hand, but it still is annoying.

can someone explain to me what an all around is? does that mean they get to compete in all of the trials

and then jordan will be able to come during the finals which means she competes in what she does best?

can someone explain to me what an all around is? does that mean they get to compete in all of the trials

and then jordan will be able to come during the finals which means she competes in what she does best?

It means they compete in all the different gymnastics categories. The new rule only allows each country to send two, which means someone will be uliminated. Jordan tried for all arounds, but didn't make it. So she is done. She doesn't compete again. Which is crazy since she is the world champion. Now mckayla only did vault, not all around so I believe she advances. I think if Jordan went only for something specific and not all around than she would have advanced too. But I'm not 100 percent sure.

Edit- Jordan will compete with the group on Tuesday. She just won't compete as an indevidual. She can only win a medal with the team. They are worried she won't regroup though and screw it for the team.

So annoying. I cant watch hardly any of the Gymnastics live because its on at like 5am and I cant watch the replays because of my damn job! So much frustration. Really wanted to watch McKayla kill it

I am getting super annoyed they aren't showing a lot of the big events live. I can understand more people will watch in prime time, but in the age of FB and twitter it's impossible not to know the results before you see them happen. It takes all the excitement out of it. Even news websites report the results right after it happens ~.~, I'm trying to avoid all media right now erghhhh. (I'd stream it live, but streaming live on a computer screen isn't the same as watching it with friends/family in a living room).

Any who, I think Jordan will come through for the team. I hope she's the type of person who makes people pay for not allowing her to pass rather than packing it all in. And I understand the rule since certain countries like Romania, Russia, China, and the US dominate the all around and they want to diversify the field, but that doesn't make the game competitive. You throw more average players into the mix who are going to be crushed by the two participants from those countries anyways, so in the end what's really the point except to say "hey, we've diversified and equalized it for all countries at the cost of true competition." When it comes down to it, the individual all around is based on an individuals performance regardless of their country. Have the best of the best go at it, even if they are all from the US, China, Russia, and Romania, they aren't competing against a country but against each other.

I am getting super annoyed they aren't showing a lot of the big events live. I can understand more people will watch in prime time, but in the age of FB and twitter it's impossible not to know the results before you see them happen. It takes all the excitement out of it. Even news websites report the results right after it happens ~.~, I'm trying to avoid all media right now erghhhh. (I'd stream it live, but streaming live on a computer screen isn't the same as watching it with friends/family in a living room).

Any who, I think Jordan will come through for the team. I hope she's the type of person who makes people pay for not allowing her to pass rather than packing it all in. And I understand the rule since certain countries like Romania, Russia, China, and the US dominate the all around and they want to diversify the field, but that doesn't make the game competitive. You throw more average players into the mix who are going to be crushed by the two participants from those countries anyways, so in the end what's really the point except to say "hey, we've diversified and equalized it for all countries at the cost of true competition." When it comes down to it, the individual all around is based on an individuals performance regardless of their country. Have the best of the best go at it, even if they are all from the US, China, Russia, and Romania, they aren't competing against a country but against each other.

Well I've found that I was able to catch quite a few live events at the various NBC affiliates. I was able to catch a few boxing bouts, Men's sabre fencing, archery, etc... and table tennis (never thought I'd say something like this but the match I saw between USA and China was pretty intense) Apparently Bill Gates was at the event cheering on Ariel Hsing.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

Dax, if you go to the NBC Olympics website you can see what they are showing live. They have it set up pretty nicely. And there is a number of different sports being shown live. That being said, they chose weird ones. I'm guessing it has more to do with time than anything else.

I watched a little bit of men's gymnastics tonight when I got home from rehearsal. Their muscles are just insane. Some of the, we're pretty amazing. Not just the Americans. There was this one ukrainian guy, I am sure everyone already heard about this, he was incredible.

I actually liked that quite a bit of these live streams do have their respective announcers that actually know about the sport now. I remember that in 2008, especially in fencing there was little to no calls. And the calls that were made were by announcers who's only experience in fencing was 007 in Die Another Day. >.>

Yeah they show certain things live, but generally the bigger stuff like gymnastics, beach volley ball (depending on who's playing), and finals for swimming are held for prime time. All part of the ratings game I suppose. I've caught a bit of water polo, field hockey, boxing, and indoor volley ball live so it's all good.

Also, I still appreciate and respect the US's men's gymnastics, but they fell apart tonight. What happened?

^At least you're getting medals. Unlike New Zealand...

Yeah but, everything is full of "aw not quite good enough from Great Britain, not quite living up to expectations but they gave it their best" I'm sure we over estimate everyone lol

Yesterday in the Gymnastics we won Bronze, then Japan messed up their last thing which meant we got put up to Silver! then Japan appealed and GB went back down to Bronze, and I was just like "How typical is that?"

Oh and China have won another Gold since I last looked at the table

GB still resting on a Silver and 2 Bronze

Yeah they show certain things live, but generally the bigger stuff like gymnastics, beach volley ball (depending on who's playing), and finals for swimming are held for prime time. All part of the ratings game I suppose. I've caught a bit of water polo, field hockey, boxing, and indoor volley ball live so it's all good.

Also, I still appreciate and respect the US's men's gymnastics, but they fell apart tonight. What happened?

I feel like that has to do with timing more than anything else. I could be wrong though.

Agreed about men's gymnastics, compared to our girls especially. But, I still can't believe some of the stuff they can do, ouch.