The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total bull if you ask me. Same goes with the Chinese, Korean, and Indonesian badminton teams; intentionally losing some of their matches in order to get a better draw in the elimination brackets is called strategy, not cheating. It's something any coach with a brain who wants to win a tournament would do. Apparently, everything is cheating in the Olympics now.

Well Murray won today pretty cool!!! :) bit of revenge from last month! :)

The US is rockin the swimming!!!! ;)

Also congrats to Jessica Enis (sp?) on winning the heptathlon!!! :) She did GB proud! :)

Not quite sure what Federer was doing exactly but hey, Gold for Murray!

I heard the commentators saying something about Federer not being too comfortable at an outdoor venue like Wimbledon whereas Murray was playing like he's on home turf (which he was anyway...)

---

Still, I am kind-of bummed that Maria Sharapova was practically shut out by Serena Williams for the gold medal. Sharapova made a Grand Slam this season and was the favourite coming into the womens singles. I was hoping she'd get her gold this time around since she wasn't able to compete in Beijing due to injury.

Still, Maria is just so hot. :wub:

Edited by The Midnight Q

And Bolt wins the 100m! Blake 2nd and uhhh idk third!

haha, Justin Gatlin for USA :puh:

Not surprised at all that Usain Bolt won, it's insane how fast that man is over 100m! :whaa:

I'm so glad for Mo Farrah, Jess Ennis and Andy Murray, they did brilliant :D <3 We'll never catch up to China or USA, but Team GB are doing a lot better than I was expecting. 16 gold, 11 silver and 10 bronze so far, third place :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: We could definitely stay third too, does anyone know how many days are actually left?

haha, Justin Gatlin for USA :puh:

Not surprised at all that Usain Bolt won, it's insane how fast that man is over 100m! :whaa:

I'm so glad for Mo Farrah, Jess Ennis and Andy Murray, they did brilliant :D <3 We'll never catch up to China or USA, but Team GB are doing a lot better than I was expecting. 16 gold, 11 silver and 10 bronze so far, third place :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: We could definitely stay third too, does anyone know how many days are actually left?

There's 7 days left from today.

USA and China have a lot of medals, they're so greedy, GB and South Korea want to catch them! Anyway, Two medals for Dominican Republic, one gold and one plate, in 400 mt hurdles and 400 mt plane respectively. Hoping for medals in volleyball and tae kwon do ~

Take into account that some of these medal tallies team events as well. Each medal awarded is counted per player rather than event. (Not sure about team sports like indoor volleyball and basketball, but each medal in events like doubles table tennis and team fencing are have been counted per competitor instead of per team.)

Total bull if you ask me. Same goes with the Chinese, Korean, and Indonesian badminton teams; intentionally losing some of their matches in order to get a better draw in the elimination brackets is called strategy, not cheating. It's something any coach with a brain who wants to win a tournament would do. Apparently, everything is cheating in the Olympics now.

but he did say at first that he fell on purpose then he changed what he said.

also, i think the u.s womens gymnastics are very good, but it bugs me when i watch their interviews because they sound so rehearsed and robotic

So just don't watch their interviews. They're not really prepared to be interviewed, they're more concentrated on their score.

Thing is, I think the appeals system is questionable. I feel bad for Romania's Ponar when Reissman's coach protested about her score.

Man o man, Mckayla Maroney has been getting a lot of flack over this photo

http://images.fashionnstyle.com/data/images/full/4258/mckayla-maroney.jpg

And for not hugging the other medal winners. I can understand she looks a bit sour and upset, but everyone has automatically jumped on the whole "Oh shes ungrateful" or "Shes all B***hey" and I find it pretty rude. Shes spent the majority of her short life training to be the best (which she is) and she made one little mistake at the vault she can do better than anyone else on the planet and it cost her gold. Clearly she is upset, not at what the judges scored her, but at her own performance, upset that she didn't do as well as she knows she can do.

Congrats to her on looking past it and I hope it doesn't upset her too much.

Also, Gabby has had a few nasty runs the last few days. Good to see her still smiling though

And for not hugging the other medal winners. I can understand she looks a bit sour and upset, but everyone has automatically jumped on the whole "Oh shes ungrateful" or "Shes all B***hey" and I find it pretty rude. Shes spent the majority of her short life training to be the best (which she is) and she made one little mistake at the vault she can do better than anyone else on the planet and it cost her gold. Clearly she is upset, not at what the judges scored her, but at her own performance, upset that she didn't do as well as she knows she can do.

Also, Gabby has had a few nasty runs the last few days. Good to see her still smiling though

*sigh*

...and yet the Russian gymnasts didn't get the same flack when they lost to the US in the team all around. People need to cool down.

So just don't watch their interviews. They're not really prepared to be interviewed, they're more concentrated on their score.

Thing is, I think the appeals system is questionable. I feel bad for Romania's Ponar when Reissman's coach protested about her score.

i did too, i thought she was reallly good!

i notcied that the romanians wear little shoes when they perform, do that help with the performance?

*sigh*

...and yet the Russian gymnasts didn't get the same flack when they lost to the US in the team all around. People need to cool down.

Exactly, they where crying because they didn't make it. Mckayla just had a bad look on her face. Just goes to show you what the media are concerned about.

Just like Gabby Douglas was getting lots of crap over her hair, but she just said she doesn't even care.

So happy about Aly Raismen!!!!

I know right! She did an amazing job

Exactly, they where crying because they didn't make it. Mckayla just had a bad look on her face. Just goes to show you what the media are concerned about.

Just like Gabby Douglas was getting lots of crap over her hair, but she just said she doesn't even care.

I know right! She did an amazing job

I'll give credit to the Russians, their gymnastics program (along with Romania) have always been strong for years. It's only natural to feel that way when losing. None of the gymnasts have gotten that far in their competitive career accepting defeat.

Her exit interview was pretty graceful, which is why I don't understand why people were upset. I'm sure 99.9% of people put in her situation wouldn't be smiling if they had just lost a huge event they had trained most of their lives for. She wasn't a jerk about it, it's just the media overreacting. The same can be said about Gabby's hair and the "unamerican" leotards they've been wearing. To be honest I'm getting sick of all these idiotic opinions that try to stir up controversy to make a topic more interesting for viewers. Criticism creates drama and drama sparks interest but this is totally ridiculous.

I'm with you on this one.

Her exit interview was pretty graceful, which is why I don't understand why people were upset. I'm sure 99.9% of people put in her situation wouldn't be smiling if they had just lost a huge event they had trained most of their lives for. She wasn't a jerk about it, it's just the media overreacting. The same can be said about Gabby's hair and the "unamerican" leotards they've been wearing. To be honest I'm getting sick of all these idiotic opinions that try to stir up controversy to make a topic more interesting for viewers. Criticism creates drama and drama sparks interest but this is totally ridiculous.

I'm with you on this one.

Its pathetic isn't it?

That's why I don't want to follow it like I used to. I see nothing wrong with how she reacted.

Humans bug the crap out of me