The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I also have been frustrated by this! I am also really frustrated with the commentators during coverage. I feel like they all pick one fact about each gymnast and milk it. They can't stop talking about Gabby Douglas and how she can't get a handle on her nerves. Um I am pretty sure her nerves are in check now. Since the begining they have been closing up on Jordan and mentioning what a devastation it is that she wasn't in the all around. Leave the poor girl alone! I feel like media decided that without some drama, no one will care. So they picked a fact about each gymnast. And not just the Americans either!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arie, our media are jokes...you should see one reporter here in DC (actually my friend's father-in-law is the reporter) has to dramatize EVEEEEEERYTHING....Anyway...moving onto the USA-GO LADIES TODAY!!!! :) congrats to Canada and Japan as well...well played matches!!! :)

Yesterday I was rooting for USA at the women's soccer final and in the end I celebrated cause americans won fair and square and I also won some money at bwin :P their GK is so damn hot and also an excellent goalkeaper either! She saved USA twice and in the end of the game I learnt that she had a very serious shoulder surgery two years ago! She's a strong woman :P

Woah didnt know that about Hope Solo-shoulder surgery!..yes agree she saved them big time yesterday-when Rampone let it get by her and Solo had to go well solo on the attack, that dive was just incredible!!!!!!! :) as a goalie myself, I appreciated that amazing save! Again GO U S A!!!!! ;)

NBC coverage live has been really annoying. i want to watch all of the medals ceramonies not just one even and i want to see all the athletes on the podium not a EXTREME close up of one person. and the commentators are so annoying they need to learn when to stop talking im just trying to enjoy the games.

NBC coverage live has been really annoying. i want to watch all of the medals ceramonies not just one even and i want to see all the athletes on the podium not a EXTREME close up of one person. and the commentators are so annoying they need to learn when to stop talking im just trying to enjoy the games.

The camera angles on a lot of the fast action sports have been pretty bad. And I've got to agree some of the commentators are a bit annoying, but then again I've always found them a bit annoying so :P. I'm a bit disappointed about the podium as well, in Olympics past they would show the award ceremony no matter who won, now you're lucky to see it if an American wins. I understand it's all in the interest of showing the most sports in a limited amount of time, but it was always cool to hear anthems from different countries.

Overall I haven't been very impressed with their coverage either.

The BBC coverage of the Olympics was fantastic, it was back-to-back on most BBC channels everyday! And they always showed the medal ceremonies no matter who won it, but I suppose we were the host nation so good television coverage was a MUST!

I think they start on the 29th.

it's still obviously on nbc right? i still couldnt find it on the schedule... maybe when the date nears they will put it on

Edited by Rena

it's still obviously on nbc right? i still couldnt find it on the schedule... maybe when the date nears they will put it on

They do start on the 29th, however...

NBC is not broadcasting any Paralympic events to U.S. audiences except for a highlights show on September 16 from 2 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. ET.

whattt! why?? is it because of the repubican convention??? i was looking forward to the games=(

i wanted to watch oscar run

The RNC runs from the 28th thru 30th (a day delayed because of possible weather).

The Paralympics is from the 29th thru September 9, with only the opening ceremony on the 29th, and a few events on the 30th.

I would guess it's because NBC figures the ratings for the Paralympics will be less than the ratings for the crap they normally broadcast.