Photo

Photoshop vs Paint Shop Pro?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Photoshop vs Paint Shop Pro?

Which one do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 cutiesmartgurl

cutiesmartgurl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationTexas,USA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Lets compare and discuss which best graphic photo editing software do you like Adobe Photoshop or Corel Paint Shop Pro?

ohq0kp.png
Used To Be:BaByPiGlEt16,SmartGurl07, & SmartGurl12488
Credit To Me

Artwork Fanvideos Fanvideos 2

#2 CRAPMUFFIN

CRAPMUFFIN

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Paint Shop Pro. I've used Paint Shop Pro 9 for a looong time haha, and I still use it.
Too lazy to learn a new program I guess, even if the latest versions of Photoshop obviously are better.

Posted Image

#3 relevancy

relevancy

Power Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,249 posts
  • Mood::wanderlust
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I've never used Paint Shop, I've only used Photoshop :o

"It's better to say too much,  then never to say what you need to say again. " - John Mayer

351eofb.jpg

siggy and avi made by me || visit my showcase for more! || current status: inactive

#4 BoMa

BoMa

• Moderators
  • 4,594 posts
  • Mood::(⊙,⊙) Owly~♥
  • LocationUAE

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

Photoshop for me, I used paint shop but I didn't like it. Maybe because I already knew Photoshop when I used it.

|| Call me BoMa || Twitter || Tumblr ||
|| Graphics updated 12-May-2013 (Let go of my Heart ) *UPDATED*||

makiblacks.png
|| Young sister: Kim | Twin: Lu | Sister: Stef | Mr.Folf (Dakkusu): Dax | Anime Buddy: Jade | Owl Buddy: Sterre ||
|| Grandpa: Jon | Tomato Grandma: Noura | Corn: Sarah | Carrot: Arie | Graphics Buddy: Lindy | Farm Buddy: Joe ||

#5 Tom™

Tom™

Power Poster

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Photoshop, never heard of the other one lol

bfs2eq.jpg

#6 Unreal

Unreal

Energetic member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Mood::Peace ☮
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

photoshop ;)

our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

follow me

#7 Stoga

Stoga

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

im using photoshop but for vectors (printable) only corel

dar_zps22ac4ece.jpg

call me Marta || My Art Corner

#8 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • Mood::Shiny!
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Started with Paint Shop Pro but pretty quickly moved to photoshop. Not that I'm that good at it but sometimes it's nice for stuff.

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Is it Superman?! No, it's Maestro's twitter!
He also makes videos...so if you would want to watch them...probably not...

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#9 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

definitely Photoshop, I considered paint shop to be very weird, so got it off my computer faster than I installed it.

set by ashley

213omyu.jpg

#10 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Well, I think Adobe is the industry standard for a reason. There are excellent open source alternatives, but something always brings me back to Adobe. And as a professional I'm not allowed to pirate, so yes I dish out hundreds to thousands of dollars for the software, so I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. ;) Photoshop is great, even for web design (which, of course, it's not designed for), it does everything I need. And even the difference between CS4 and CS5 is brilliant, and definitely worth the investment. I know that the web is changing a lot and soon everything will need to be scalable and I'll need to design completely in vector (using Illustrator, likely), but until then I will stick with my trusty friend Photoshop. :P

#11 kosar

kosar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi.how are you?i dont have any friend here.im new.

#12 D D

D D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

I have used both but by far I prefer paintshop pro X5 (15), generally because I find it much easier & more intuitive to use than photoshop. To be fair photoshop does do several things better it's filters & the way you can customize text are much better. If I am honest I probably do not have the patience to learn how to get the best out of photoshop & as I am generally happy with the results i get from paintshop that what I will carry on using.

Dave
Dave Daring on Deviant Art My Profile http://dave-daring.deviantart.com

My Gallery http://dave-daring.d...art.com/gallery

#13 ✿ℐỉά✿

✿ℐỉά✿

Energetic member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Photoshop ^_^

#14 Tiffany

Tiffany

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

I've been using paint shop pro since I was 13, so I prefer to use that, I have jasc's version I'd never use corel. I also have photoshop, which I am trying to use more, and I use when I want to do something paint shop pro can't, but I am still very much attached to my psp9.  I like masking, hard cutting, and how certain feature work better, and it's much more user friendly.

button.pnglIfCrv3.png
pll16.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users