The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Moving to the US

I know that Emma said in a interview, that she would never move to L.A because it scares her. But then she said " I felt suddenly very claustrophobic," she recalls. "I thought, 'I can't stay [in England]. I won't be able to concentrate. I won't be left alone.'"

Im a little confused, is this a maybe or what?

I've tried and tried to refactor what I want to say so I don't sound like a jerk but I repeatedly come up empty. So, please regard the following as a very friendly statement.

The world is a big place. She can move away from England and still end up somewhere which is not Los Angeles or even the United States. That said, fingers crossed for Tucson, AZ, USA!

Well yea...but do you think she really want to?

"Claustrophobic" is a strong word, and knowing Emma, she chose it carefully.

There could be any number of reasons for this.

• Perhaps England is literally too small. It is geographically cramped.
  • Maybe she's tired of being recognized and hassled all the time on the streets of her hometown/country. That's not to say things will necessarily be much better in the US. But she could try?
  • It could simply be that she wants to see the world without the confines of a schedule.

In short: I do think she's going to leave England and I don't expect her to (permanently) return any time soon, after leaving.

"Claustrophobic" is a strong word, and knowing Emma, she chose it carefully.

There could be any number of reasons for this.

• Perhaps England is literally too small. It is geographically cramped.
  • Maybe she's tired of being recognized and hassled all the time on the streets of her hometown/country. That's not to say things will necessarily be much better in the US. But she could try?
  • It could simply be that she wants to see the world without the confines of a schedule.

In short: I do think she's going to leave England and I don't expect her to (permanently) return any time soon, after leaving.

See that was what i were looking for, but its sounds like she dont wanna live in L.A ?

See that was what i were looking for, but its sounds like she dont wanna live in L.A ?

I would imagine that living in L.A. would also be problematic for her. People get star struck, big-time. Hollywood might treat her well 'cause people are used to seeing big stars.

I don't know what Oxfordshire is like but I know that London is a huge, bustling city. It's possible that she wants quieter, wide-open spaces. We have plenty of those, in the US. They tend to be in supremely-hot regions or supremely-cold regions. But hey, what's life without new experiences?

I would imagine that living in L.A. would also be problematic for her. People get star struck, big-time. Hollywood might treat her well 'cause people are used to seeing big stars.

I don't know what Oxfordshire is like but I know that London is a huge, bustling city. It's possible that she wants quieter, wide-open spaces. We have plenty of those, in the US. They tend to be in supremely-hot regions or supremely-cold regions. But hey, what's life without new experiences?

Yeah your right! who knows what life brings you. Does anybody know how long time she has in college before shes finished? because i think that i saw her saying some about that shes far from done with college?

Edited by iboy

Yeah your right! who knows what life brings you. Does anybody know how long time she has in college before shes finished? because i think that i saw her saying some about that shes far from done with college?

I don't know the answer to that but I do know that a handful of jerks (used in place of a less family-friendly word) at Brown made her college experience...rotten. I know that's fairly irrelevant but I've been thinking about it a lot, lately....I just thought I'd put my frustration out there.

I don't know the answer to that but I do know that a handful of jerks (used in place of a less family-friendly word) at Brown made her college experience...rotten. I know that's fairly irrelevant but I've been thinking about it a lot, lately....I just thought I'd put my frustration out there.

I heard that to, but didnt she say that weren´t true? but i think she said that she wanted to study for a long time. But aint sure though

Emma confirmed that the bullying rumors at Brown were false. She had already confirmed the "ten points to Gryffindor incident" never happened months earlier(it was a joke that originated on twitter, but those unaware thought it actually happened which is why Emma was asked about it) and the "football game incident" involved Harvard students, not Brown students, spotting her at a game and supposedly trying to get near her. This was a news item for a while and sparked debates, though Emma herself never commented on it, and was probably unaware of the whole thing.

Emma confirmed that the bullying rumors at Brown were false. She had already confirmed the "ten points to Gryffindor incident" never happened months earlier(it was a joke that originated on twitter, but those unaware thought it actually happened which is why Emma was asked about it) and the "football game incident" involved Harvard students, not Brown students, spotting her at a game and supposedly trying to get near her. This was a news item for a while and sparked debates, though Emma herself never commented on it, and was probably unaware of the whole thing.

I think its sad people i stalking her, i did just read about the football incident. I know its a part of being famous, but still Emma is not even trying to act like one, you dont see her i cars to 10 million and cloth to 10k well people is just born dumb.

Back to topic

But about the L.A thing i mention earlier, i have to things on my mind. The first one is L.A have hollywood, but on the otherside i dont know though, but one thing i dont think shes stays in Europe.

Oh! That's good to know..! Thank you for clearing that up.

In the time I would spend thinking about it, I would find myself growing angry, and thinking about how I would have handled it if I were in the class with her.

Good to know that I can avoid that, now! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...