The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Let's all write Emma the screenplay she deserves.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Emma is trying her hardest to remove herself from the Hermione role? I don't blame her. I wouldn't want to be the "Harry Potter girl" my whole career.

There are so many movies with strong female heroines, who aren't just perfect badass characters, ones wit real flaws. The Dragon tattoo series is one of the first examples to come to mind. Something where she could really explore the emotional spectrum, and at times, show she's not afraid to do some pretty intense scenes as well. Black Swan, Young Adult, films like that, dont get me wrong. Nothing like all these guns blazing femme fatale until the right man comes along, a real character study, a good well balanced film. Has anyone ever had the pleasure of seeing nights of Cabiria?

I've written two feature length screenplays, deciding which to go along with first, and I've been studying film pretty legitimately the past several years, along with a life time of being a hardcore film lover.

I just think Emma Watson deserves a really unique story to show off her skills as an actress, her smarts, her undeniable sex appeal and the fact that she has the talent to break away from "the harry potter girl

" in any future endeavors.

As much as we'd love to write a super script detailing all the things we'd love to see her do, let's really think. What could she do that would make the film world go "Wow... I didn't expect that from Emma."

My initial brainstorm ideas, which I'm used to just having shot down, you have to move through the ideas fast: include elements like: cannibalism or serial killer, film noire esque labyriythine plot with her at the center, or a really simple character study about a college girl supporting her whole family. Trust me, I know these don't sound extremely original, but let's not worry about trying to make a revolutionary story, just a simple story with elements that can be enriched and made the best of.

I dunno, I just feel like Emma's craving something to sink her teeth into and call her own. Let me know if you have any interest in helping me write something, even just for the sake of fun, but why not try and see how far we can take this?

Emma deserves that one breakout role, like Travolta in Pulp Fiction. That's the only example I can think of at the moment as I'm writing this on a whim, hehe.

Hope a few of you feel the same way.

Millennium :wub:

I know you are only using it as an example but I can never imagine Emma as Lisbeth.

Honestly..... my opinion is that I don't even think she has the talent to be :rolleye0012:

I love her and I think she's amazing but I don't think she can pull off the "psychopathic," delusional, cold, apathetic-at-the-same-time-expressing-so-much, bitchy girl.

Plus, her physique isn't right for the role.

ANYWAY, I support her all the way and hope to see her move her way up.

I believe that EMSY can play any character she wants, she can pull anything off, she's going to shine and blossom from now on,

I cannot wait to witness the history. I love the path she's on. She's got good head on her shoulder, I'm not worried one bit.

To be continued....

I agree, maybe prevalent isn't the all too correct word. Maybe just being a film nerd, I've been seeing a lot of good female roles, it takes a lot to get me into a theater.

Emma just seems like a perfect example of an actress who could really take people by surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all she should play in a typical "english" movie like "Notting Hill" or "Love actually".... Richard and Simon Curtis should write a script for her, it would be great stuff.

Then it would be great to see her as a really "bad girl". But not this "Bling Ring"-Stuff, something really evil.... Maybe a bad Bond-girl????

I see her also in a romatic comedy, set in the 19th century. Not "A room with a view", but something like that. I think, she would looks stunning in dresses of the 19th century. Maybe a jung heiress, fighting for her rights against evil neighbours.....

And Shakespeare - Romeo and Julia is a must, but not a modern version of it - or maybe a crossover, with dream-sequences.....

First of all she should play in a typical "english" movie like "Notting Hill" or "Love actually".... Richard and Simon Curtis should write a script for her, it would be great stuff.

Then it would be great to see her as a really "bad girl". But not this "Bling Ring"-Stuff, something really evil.... Maybe a bad Bond-girl????

I see her also in a romatic comedy, set in the 19th century. Not "A room with a view", but something like that. I think, she would looks stunning in dresses of the 19th century. Maybe a jung heiress, fighting for her rights against evil neighbours.....

And Shakespeare - Romeo and Julia is a must, but not a modern version of it - or maybe a crossover, with dream-sequences.....

Notting Hill? Love Actually? :blink: No way lol...

Bad Bond-Girl? Uhmmm...maybe in another 6-10 years time?

19th century? Good idea...but not comedy. I'd rather have her do some classic romance&action stuff...although that would prob end up being a movie that seems a lil out of place today. Ever seen "The Duelists" by Ridley Scott ? That's a good start.

I'd set it in the immediate post-napoelonic time in england...or against the backdrop of the great indian mutiny of 1857...both make great settings for romance and action...:)

Notting Hill? Love Actually? :blink: No way lol...

Bad Bond-Girl? Uhmmm...maybe in another 6-10 years time?

19th century? Good idea...but not comedy. I'd rather have her do some classic romance&action stuff...although that would prob end up being a movie that seems a lil out of place today. Ever seen "The Duelists" by Ridley Scott ? That's a good start.

I'd set it in the immediate post-napoelonic time in england...or against the backdrop of the great indian mutiny of 1857...both make great settings for romance and action...:)

Of course, it must be a Richard Curtis movie.....

Bond girl - now.... It would be great, that such a beautiful young girl could be so evil; maybe some sort of "Tom Riddle"-girl....

Napoleonic time would be ok - with Dan as Napoleon.....

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Emma is trying her hardest to remove herself from the Hermione role? I don't blame her. I wouldn't want to be the "Harry Potter girl" my whole career.

I just think Emma Watson deserves a really unique story to show off her skills as an actress, her smarts, her undeniable sex appeal and the fact that she has the talent to break away from "the harry potter girl

I don't think so, no. I've heard a lot of people saying that, but it's not bad being remembered for a significant role. I think Emma will always be proud of her role as Hermione. She's not trying to remove herself from it, she's just making other movies she enjoys, she's taking parts she's really interested in. I think she can actually afford to be picky.

What could she do that would make the film world go "Wow... I didn't expect that from Emma."

Also a nice actor is not only the one who chooses all these great/unique/weird/totally-different-that-what-we-can-expect roles so they can stand out, or so they can please their fans. I take it, experimenting is nice, all young actors want that; transformation of an actor is really nice for their fans but sometimes some people are just not suitable for some parts. That's it. For instance Emma would never pull off the Girl with the dragon tattoo, or Lara Croft in my opinion. She could try, but there are other people more suitable for specific part. Just like Emma is more suitable for others parts than other people.

For instance try to imagine Zack Galifianakis as Batman. I can't.

---

I'd like to see her in an adventure movie in a part like Elizabeth Swan/Angelica Teach? Like fighting with a sword or something :P

I just want to see her in good movie. Some of the movies people mentioned above, come on. Those can hardly be considered good films. Notting Hill? Really now? I would love to see her in some sort of Drama but of course with her as the lead. I would love to see her portray a character or person that is a household name. Some sort of top quality film that would be a huge box office hit. Maybe a period piece. Just something good!! lol

I just said that I want to see her in a Richard Curtis-movie, because these movies are real british and she is a british girl.... I do not want to loose her to the american film-industry at all..... Could you imagine that Hermione was a girl from the States? :icontwisted8pz:

I think, Perks is a good start in her new career, but she should not forget, that she is from Hertfordshire, UK

In the end, each of us must deside for himself, if she is good in a new movie or not...

The way the industry works is that if she would only work in the UK then she would completely disappear. Every good British actor works on American movies. America is at the head of the industry whether we like it or not. If Emma whats to have a good long lasting carreer, she can't only do British films.

Ok, guys, here a serious question.

Imagine, you had the idea for a movie plot. You write it down in an exposé, 10 pages long, describing the story-line, the main characters and the idea behind it.

Now: where do you put it to get a oppinion, to get recognised?

This is not a Emma-related question, but in general.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

The OP mentioned film noir, and I think that would be fantastic. Emma would be GREAT in a classic black-and-white, REAL noir film.

Imagine, you had the idea for a movie plot. You write it down in an exposé, 10 pages long, describing the story-line, the main characters and the idea behind it.

Any ideas?

I do believe one actually has to have access to people in the movie industry to submit scripts to. As big as this board is, though, I don't see how it couldn't be done. A project worked on across a forum like ours would surely get noticed.

Edited by Revan

I do believe one actually has to have access to people in the movie industry to submit scripts to. As big as this board is, though, I don't see how it couldn't be done. A project worked on across a forum like ours would surely get noticed.

I never thought on this forum when asking this; it is a general question.....

Any ideas?

Likely you'd need some sort of literary agent, same as any other piece of writing.

You'll usually get your initial opinions from friends, relatives, people whose judgement you trust.

American studios do not generally accept exposés, you'd have to complete the script first. Also, they often don't accept scripts from unknown authors, so your first step would have to be to find a script agent who is willing to read your script and might then approach the studios.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a novel that I read a few years ago called "Comanche Moon" by Catherine Anderson, and I've always wished someone would write a screen play of this novel and that Emma would get the lead. It is a very good book and a western and I just love it. There was also a tv show by the same name but that is a totally different story. :)