The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Suggestions, Questions for Emma's Official site

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone had any (sensible) suggestions for Emma's official site? or some Good questions that you wanted to ask her (one's that she hasn't anwsered already 10000 times). I'm meeting with her this Wednesday for a discussion about her official website, so any thoughts, suggestions, questions etc.... please let me know.

Thanks, :hug:

Jo

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're lucky to be able to meet with her but you deserve it most! Good luck and it's a shame to know I have the chance to get a question answered and I don't know what to ask.

Maybe a trivia game thing? To see who can answer correctly to certain facts about Emma and her career.

Or even updating the profile with things such as Emma's favorite music to listen to whether it depends on a certain mood she's in and her favorite films, drinks, foods etc.

Just anything to gather more information though NOT TOO PERSONAL we don't need to know ins and outs.

Oh and Joe you might know the answer to this. Emma said in an interview she never drinks Tea or Coffee only hot water, because she doesn't like the effect it had on her body. But in a Vogue interview she made them coffee. Plus since then she's been seen with Starbucks. Would you know whether she does or not? I know this may sound very creepy and weird but it's something that's bothered me since 2010. xD

EDIT: Oh and maybe see if she can post at least once a month one of those amazing entries she has. It's very rare nowadays!

Edited by Elena Gilbert

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone had any (sensible) suggestions for Emma's official site? or some Good questions that you wanted to ask her (one's that she hasn't anwsered already 10000 times). I'm meeting with her this Wednesday for a discussion about her official website, so any thoughts, suggestions, questions etc.... please let me know.

Jo

Questions i can think of

1. Does she still keep in semi regular contact with anyone from the Harry Potter cast?

2. What sort of movie roles is she looking for in the near future?

3. What is the status of "Your Voice in my Head" now that David Yates has dropped out of the project?

4. What sort of movie roles have you been offered but rejected?

5. Have you auditioned for any roles and not gotten the part?

Thanks for even considering asking Emma some of those questions.

Suggestions:

She should update her official page with fun facts about herself, to keep the page alive.

For example:

Favorite Icecream flavor, favorite song/singer/band of the week or upload a short playlist, update her website with favorite quotes that inspired her and why etc.

- write about favorite mobile phone game,

- she can share a page of her diary like talk about some fun thing that happened during filming one of the movies she was in.

- how different ppl she worked with inspired her one way or the other...

etc etc.

Questions:

1. What kind of movie roles is she drawn to? (Genre-wise Comedy/Action/Drama/Sci-fi/musical) Is she a game to play a mutant or a super hero?

2. Does she audition for movies? If yes then what makes her most nervous about the whole audition?

3. If she were to choose 1 out of these three professions - Doctor, Lawyer, Nuclear Scientist; which one would it be?

4. What draws her to a charity to support?

5. After HP which movie is she most excited to be part of?

6. Is she confident in her acting skills?

Edited by Dina

I'd love to see her give more updates, even if they are just tiny little messages. We didn't even get a birthday video this year, petty as it sounds. I dunno, I loved it when it was emmawatsonofficial, and there was a seperate little blog, and page with her her favourites and dislikes, and whatever, I especially loved the little drawing (the tree of all her favourite things).

That aside, I'd love to have these questions answered:

1) what types of films does she see herself in, in the future?

2) what has been her favourite uni experience so far?

3) since she's in the UK finishing uni now, and she's off to Brown afterwards to finish that, does she have any projects in between? Movie related, or otherwise?

4) WHAT'S GOING ON WITH BURBERRY?! Christopher Baily hinted at another collaboration, and I've been eagerly praying for that...

I've always wondered what were the questions celebrities wanted to be asked but never did.

So I'd love it if you could ask Emma what is a question she'd wanted to be asked but nobody ever asked her. Like of there was something she kept thinking about and she really wanted someone to ask her about it but nobody ever brought it up or asked a question, what was it?

Or if someone finally did ask her the question, what was it?

Thanks for your consideration

On Emma's old site she posted some of her own pictures (usually taken by her dad) of various events she had been to or cool places she had been (The Chanel Apartment in Paris). To me they felt like they had more of a personal touch than paparazzi/media photos as they always seemed to reflect and catch Emma in "true" moments - The bonus being she would have the ability to pick and choose what she wants to share/not share.

I also enjoyed the rough outline of upcoming events that Emma's site used to have. Not looking for super specific details but things like attending the Met Gala in May, attending the premiere for ... movie etc. I am a huge fan of Emma's style so I always enjoyed knowing what events to look forward to so that I can see what she will be wearing.

I would love to see a fashion section where Emma makes comments about past things she has worn to events or out and about. For example, I can't remember where I read it but Emma made a comment in an interview about how she loved the Rodarte dress she wore to an event even though a lot of fashion sites gave her a lot of flak for the choice. I would love to hear little details about why Emma made a specific choice or what look she was going for and/or how she chooses to put certain things together (i.e. accessories, shoes, make-up, layering etc.).

Finally I would love if Emma would include a section on travel. I am a huge fan of traveling and am always looking for some unique or interesting places to explore or see. As someone who has seen much more of the world than myself I am sure that Emma has been to or seen some incredible places - maybe even some that many of us would never have considered seeing. Some ideas for this might include: 1) A list of countries & cities she has visited including some of her favourite sites (e.g. museums, art galleries, historical sites) or places to shop/eat/stay etc. in them, 2) Her wish list of places to visit, 3) Things she can't travel without, 4) Any travel tips she has picked up along the way, 5) Some cool pictures she has taken of her travels - as long as they don't infringe on her privacy, (I would never ask her to post private pics of herself or her friends/family - unless she chose to) but pics of unique sites or places she has seen would be awesome.

EDIT:

Questions I would like answered if possible:

1) Did Emma ever end up naming her chickens & if so what was the final decision? What made her decide she wanted chickens for her 21st birthday?

2) Interior decorating - did Emma style her home herself? If so what kinds of furniture or details does she prefer (minimalist, eclectic, light vs. dark wood, unique pieces, antiques, things picked up in her travels etc.)?

2)

Edited by arwen

Emma has often said she loves art and painting, and I would love to see any of her works of art that she would like to share. Also, she gets a lot of questions regarding her acting career, but not a lot about her modeling career. For example, I think it would be interesting to hear which photoshoots she has most enjoyed doing. I would also like to hear what inspires her or what she thinks about during photoshoots to get the desired end result of the shoot. She always seems so photogenic and modeling seems so natural to her, I think it would be interesting to hear of her experience from when she first began posing for magazine photoshoots to now.

Thanks for all the questions and suggestions so far everyone :) some really good stuff here! Keep 'em up.

Oh and Joe you might know the answer to this. Emma said in an interview she never drinks Tea or Coffee only hot water, because she doesn't like the effect it had on her body. But in a Vogue interview she made them coffee. Plus since then she's been seen with Starbucks. Would you know whether she does or not? I know this may sound very creepy and weird but it's something that's bothered me since 2010. xD

All i can say is i have never witnessed her drinking tea or coffee, she has made herself a cup of hot water in the past. I think at Starbucks she has (in the past) got a Frappacino - which do not contain coffee (or at least the chocolate cream ones don't) ;-)

Hi everyone,

Jo

Hi Jo, when you meet Emma - hug her for me, ok? ;-)

About suggestions:

1. More downloadable content - pics, wallpapers, Emma's creation.

2. More messages, from Emma or you, Jo. In last few months was EWO almost ,,dead.'' :-(

3. ,,Welcome animation'' or something like that(sound, short welcome video with Emma).

4. Suggestion box for fans - for all. Everybody can insert short message with idea for you Jo or Emma(btw. I have few ideas about photo shoots for Emma)

5. Webcam - Emma live ;):rolleye0012:

6. Once in a while live chat with you or Emma.

7. Fan profile. Everybody would like to make his own profile on EWO(I'm sure). Divide by country(for example - Italy, GB, Czech Republic, Egypt, etc.) - Emma can look at her fans(which country, age, hobby, etc.)

8. Maybe another auction for people in need(like plate with her autograph).

9. VIP for me? :rofl: (just kidding... but... ;) )

10. Hug Emma one more time for me Jo. Thanks B)

f.E.W. - Prague, Czech Republic

I'd love to see her give more updates, even if they are just tiny little messages. We didn't even get a birthday video this year, petty as it sounds. I dunno, I loved it when it was emmawatsonofficial, and there was a seperate little blog, and page with her her favourites and dislikes, and whatever, I especially loved the little drawing (the tree of all her favourite things).

And

1. Does she still keep in semi regular contact with anyone from the Harry Potter cast?

2. What sort of movie roles is she looking for in the near future?

3. What is the status of "Your Voice in my Head" now that David Yates has dropped out of the project?

4. What sort of movie roles have you been offered but rejected?

5. Have you auditioned for any roles and not gotten the part?

-> those are great ideas. Because let's not forget that with perks and the bling ring, there will be a lot of interviews - but i'm pretty sure this they quite won't ask. They will ask why this role, how she prepared, etc. Eventually we will know about her choices for her carrer, people always ask !

The old website was better because it was more special, and more simple. The colors used to blend, the pictures were always fresh and never seen updates, we had more regular personnal messages... The new design was a mess, though the slideshow has great HQ pictures.

Suggestions for the website:

-updates more frequently

-more photos and something that says from which event or photo shoot the picture is from, maybe to be able to save them

-a working fan e-mail address, I already send some to the e-mail address on the site sadly never get any feedback (even when I was just asking for an autograph). Something like we received your message would be enough, since emma can't answer all of them

-something like a member area with special messages from emma, or news, or special events for example the members could vote for a question that emma answers

-a little bit more personal touch to the website, like more of her own drawn graphics

etc

Questions:

-How does emma feel if she reads the newspaper/ a magazine and there is an article about herself?

-Which character would she likes to play if she could create this character herself?

-Is she ever nervous when filming something and if yes how does she keeps herself calm?

-If she could learn any language, which would she like to learn?

-If she could open a shop, what would she sell?

:king: I would LOVE to see EMMA's DESIGN back!!!! It is sooo beautiful!

taken from above:

---More downloadable content - pics, wallpapers, Emma's creation. Because the wallpapers are now medium quality nowadays than

it was a few years ago.

--Would love to see that your website/emma's is SOURCE OF IMAGERY. It doesn't have a photo gallery at all, how about site exclusives?

Hi-res. or HQ.... Emma's fashion photoshoots, but that's a delicate subject because of who owns what shoot and you have to talk to all

the photographers and other people, but still, you can do that. Photos that can't be found at all, elsewhere.

-Wouldn't want something that would steal from her spare time, but she could recommend books and music twice a month, either on twitter

or on the website like the read campaign(if she'd like the idea). I loved Dan's choice of book in that campaign and would absolutely love

to see what else is Em into. Apart from the ones already posted as favorites.

Edited by helen2U

Jo. In last few months was EWO almost ,,dead.'' :-(

I know, I haven't really been involved very much at all with Emma's site in the last 18 months, it needs an injection of life - so i've been asked to help out and take control (well, on the stuff i can actually do of course) ....so we will see how it goes.

Webcam - Emma live ;):rolleye0012:

In your dreams :P

Hi Jo! So cool you get to see Emma on Wed! Def tell her that her fans love her, we wish her luck on the MTV awards winning everything for all HP nominations, and look forward to seeing all her future projects! :)

Some questions

1) Do you get to see or hang with or keep in touch with the HP cast now that you all have different projects that takes you all to various parts of the world?

2) In the US, you have been to the East Coast and West Coast, have you ever been to the Midwest?

3) You have more than established your career as an actress, do you have any interest in directing or writing movies in the future?

4) In the last HP, you did alot of action and stunts (clearly you are very athletic), is action a genre you want to pursue?

5) Finally, there were some scenes with cast over the years, especially Rupert Grint where you showed an extremely funny side to Hermione. Would you consider looking for strong, well written comedies that can showcase your comedic skills? :)

Thanks Jo for taking the time to do this! :)

Really nice your asking for suggestions!

I always wondering what memorable gifts she's received from fans over the years? What sticks out to her the most? What was most special?

Edited by Scar

Everyone's suggestions are really great! I pretty much agree with them all!!

For me, I really would love some more posts from Emma. That's pretty much all I care about. I know she is super busy. But it would be great to get random blog posts every once in a while. Not specifically about her either. Her opinion on world matters or fashion trends. Just some blogs on things she likes or cares about. That would be so cool!

Have fun Jo! I can't wait to see what new stuff you guys come up with!

I thought of another question for Emma if she is so inclined to answer:

With the amount of traveling she does how does she manage to make sure she eats right (which is always hard when you are eating out a lot and not preparing your own meals - can't control what goes into it) and stay fit - does she exercise when on holiday or on movie location? And if she does find time to workout what type of exercise does she do (weights, elliptical etc.)? Does she have a trainer?

I have several questions for Emma...

1. What's happening with Beauty and the Beast? Is she still attached to the project?

2. Maybe Emma could add another video on her website to let us know how she is.

3. Maybe a list of Emma's favourite things on the website.

4. Some new photos on the website.

That's all I can think of. Can you please, please, please ask Emma if she's thinking of coming to Australia anytime soon? That would be amazing!

And let Emma know that we all love her and will support her in everything she does! :D

Hey guys! Long time no talk (most of you probably don't remember me, I used to be loopygurl on the board wayyy back in the day).

Anyway, particularly interested in this topic since websites are kind of my life (I grew up to be a web designer/developer), and Emma's definitely needs a pick me up. Not that there will likely be a redesign involved (I'm sure this site cost a small fortune, given the agency that created it), but I have to say that this site is gorgeous and much better than the old site. A mobile version would be nice (technically there is one, in that it strips out the Flash and does something a bit more manageable, but the layout isn't very user friendly on a typical mobile device), but yeah Emma may not want to shell out another couple thousand dollars for that. Just a suggestion she may want to pass onto her tech team.

Honestly, though, as far as content, I definitely think the site has more than enough than what would be considered reasonable for a site of this kind. I definitely agree with missing more frequent updates and such, but that's kind of what Twitter is for. She could think about feeding her Facebook feed into her updates so that the updates appear in both places (which is much more convenient and something we do for clients who don't have the time to update multiple channels). Or, you know, the opposite way, where she can update her site and then have it auto update her Twitter and Facebook, to take the pressure off updating those things. :) (Haha can you tell my job is about making things easier for my clients?)

I find music is a great way to learn more about somebody without being too invasive (music is super personal but sharing music allows others to form their own personal connection, allowing fans to connect with Emma without her feeling like her privacy is being invaded), so maybe she could have an update every once in a while with a song that she really loves.

So, yes, my main recommendation would be one fair-sized blog-like update with what she's been up to every so often (like every month or so?), maybe a snapshot she's taken with her phone over the course of the month (not of her, but of something fun she's seen or somewhere cool she's been), maybe the answer to one or two fan questions and maybe her top song. I think it would give fans something to look forward to, which would keep them engaged with the site (I think some people feel discouraged with the lack of updates, and making them super consistent in terms of content and frequency could help with that).

Also it would be nice to use the "sign up" function in some way that could be interesting... I can only imagine that the agency who does Emma's site must have over a million sign ups at this point and have yet to do anything with them. You could do some kind of "exclusive content" thing with that, such as a random Emma fact, or use it as a way to send exclusive Emma-related news before it hits the blogosphere/news outlets. Or you could set up some kind of exclusive fan giveaway... an autograph or something special. Everyone likes to feel like they're part of a special club, and I'm not sure why else they'd have this functionality since it's not like Emma's really looking for conversions (trying to gain clients or sell products, etc).

Good luck with this, Jo! If you want to shoot around any other web-related ideas or techie questions or whatever, feel free to email me at ling@aisy.ca :D

More questions:

1) Any more fair trade collaborations on the horizon?

2) Does Emma actually wear/own any of her own fair trade creations. Do her friends/family? Has she ever seen anyone on the street wearing her designs?

3) What are some of Emma's favourite places to buy fair trade products besides People Tree?

4) Does it bother Emma that there are people out there who try to copy her style?

5) Does Emma own any of the clothing items she has worn in a photo shoot?

6) What personal guidelines do you wish fans and other people would remember/respect if they do happen to see you in a public place?