The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Suggestions, Questions for Emma's Official site

5-6 new members...Jo you need to post more often ^.^.

I guess I have to ask what are you trying to accomplish? Just injecting more activity or trying to make it more interactive or a little bit of everything?

Ling brings up great points in her post, especially

Honestly, though, as far as content, I definitely think the site has more than enough than what would be considered reasonable for a site of this kind. I definitely agree with missing more frequent updates and such, but that's kind of what Twitter is for. She could think about feeding her Facebook feed into her updates so that the updates appear in both places (which is much more convenient and something we do for clients who don't have the time to update multiple channels). Or, you know, the opposite way, where she can update her site and then have it auto update her Twitter and Facebook, to take the pressure off updating those things. :) (Haha can you tell my job is about making things easier for my clients?)

The lack of updates seems to be the biggest issue among posters here. However, we can't really blame Emma. I'm her age and in college, and I barely have time to do most things. Any college student will tell you they don't have time to spare. Emma tackles not only that but a variety of other projects from film to fashion. I can't blame her for not updating more often, even through twitter/FB. Also keep in mind Emma is smart, she knows whatever she posts will be reposted, and once it's on the internet, it's on the internet. Whatever she posts will be under intense scrutiny, so it's not as easy as just typing out a quick message.

Of course you don't have to rely just on direct activity from Emma. There's also indirect activity, such as fashion updates (photos, ect), maybe start competitions (Graphics, art, literare [poetry/short stories maybe?], music [people have made songs for emma before they won't stop now]). Indirect activity won't generate as much interest from people as direct activity from Emma, but it can help to spark interest, just look at Emmawatson.net (as I'm sure you have ^.^), while many other fan sites have declined over the years, Dook's amazing work has kept it afloat, in part due to the constant flow of updates he's provided.

Also we know she can act, but she's expressed interest in visual and literary arts, and it would be refreshing to see those sides of her personality. I think someone suggested earlier that she post her own work (if she has any [i'm a busy college student don't hate me for not keeping up as much as I use to, I'm still an Emma fan ^.^]). A great way to generate activity in general is to show us an aspect of Emma's personality that can't be found anywhere else.

Ultimately I think the website is pretty amazing as it is given the current circumstances. Social media has really replaced, in large part, the need for fan sites because, for instance, Emma can communicate directly to us now via twitter or facebook. Doesn't that in large part make her official site just a place of storage in terms of what she's accomplished (biography, movies, fashion, info, ect), photos, causes that she supports, projects, awards? If so, there's only so much you can make out of that, and so I think the way the site is right now is good enough, just maybe another tweet here or there ^.^.

All in all, Emma's not part of a large franchise like HP and I doubt any of her new movies will generate the manic response she got while portraying Hermione, and that's not a bad thing. Emma leads a very steady, grounded, life, very drama free (which is why we love her!). I can tell you as a creative writer that drama is everything when trying to spark interest, and while Emma's life is drama free and may not generate as much interest, I don't think many of us would have it any other way ^.^.

Any who, I got analysis happy towards the end there but thanks for reading. If I think of any wild ideas I'll let you know.

As for questions,

1) If you were to write a book, what would it be about and why?

2) Do you have an aspirations of ever directing a film, if so, what kind?

3) (I think she was starting to study literature? I'm horrible at keeping up these days. If not you can disregard this question) Who is your favorite 19th and 20th century author and why?

Any who, thanks for everything Jo, I don't think any of us can thank you enough for the community you've started here that's lasted so long ^.^.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jo. It's been quite a while since we've heard from you.

Here are some suggestions for Emma's official site I have.

- Changes for messages.

One issue with the official site is that the messages only allow a certain amount of words, making it very difficult to leave complete messages. This is more of an issue for me since I tend to leave longer messages and responses to updates and messages from Emma. Even on twitter unlike most people I tend to use up several tweets for a single response :P. I prefer to get a full response through that Emma can read and understand rather than try to cram everything in one brief message. I imagine it would make messages more interesting for Emma to read. While she has other accounts to leave messages on such as twitter and facebook, it would be great to improve on this one as well.

- Character introductions

Recently Emma "introduced" us to Nicki, the character she will be playing in the Bling Ring on her twitter account. I think it would be interesting if Emma did something similar with other characters she played. Maybe writing a message in character, or perhaps even a short video message with her in character on set(if it's allowed), in order to give a sneak preview of what to expect for her future projects.

- More old "never before sceen" pictures and footage.

As you know the official site in the past had pictures Emma's father took over the years posted on it of Emma working on the Harry Potter films. It would be nice if Emma posted more stuff like that, and not just with Harry Potter, but other projects and events as well if she has anything like that, whether they be pictures or videos. Of course this is for only the stuff Emma is comfortable with showing.

I'll think of some more, but pretty much everyone already addressed things I would like to see, such as more updates on her site either by Emma or yourself, more information on Emma's interests, personal touches and graphics, etc. Of course you guys should ONLY do what is reasonable and what you can actually do, not go overboard trying to appease every one. These are suggestions, not demands after all :P.

Questions for Emma:

1) I've heard that you would love to write a novel someday. If so what would it be about? Who would the characters be?

2) Would you play a character in a film adaptation of the aforementioned novel? Who would you cast for it?

3) What types of characters would you love to play?

4) What has been your favorite role so far?

5) What has been the most interesting thing you have learned at university?

I'll try to think of some more before the time expires. I hope all is well with you and your family and good luck to you in your meeting with Emma. Be sure to put in the good word for me and tell her I love her and wish her good luck at the MTV Movie Awards.

Website suggestions:

1) Paid Premium Membership Services

While most content and videos can be free on the Internet, there's an opportunity to offer behind the scenes videos, photos, etc. Just think if Emma launched a section where fans could access videos, behind the scene photos, computer backgrounds, screensaver, etc. With almost 3M followers on Twitter and obsessed fans, I’m pretty sure loyal fans will pay :)

Singed Memorabilia

A signed photograph or DVD is something fans will cherish forever. If you don’t have the chance to get in person, the next best way is to buy online. Often times, you never know if the autograph is real, but when you buy from a celebrity’s official site, it can’t get more official than that. Offer fans the ability to purchase signed items online ;)

Questions:

1) Do you find it difficult to find the role/type of characters that you want to play?

2) Which actresses do you admire, and why?

3) Do you have any plans to write or direct in the future?

4) How have the roles for women in films changed?

5) Tell me about an area in which you would like to improve as an actress?  

6) Do you ever think that you could've done a bit better in any particular role? 

7) What is something that you know now that you wish you knew when you were first starting out as an actor?

8) What is your favorite daily wear attire?

9) Any words of wisdom that you would like to pass on to actors looking to break into show business?

I know this one is silly, but I'd love to know the answer: If I came to your home and looked inside the refrigerator, what would I find? 

Thanks for taking us into account, Jo! xo

What about your technical skills?

For example you bought a wardrobe from Ikea. Do you like to assemble it?

What about motorbiking? Have you ever been sitting on a motorbike?

Greetings from Berlin :)

Website suggestions:

1) Paid Premium Membership Services

While most content and videos can be free on the Internet, there's an opportunity to offer behind the scenes videos, photos, etc. Just think if Emma launched a section where fans could access videos, behind the scene photos, computer backgrounds, screensaver, etc. With almost 3M followers on Twitter and obsessed fans, I’m pretty sure loyal fans will pay :)

Would that really be fair though? There were discussions of doing something similar for the forums awhile back, and it's always been decided against because not everyone can pay and because we didn't believe in limiting anyone's opportunities. Emma still has a lot of younger fans and even older fans given the tough economic situation might have trouble scrapping up money for a Premium membership. On top of that a lot of behind the scenes content is controlled by the studios and working around the legal issues might be more trouble than it's worth. Also I don't really see the use in generating income unless it's being used for some purpose of enhancing or maintaining the site. I don't think it's a question of loyalty, we're all devoted fans and our visiting this site and offering suggestions is a testament to that.

That's not to say that Premium Memberships wouldn't offer any benefits, but it feels like the con's would outweigh the pro's.

Hi Jo

thank you for asking our questions from Emma.i really love Emma.

please ask her who are her favorite singers and actors?

I hear Emma & Taylor swift are friends.i'm one of Emma & Taylor's fan.i wanna know is it true???

I love Emma's brother,too.i mean alex watson.i wanna know what's his birthday's date???

i love Emma forever & always :)

All i can say is i have never witnessed her drinking tea or coffee, she has made herself a cup of hot water in the past. I think at Starbucks she has (in the past) got a Frappacino - which do not contain coffee (or at least the chocolate cream ones don't) ;-)

Thank you for the information. xD

Have fun tomorrow!

Edited by Elena Gilbert

Would that really be fair though? There were discussions of doing something similar for the forums awhile back, and it's always been decided against because not everyone can pay and because we didn't believe in limiting anyone's opportunities. Emma still has a lot of younger fans and even older fans given the tough economic situation might have trouble scrapping up money for a Premium membership. On top of that a lot of behind the scenes content is controlled by the studios and working around the legal issues might be more trouble than it's worth. Also I don't really see the use in generating income unless it's being used for some purpose of enhancing or maintaining the site. I don't think it's a question of loyalty, we're all devoted fans and our visiting this site and offering suggestions is a testament to that.

That's not to say that Premium Memberships wouldn't offer any benefits, but it feels like the con's would outweigh the pro's.

Yeah, I would DEFINITELY advise against Premium Memberships, especially because as of yet there isn't even really a... Normal Membership option, meaning there really is no product here. Not to mention in this day in age there's no such thing as entirely exclusive. Stuff shared with "Premium" members would automatically be posted around the Internet, which is a definite rip off for people who DO pay, and also, once again, shows that there is no product. :P My idea of using the data the site has already cultivated to release "exclusive" data is a lot easier to maintain, at the end of the day would become public anyway (much like any press release), and isn't excluding Emma's fans who may not be able to, or want to, pay for a subscription. Everyone knows roughly how much Emma is worth, she doesn't need to be paid to release information, and I think it could be a bit... iffy, for her reputation if she did so.

Haha, sorry, I've arrived at work for the morning (like I said, I'm a designer/dev for a marketing agency), and I'm in full marketing swing. :D I think while it's good to have lots of ideas for Jo to take to Emma, it will take several meetings before anyone has an idea of where they want the site to go. It's all well and good shouting out suggestions, but at the end of the day many of the suggestions don't meld well with the current purpose of the site – which is, generally speaking, a static site that's more akin to a resume or portfolio than a way for Emma to connect with fans. If she wants to take it in another, more interactive, direction, it's pretty much going to be a "back to the drawing board!" scenario, in terms of figuring out EXACTLY what she wants to accomplish AND THEN shouting out ideas that fit accordingly. :)

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone had any (sensible) suggestions for Emma's official site? or some Good questions that you wanted to ask her (one's that she hasn't anwsered already 10000 times). I'm meeting with her this Wednesday for a discussion about her official website, so any thoughts, suggestions, questions etc.... please let me know.

Thanks, :hug:

Jo

Hi Jo,

I'm new to this so please forgive me. :P. I'm not sure whether this falls under a Good question but I've wanted to ask Emma Has she ever been locked out of her house or forgotten her house key? and if so, what has she done in the mean time to occupy herself? It came into my head the other day as it's one of these things that can happen to people and it's rather embarrassing haha and i thought hey maybe it could be a question.

Edited by Maz

Yeah, I would DEFINITELY advise against Premium Memberships, especially because as of yet there isn't even really a... Normal Membership option, meaning there really is no product here. Not to mention in this day in age there's no such thing as entirely exclusive. Stuff shared with "Premium" members would automatically be posted around the Internet, which is a definite rip off for people who DO pay, and also, once again, shows that there is no product. :P My idea of using the data the site has already cultivated to release "exclusive" data is a lot easier to maintain, at the end of the day would become public anyway (much like any press release), and isn't excluding Emma's fans who may not be able to, or want to, pay for a subscription. Everyone knows roughly how much Emma is worth, she doesn't need to be paid to release information, and I think it could be a bit... iffy, for her reputation if she did so.

Haha, sorry, I've arrived at work for the morning (like I said, I'm a designer/dev for a marketing agency), and I'm in full marketing swing. :D I think while it's good to have lots of ideas for Jo to take to Emma, it will take several meetings before anyone has an idea of where they want the site to go. It's all well and good shouting out suggestions, but at the end of the day many of the suggestions don't meld well with the current purpose of the site – which is, generally speaking, a static site that's more akin to a resume or portfolio than a way for Emma to connect with fans. If she wants to take it in another, more interactive, direction, it's pretty much going to be a "back to the drawing board!" scenario, in terms of figuring out EXACTLY what she wants to accomplish AND THEN shouting out ideas that fit accordingly. :)

I remember you of course :)

Sounds like your very good at your job ;-)

You are right of course, We won't be doing a premium section to the site for the exact reasons you state here. Emma isn't interested in making money from her fans - in fact your bang on, at the moment is very much a portfolio - whether that remains the case...well i guess that needs to be decided tomorrow.

Hi Jo, well my name is Emma (as Emma watson lol ),

and I have some questions and some ideas fore Em(I readed in a magazine that her friends told her Em xP ):

Suggestions for Emma's official website:

1-She should do some games about her life and her likes and normal problems in her quotidian life.

2-She should update more her website lol.

3-She should update more images and videos.

Questions:

1-Do Emma answer fan mails or, most importantly fan letters in personal?

2-Is Emma going to visit Spain sometime? I'm from Spain and I want to at least see Emma in personal 1 time in my life, than one of my wishes will be solved :blush:

3-If a fan ses Emma you in the street, and runs and runs until it arrives next to you and then she hugs you and says if she can take a photo with her... is she going to be friendly and accept what the fan wants, or is she going to be rude because she is sick of fans?

4-Can I have a posibility to meet her, I'm from Spain...? Can you introduce me with Emma?

5-What is Emma's favourite food?

Well thank you so much Jo and please ask this questions to Emma Watson and the question 4 and the 3 (the most personal questions) can you ask it to her and send me the question in my email: hpandmore@gmail.com

I wish you the best Emma! Emma rocks 4EVER! :rolleyes:

PS: I love this smiles: :excited::ohyeah::lostit: and the funniest: :whaa: lol lol

Thanks again ;)

It's really nice of you to ask us our opinion, Jo! I won't add any suggestion for the site because there have been plenty of them and I feel like I would just repeat same things. Not to mention I'm not that imaginative so my suggestions probably wouldn't be good like others.

I'm also happy that you give us opportunity to write our own questions. Here are some:

1. When she is having press conferences and people always ask her same questions over and over again, how does she manage to stay so positive and nice to them? I would probably be irritated by same questions every day...

2. Everyone asks her in which movies would she like to act but I'd like to know if she would ever consider acting in a big budget series like Harry Potter again? These days there are some fabulous book series and many of them will become movies, how would she feel if someone offered her the main role in them? Would she accept or say no because she did Harry Potter and wouldn't like to do it again?

3. What's the best advice she was given about fame that she has now that she's so popular?

4. Does it bother her that girls around the world consider her a role model because she has to think twice before doing something or she doesn't think about it and just lives her life?

I hope at least one of these will be good enough for her to answer it. :)

Omg first of all you're soo lucky, give her a huge from us! =) but anyway, this might be my only chance to get an answer to this so it would mean the WORLD to me if you could please ask her about her favorite music at the moment, artists, songs, etc. please please please? also im sure a lot of girls (including myself) would be interested in her make up routine, favorite products and such..

so thank you and have fun tomorrow!

Hi Jo, my name is Paweł

I have some questions for Emma:

1. Is Emma going to visit Poland sometime ? I'm from Poland and I want to see Emma very much :) ( for example in Cracow, certainly favourite City of english football squad this summer during EURO 2012!;) This is my little dream :)

2. I heard in interview that Emma had polish great- grandmother. If Emma could say something about her great- grandmother ( for example Her name)?

3. What is happening with comedy "The End of the World"? Is Emma attached to the project ?

Good luck to You in your meeting with Emma:) Wish Her good luck at the MTV Movie Awards!

Hello! My question: What do the Harry Potter books mean for her? If she has already answer that question, could you tell me the answer? Thank you ^_^ About the website I just want to say that please put as many pictures, photos and videos as you can on the site because she is so beautiful and I think everybody likes watching them. Thank you again xx

I wish if Emma's website could be updated as it contains many old stuff..

hi Joe,

this is my questions for Emma..

1)If a fan meets Emma on the street and asks her for autograph what does she normally do?

Edited by ronaldo

Just a quick overview regarding the website, hopefully I'm in time...

A constant updating stream of her social media to be on the front page or at least immediately in the "latest from" page. A stream from her Twitter on the website would be an example; or updates from her official Facebook page.

The website wasn't hard to navigate at all but maybe a breadcrumb feature will make things a bit easier on user-friendliness as to let the visitor know how they got to that particular page.

I'm not sure if I may have missed it but maybe the addition of a visual media page for visitors who want wallpapers, banners, etc. The media could be fan-made too.

There's probably a few more better suggestions that I could've came up with but that's what I have for now. I hope it helps improve her official website.

-----

As for a question I'd like to ask her, the only ones I can think of right now are:

Have you ever considered possibly doing a Bond film? (most important one ;) )

What do you consider yourself as far as personal style and appearance?

Food!! Do you like to cook? If so what's your favourite to whip up? (not entirely sure if this has been asked before)

Tell her greetings from the Colonies for us Americans yeah?

------

Thanks for considering us, Jo! Best regards.

Edited by sirbenedictvs