The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Suggestions, Questions for Emma's Official site

Putting individuals on a pedestal is almost cathartic IMO. Like reminding yourself there are others wasting oxygen enriching life on this planet. Therefore a simple message or the feeling that this certain someone spends time responding to you can brighten up your day.

Let's not wax philosophical though. We had things to nitpick and whine about :P

Edited by Sacred_Path
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting individuals on a pedestal is almost cathartic IMO.

I agree; on the other hand you have not made the experience, I made with that little wardrobe girl from Pinewood. That makes it a little bit difficult for me. But I have to deal with that.... :blush:

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

I agree; on the other hand you have not made the experience, I made with that little wardrobe girl from Pinewood. That makes it a little bit difficult for me. But I have to deal with that.... :blush:

I think in most cases, people have some profound reason for their fandom, even if it doesn't seem like it. You're not projecting all sorts of feelings on someone if there's not something essential driving this behaviour.

I think in most cases, people have some profound reason for their fandom, even if it doesn't seem like it. You're not projecting all sorts of feelings on someone if there's not something essential driving this behaviour.

Yeah and this seems to be a thing I'm missing because I've never been one to become attached to fandom. I like things, sure. I'm a BIG nerd. I am VERY enthusiastic about art, music, fashion and media. But I also feel a disconnect from the celebrity cult phenom because... I don't know, I guess I spend a lot of my time taking care of my friends and myself and there simply isn't any time to care about whether a girl I've seen in some movies a few times does... whatever. :P I'd say Emma is the only celeb I hold a mild "interest" in, and that's mainly because I was part of the fandom from the beginning. But even that didn't make me double back to a cafe in London when my friend told me Emma was there. My feet hurt from a day of shopping in 4 inch wedges and it's not like she'd want people gawking at her anyway. ;) That's how my brain works. :P

Edited by ling

Yeah and this seems to be a thing I'm missing because I've never been one to become attached to fandom. I like things, sure. I'm a BIG nerd. I am VERY enthusiastic about art, music, fashion and media. But I also feel a disconnect from the celebrity cult phenom because... I don't know, I guess I spend a lot of my time taking care of my friends and myself and there simply isn't any time to care about whether a girl I've seen in some movies a few times does... whatever.

I agree with you, ling. Each and every word of you post. On the other hand - she guided me out of a dark tunnel I was in for months.

293641_499042276800469_1145373868_n.png

True story, I ran/ groveled past La Joconde in the Louvre w/o looking at it cause my feet hurt. But not looking at Emma? NEVAR :P

Though, yeah, it would have been awkward to go back there. What would you say? "Hi I'm a peasant and I want to touch your hair for good luck and this year's harvest."

Edited by Sacred_Path

True story, I ran/ groveled past La Joconde in the Louvre w/o looking at it cause my feet hurt.

Okay THAT is awful! I literally dragged my bloody stump feet around the British Museum and Tate Modern and I thought I would die but I LOVE MUSEUMS SO MUCH. My poor friends had to stop every 5 feet for me to cry, and when I got to Nandos I vowed never to leave (but then I did actually take the tube back to my hotel and soak my feet for a few hours... I'm not writing this from that Nandos).

If you read the title of the thread carefully, you will realise that it does not matter........ :rolleyes:

But we've come to some conclusions, haven't we?

Clean that site up and give it a more professional look if that's all that Emma wants from it. It makes a better impression and generates less heartbreak that way.

Or else, force her to answer some silly questions at gunpoint/ whatever else you come up with. It can't be that hard for Chrissakes. :doh:

But we've come to some conclusions, haven't we?

Clean that site up and give it a more professional look if that's all that Emma wants from it. It makes a better impression and generates less heartbreak that way.

Or else, force her to answer some silly questions at gunpoint/ whatever else you come up with. It can't be that hard for Chrissakes. :doh:

Strange, in my head appeared the voice of Clark Gable, who says: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!" Means to me: nothing will change.

If you remember it, Emma did not know the movie with this quote.... So.....

She just needed a hint.

Which brings us to silly question #1. In a movie, would you like to kick some Alien butt/ can you operate a flamethrower?

Shush, that question wasn't for you.

Maybe there's a chance for silly questions to get answered where the same obviously doesn't work for professional/ personal questions. She doesn't make any commitments/ doesn't need to worry about giving too much away by answering.

Oh Wow, where to start... :lostit:

First of all I will say that if there were no copyright laws and no limits, then Emma's official website would be the greatest website on earth. :puh:

It is hard for me to explain everythign to you, because I CAN'T, it's private.

So, Emma, why not paying Dook some money and let him run your official page? Emma-Watson.net needs only some extensions (more informations and pics about her movies, fashion, carity...., a half-yearly chat with Emma.....) and would be perfect as "official net-base".

While I agree that Dook is a brilliant brilliant 'webmaster' but It's not a simple as you are trying to make it sound. First of all (as Ling stated) there is the issue of copyright. We cannot post pictures from every premiere/award ceremony etc, because it is a COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Fan sites can easily get away with this, but anything on a official capacity would be caught very quickly and made to pay fines/taken to court.

Amen.

But I do really not understand why it is so difficult to run a page propperly, if you are paid for it. If you do it "because you are a fan", ok. But I think, Jo. is paid for it. So....

I expect you are fishing for me to answer here if I get paid or not. It's not going to happen.

You (as usual) assume so much, but you have absolutely NO idea how this sort of thing really works, and believe me, I would LOVE for it to be as simple as you think it should be, but it isn't at all. You could have as many fans as you like running the website, but it wouldn't look any different or have any more regular updates than it does right now. You really shouldn't comment on things when you do not know the circumstances and are just taking a wild guess.

Fan sites can write what they like, they can post about movie rumours, or dating rumours (I know Dook doesn't do this) or anything they want. You have to remember that anything put on Emma's official website will be picked up by the press immediately because it will be taken as fact. This is why nothing private will go up, or any silly rumours.

So we can assume that any updates/ features like the Christmas Q&A were Emma's ideas

Nope, please don't assume anything.

she guided me out of a dark tunnel I was in for months.

So then WHY do you feel that she owes you so much more? you're never satisfied in anything she does, it's never enough.

If she has (as you claimed) saved your life, then surely that is much more than anyone else has given you.

To Conclude, I would just like to ask why you give Emma such a hard time? Emma has a website, Facebook AND Twitter. Ok they might not be updated as much as YOU would like, but hey if you compare that to the 2 actresses that are probably closest to her right now - Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence - it is a lot more than they are giving. They have no official Twitter, Kristen has no official website, and Jennifer's is very static (a lot more so than Emma's).

Oh and look Emma Stone, an actress everyone loves - but what's this? a Twitter account with no tweets? :o what an outrage!! AND no official website? :whaa: Wow, she must really HATE her fans... :rolleyes:

1) I see, that any reasonable discussion is made impossible with the argument of "confidentiality". Or that things are "private".

2) I do not want to know, if you get paid for running Emma's homepage. And what I think about the performance, if you get paid - is my private thing this time.... :blink:

3) Emma Stone does it right - she offers nothing, so nobody can expect something. Better do nothing, then do it half-hearted or amateurful.

3) Emma Stone does it right - she offers nothing, so nobody can expect something. Better do nothing, then do it half-hearted or amateurful.

Ah yes, i'm sure if Emma Watson did 'nothing' you would be absolutely fine with that..... :rolleye0012:

This, from that man that wants everything from her.

It is hard for me to explain everythign to you, because I CAN'T, it's private.

That's fine, but people will judge the product, if not the people behind it.

Nope, please don't assume anything.

Way to misquote me:

or that they had to be presented to her along with the associated costs

My point was that Emma plays some part in what happens (or doesn't) on the site, as it seems.

Plz don't try to cast us (me) as ungrateful brats. My point is that it's not advantageous to advertise interaction that never happens on the site. It makes Emma looks like a tease.

I don't actually want Emma to feel obliged to do things she doesn't feel like doing. Therefore, my advice is to change the site's layout to a simple business card, until that point in time when she actually has the time/will to engage in discussions with fans.

I know you're the wrong recipient for this, seeing as you make money off Emma's site :P , but that's my stance.