The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Just to keep track of all the answers we get

Q: What’s happening with Beauty and the Beast?

A: Guillermo del Toro, the director, has just finished editing his last film and is working on the script and pre-production for Beauty and the Beast.

Q: Would you be interested in directing/producing?

A: Absolutely. I still have a lot to learn but I would definitely like to do something like this in the future.

Edited by helen2U
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah she announced on her Facebook she'd be posting answers to questions on there! I found it so exciting!

yeah too exciting! But not all peeps have facebook, so I thought it'd be nice to post the ones so far. :happydance:

I love this idea!!! Best thing ever lol can't wait for more :D

yep me too, I have a feeling there's a new one coming today hehehe

yeah too exciting! But not all peeps have facebook, so I thought it'd be nice to post the ones so far. :happydance:

yep me too, I have a feeling there's a new one coming today hehehe

Probs tomorrow actually :P

I already saw the updates on the Q&A were also posted in emma's officials, how many knew?

Hehe, I'll keep posting the answers here, it's probably more visible in this forum.

Pardon me:)

Q: Are there any more fair trade collaborations on the horizon?

A: There has been a lot of speculation about my People Tree collections, with stories running that they 'failed' or that I was unhappy. This was really strange because I felt the opposite of this. From the two collections I did with People Tree overall sales were £446,000 which was a huge surprise. The collections generated work for 400 farmers, artisans and tailors! For me though, the most important part of the collaboration was that I was able to raise the profile of Fair Trade fashion which I think I did successfully. I visited Bangladesh to see the clothes being made and spoke with the factory workers first hand to understand what the real issues were so I would be able to talk about them in an informed and real way. In terms of other collaborations, I have decided I want to put all of my energy into my acting career but it was something I really enjoyed doing,learnt a lot from and am glad I did.

I just saw that on FB. First question that we haven't heard before and got real information about! I am excited that she is going to focus more on acting! However, I do love how involved she got with the Fashion industry.

I think it was cool how she did raise awareness...my best friend has been working with FairTrade in Chicago for the past few years-main focus is on the food industry so I am highly aware of FT. But for fashion-definitely found that as being new so that was interesting. Whether it was done out of sheer interest or for school when Emma first thought about this project, it definitely made its way around people! :)

I agree-I dont always get on FB-first time in 11 months! I lie not LOL...so to see what questions Emma is answering is very cool...also 5 million plus!!!! WOWWWW...Go Emma girl!! :)

I think it was cool how she did raise awareness...my best friend has been working with FairTrade in Chicago for the past few years-main focus is on the food industry so I am highly aware of FT. But for fashion-definitely found that as being new so that was interesting. Whether it was done out of sheer interest or for school when Emma first thought about this project, it definitely made its way around people! :)

I agree-I dont always get on FB-first time in 11 months! I lie not LOL...so to see what questions Emma is answering is very cool...also 5 million plus!!!! WOWWWW...Go Emma girl!! :)

yeah that's why I have put the answers here, maybe some peeps don't have or don't check fb nor her website that often.

But seen links to the answers on emma's officials, I had no idea and I check all the forums all the time.

Emma's popular and I like how she uses that, i like her preference for UNICEF and CAMFED, followed cancer support on twitter(macmillan hope I write it correctly) and I'm sure she donated to the people in bangladesh that she visited.

Again I thank you for doing this for us. This is pretty much the forum I visit daily so it is cool to see the questions here instead of heading over to FB. I actually sometimes forget I have an account! :)

When I was in high school, UNICEF was a big one we supported as well as OXFAM (for hunger in different countries). Each day we would all fast for a day to see what it felt like for people who would have to go hungry daily. I have to say it was not easy especially when you had a basketball or soccer game to play that day. But somehow we did it. Emma is a kind girl with a very big heart. Not too many 22 year olds in her position would be as charitable or as caring. CAMFED was something new I have not heard of much. But, I think my former high school supports this organization-we are an all girls' Catholic high school so this makes sense they would support an organization like this since education of young women has always been a super high priority even when I attended.

Again I thank you for doing this for us. This is pretty much the forum I visit daily so it is cool to see the questions here instead of heading over to FB. I actually sometimes forget I have an account! :)

When I was in high school, UNICEF was a big one we supported as well as OXFAM (for hunger in different countries). Each day we would all fast for a day to see what it felt like for people who would have to go hungry daily. I have to say it was not easy especially when you had a basketball or soccer game to play that day. But somehow we did it. Emma is a kind girl with a very big heart. Not too many 22 year olds in her position would be as charitable or as caring. CAMFED was something new I have not heard of much. But, I think my former high school supports this organization-we are an all girls' Catholic high school so this makes sense they would support an organization like this since education of young women has always been a super high priority even when I attended.

I adore my em dot net forum peeps what can I say:) I recently designed a banner for Room To Read's program for girls,

indian girls more specifically, to put girls in school, and came right at the time when I wanted to do something, so I

understand her work. I mean, if you are able why not? Here in Romania there's no room to read program like that but there's

OVIDIU ROM founded by Leslie Hawke, the mother of Ethan Hawke, NGO similar to the first mentioned. It is difficult to

catch people's attention and popularity is the direct way to that. That's why I adore her.

I think it's sad that she won't collaborate with designers anymore. If her line really did well she might have a talent that will go unused now

nah really, don't be this upset now. I believe what she said related to her present,

she might still change her mind later on. She did use her drawing/design talent, not to mention

producing the line had her doing so many things, and learning too. She won't be doing another PT line

but she's still gonna do things like that lancome lipsticks range. She's going for bigger things, you'll

see that she's probably going to have her own clothing lines etc.

She's going for bigger things, you'll

see that she's probably going to have her own clothing lines etc.

Not sure about that, she is really focused on being an actress right now and wants to be taken seriously...so is really slowing down on the fashion stuff.

Who knows what will happen in future years though, you can never write it off completely.

From what I gathered from her last response, fashion was something that was interesting to do but wants to focus her energy on acting (we as fans I know are definitely excited and psyched to hear that :))!!!! But yeah who knows what will happen in the future-we may even see Emma directing/producing her first project! :) Whatever Emma does, we wish her well and continuous success in all she does! :)

Agreed, we all read her last Q&A and she specifically said she was going to focus on acting and not do anything else with Fashion. That doesn't mean she isn't going to enjoy it. But, she isn't going to have her own line. That's not what she wants to do. She said it straight out!

Not sure about that, she is really focused on being an actress right now and wants to be taken seriously...so is really slowing down on the fashion stuff.

Who knows what will happen in future years though, you can never write it off completely.

Yes JO, that is what I meant, she's only going to do extraordinarily well.

The clothing line, only gave an example but the future's bright.

Q: What sort of movie roles are you drawn to? Would you do another blockbuster franchise?

A: I am definitely staying away from blockbuster franchises for a while! In terms of the type of parts I am drawn to, I need to be interested in the role, and who I would be working with. The director’s vision is key. Sometimes what’s on the page isn’t always representative of what a piece can ultimately become and a great director can take a good script to another level and make it incredible.

Thank you!! :) I saw it in Emmas officials threads...its an awesome response...shes write-scripts can maybe not always show the potential-its how it will be brought to life. As for blockbusters, I see this not for a long time happening, for any of the Potter cast.