The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always a class act in her tweets...she did address DM ;) but again in a classy manner. DM should be used to pick up Darcy's lil presents off the grass ;)

I decided to actually read the article...everything in it was lies/wrong/errors/whatever ya wanna call it...unreal is all I can say...she cant even freakin take her friend's dog for a walk without the media stalking her. Wow sloooow newsday for DM.

Edited by cbmac12

As always a class act in her tweets...she did address DM ;) but again in a classy manner. DM should be used to pick up Darcy's lil presents off the grass ;)

I decided to actually read the article...everything in it was lies/wrong/errors/whatever ya wanna call it...unreal is all I can say...she cant even freakin take her friend's dog for a walk without the media stalking her. Wow sloooow newsday for DM.

Agreed. It's so ridiculous. She just tweeted again and I love her hash tag of Factcheckingtakesfiveminutes. She is so great!!! But it's probably so frustrating to deal with!!

Agreed. It's so ridiculous. She just tweeted again and I love her hash tag of Factcheckingtakesfiveminutes. She is so great!!! But it's probably so frustrating to deal with!!

Daily Mail isn't interested in facts, or the truth. They're interested in selling papers, and getting visitors on their website. They also seem to have something against Sophie Sumner. If you do a search on their site, you'll get hundreds of articles that mention "Emma Watson". I got 11 that mention "Sophie Sumner". They even used a photo that was cropped to remove Sophie for this article, and didn't even mention she was there too.

This is what I find so pathetic dook..they know whose name will grab peoples' attention. I just find it sad and unreal of this "paper". What's even more ridiculous is that Emma has to defend herself over something she technically has nothing to do with.

Question 7:

Q: What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you regarding fame?

A: Emma: My mum said to me very early on in my career, “Never give anyone information that you aren’t comfortable discussing at any time, anywhere and with anyone – once you open the door on a subject it’s very difficult to close it.†That is very true and I am a very private person. It's not always easy to follow but I try to keep it in mind. A film critic also once told me that acting was unlike any other in the entertainment industry – an actors job is to tell other people’s stories; to suspend an audiences disbelief and make them believe you are who you are portraying. That job is made almost impossible if your audience know too much about you, the actor, as a person. That has always stayed with me and the older I get the more I see the wisdom in it. However, as much as I might want to do that, I have to acknowledge that it’s not totally possible with the way my career turned out! People have watched me grow up and I think Harry Potter became more famous than I or I think anyone ever anticipated.

Her mom gave her daughter awesome advice. One thing I have always admired about Emma-she doesnt want or feel the need to be a party girl who wants to have her life broadcast in the spotlight-keeps her private life just that-private.

I think Emma is right-the calibur of the success of HP movies is pretty dang amazing-even though the books are a TREMENDOUS success, the success of the movies was def a roll of the dice.

I'll have to disagree about the suspension of disbelief part - I never had a problem with that by knowing stuff about an actor. OTOH, suspension of disbelief becomes much harder if you've built a professional image of yourself that doesn't go with the role you're playing.

Emma answers question 8:

Q:What advice would you give to your nine year old self?

A:Emma: I think I would have asked more questions of some of the amazing actors on the Potter films – Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Gary Oldman, Emma Thompson, Helena Bonham Carter, Kenneth Branagh – everyone – but I was only nine!

You are right, but Emma is always a bit different..... <_<

In fact, I think she has all their phone numbers, so she can ask questions now..... :D

And - as far as I can remember - she wrote a diary about her chats with Helena Bonham-Carter....

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Emma reminds me so much of my best friend-both are very critical of themselves and failure is not allowed/never been allowed by themselves. She and my friend both need to realize that it's ok not to be successful all the time at things and to make mistakes. We all do!! :) They need to understand people still love them regardless, faults and all!! :)