The Emma-Watson.net Forum

It's not meant to be historical.

Emma herself commented on the setting: "I think what Darren's going for is a sense that it could be set in any time. It could be set sort of like a thousand years in the future or a thousand years in the past."

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her pants are a big historical mistake in the movie,  did I mentioned this before?

Uhm, I'm sure I've heard about deerskin clothing in the Neolithic. Not 'pants' per se of course, and maybe not in the Middle East.

Well, get slim and healthy, Noah-style.

If she would not be Emma, I would say: "Go and see a doctor, girl!"

Crowe is supposed to be the family patriarch though, and he's usually looking like he needs a roast pig in a tub of potatoes every day just to maintain his blood sugar levels. So, the girls have to scrounge around in the underbrush for edibles. That may actually be realistic and historically correct. :P

I mean, attaching the moniker of "historical" to any bible story would be considered a stretch to many, myself included. 

She does look a bit too CLEAN I would say. I probably don't look that well groomed and I live in a nice flat in a resort city in the UK. JUMP IN THE MUD PUDDLE, EMMA!

Here's the thing...I am Catholic and I even think the outcry of controversial religious movies is slightly ridiculous...Last Temptation of Christ and the one with Jim Caviezel (directed by Mel Gibson) were all said to be controversial...some people will always yell blasphemy...look at how some think Harry Potter is evil, about the devil, etc...I think people need to look at reality and not fantasy.

Cant wait to see a trailer for this!!

• 2 weeks later...

But you see the reaction of the audience. Emma appears - they are screaming, clapping their hands, buying this shit. This is the whole purpose of this project. Making as much money as possible, and using for it also Emma's fanbase.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

The weird mix of supposedly realistic wood working skills and supernatural awsum smackdown powers exhibited by Noah make me understand why this movie offended/ bored all kinds of people. Also the choice of musical score seems like something out of an 80's or early 90's movie.

Give me $ 130.000.000,-- and I make a movie, worth that Emma is in it....

Interesting that studios can waste so much money these days.

Oh - on the page you suggest, Sacred, look at the will/won't see counter in the right corner...

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Give me $ 130.000.000,-- and I make a movie, worth that Emma is in it....

Interesting that studios can waste so much money these days.

Oh - on the page you suggest, Sacred, look at the will/won't see counter in the right corner...

I have to correct myself: it is an AAA budget.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/budgets/all

Not quite on top of the list, but pretty high up.