The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much obvious special effects and computer generated images here... it really bothers me.

I also hate this trend of making a synopsis of a movie instead of a teaser. Ok we know the story, but there's no need to show everything in a trailer !

They laid out the basic plot, but they definitely didn't show everything. 

Paramount is trying to appeal to a mass audience here, so they can't exactly show stuff like "eleven-foot-tall fallen angels with six arms and no wings".

This isn't a family friendly movie. It will earn every bit of it's R-rating.

Never thought that I would ever say that: Love you for that comment......   

Again, a true fact about me is that I don't just LIKE things because Emma is in them. I don't like action-y films. I've never seen any of The Lord of the Rings, The Avengers or whatever. I tend to favour quieter films... which is part of the reason I loved Perks and liked Bling Ring. 

@Roberto: Obviously I know the whole movie wasn't in the trailer, but you are supposed to showcase enough of the film to entice the audience and I did not feel any pull at all to see this.

And that's not me trying to bash the film, I'm just not its target audience and that is okay because lots of people are not the target audience of a lot of films. I'm also not really the target audience of This Is The End, and that is clear from the problems I had with it, but I knew I would appreciate it for some cheap laughs and crude humour and then never really watch it again. With Noah I might watch it on Netflix one day, leave the room to do something else half way and not return until the end... which I can predict because that's what happens when I watch other films of this genre.

Oh well. It happens. I'm sure Emma will be good in it, some people will like it and she won't really miss me. ;)

I'm just saying that the genre and tone that they are showing here is going to be completely different from the actual film.

Paramount needs to make the story seem simple and predictable because they need to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

There's gonna be more to this story than just CGI-laden set pieces and epic battles.

Aronofsky isn't the kind of director that makes forgettable action movies.

Maybe in 30 or 40 years Noah will be seen like the big epic bible-movies of the 1950is. A movie-history spectacular, like Ustinov as Nero or Heston in "10 Commandments". Today it is only - well, what? A "7 Shirt movie", maybe, because I will iron 7 shirts during watching it some day....

Oh, and I really, really hope that the reaction of the audience when Emma appears will not like: "Say, is this not the little chick who played in Harry Potter????"

Oh, and I really, really hope that the reaction of the audience when Emma appears will not like: "Say, is this not the little chick who played in Harry Potter????"

I'm sure the audience will be bombarded with too many half-baked ideas to wonder if Emma is still The Brightest Witch of Her Ageâ„¢. If the movie is cut in a way similar to the trailers it might give you convulsions.

I'm sure the audience will be bombarded with too many half-baked ideas to wonder if Emma is still The Brightest Witch of Her Ageâ„¢. If the movie is cut in a way similar to the trailers it might give you convulsions.

Maybe, Sacred. But I ment the audience in 30-40 years and I refer to your opinion, that HP maybe will remain her greatest success.

And in some silent minutes of my life I does have convulsions, seeing, how this pretty, talented girl is wasting her life on movies like this one.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

HP maybe will remain her greatest success.

It is. But I think there's little focus on Emma in this movie and people will only have some passing thoughts about HP if at all. It's all about deerskin pants and a giant ship and thunderstorms, oh my!

It is. But I think there's little focus on Emma in this movie and people will only have some passing thoughts about HP if at all. It's all about deerskin pants and a giant ship and thunderstorms, oh my!

Well, I think many fans of her will go to the cinema, seeing her wearing the latest deerskin-collection by Samath, the taylor. The collection includes also a well known accessory, the scarf...   The thing is, this girl can wear everything, Gucchi, Prada, Lagerfeld, Samath......  She is, besides her bad hand fo choosing roles, really a exceptional woman......

Tweet yesterday to Russell Crowe by a friend: "I think this movie will be the greatest biblical disaster - since the real Noah!" (he re-tweeted it)

As a Christian Catholic, I see nothing controversial about this...once again the media is doing their bang up job. I am SO seeing this...the action, the effects, the actors, the story itself looks AMAZING. GO EMMA and everyone in Noah!!

I suggest, that everyone who is saying that this is a "biblical Noah", should read the Book Genesis, Chapter 6 and 7.
This is a "Hollywood-Noah", with action, never described in the bible and with character, never mentioned in the bible (f .e. --> Ila, Emmas part).

So this is, what it is: a Hollywood movie, trying to copy the bible-blockbusters of the 1950ies.
Or the fullfilment of a wired dream of an overrated director.

i find it oddly ironic that hollywood would produce a film like this, that acknowledges the very existence of a God/Supreme Being/Higher Power, that the atheists/evolutionists who run hollywierd and the pseudo-science academia have vehemetly denied since the dawn of the darwin era. lol. i am not religious in a brand-name sense, but yes, God exists, as does the red-horned dude down below. that said, you can count me in the ticket line. yups.

There are a few different cuts of the trailer.

The U.K. Cut (My Favorite): 

/watch?v=KSeecpWM8AA

The American Cut:

/watch?v=ADc1_6UiXic

What the heck? Apple only released a single version?

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/noah/

I used to watch all the trailers in apple website. What now?

[EDIT]

And holy wowzer! UK version is waaaaaaay better than the ameriacas one. Dam you apple!

Edited by Pierobon
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a picture out of one of her fashion-shootings. Good to know that at the time of Noah there were good fashion designers and makeup-artists. Give her her mobile in her hand and it is a "Emma today"-picture out of a campain for natural reindeer-clothing.....

But she looks lovely, even for the time of Noah.....