The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a great promotional shot, thanks for posting it. Noah is definitely on my 2014 must-see list. :)

And this is exactly what the producers want..... That her fans running into the cinema, seeing that rubbish.

The greatest disaster since .... the real Noah.

Emma is sinking her career with movies like this one. Can someone tell this Emma, please?

Emma is sinking her career with movies like this one. Can someone tell this Emma, please?

What if instead of a very cliché hollywood-style career she instead want's just to have fun filming only the scripts that touches her heart the most?

What if instead of a very cliché hollywood-style career she instead want's just to have fun filming only the scripts that touches her heart the most?

I imagine a lot about Emma and her life, but I do not imagine that she is very into faith and the bible (right now). She did this movie because

a) it was directed by her favourite Aronovsky

b] the cast includes stars like Hopkins and Crowe

c) there was no other project on offer at the time

Of course you can explain each and everything she does with the simple phrase "because she wants it / she is rich, she can do everything she wants".

But on one hand she tells us that she wants to be an actress (and I think, she ment to be a successful actress), on the other hand she picks projects with no chance to grow or with parts, not pushing her to her limits. Just sitting beautiful at the bank of a river, mowing grass for the soup, is maybe a little too less to be recognised as a talented actress for a big, dramatic movie. For me "Your voice in my head" is her last chance to show us, that she is a serious, dramatic actress.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Must suck for your "last chance" to be at age 23. You're twice that age, right? And as far as I can tell, you've made much less of an impact on the world than Emma has. You must be in quite low spirits. I feel bad for you now that you are so far past your own expiry date. :<

I think she could go do WHATEVER and still have amazing Hollywood connections. If she doesn't want to do serious films now, then she won't. If she does want to one day... then, yeah, I think there are a lot of people who would want to work with her. Maybe she doesn't WANT to be a dramatic leading lady. Maybe she enjoys the idea of being more of a character actress. I know I would.

Good response Ling!! :) again the trio can do w/e they want! I mean they can retire at least 30 times over- can you imagine being able to say that 23-25 years old!?!?!?!? I mean I am sure they all want to continue acting but the same time experiment with different roles which I give them mega props :)

This chart says nothing about the history of the Nominees / winners.

I bet, all of them did great performances BEFOR they won their first Oscar.

Great performances = demanding, to the limit pushing roles / parts.

My critic is, that she is doing only simple parts in B or C-movies and that her real talent is wasted.

Tell me, Roberto (I think you are good in figures), how many big productions Hollywood is making every year. And in NOT ONE of them is a part for Emma?

I think, she is not doing it because nobody is OFFERING it to her.

But, of course, the excuse: "She can do what she wants" is easy to use in that case.

Who said that she is UNTALENTED?

The only damn thing is that she is not USING her TALENT for that what she deserves: BIG, DEMANDING ROLES.

And because she is not doing it, there are only three reasons for:

a) she does not want it (ok, she is so rich, she can make "acting" her hobby for the rest of her life, as many Brits do in Amateur Drama Groups)

b] she get's no offers for it

c) she get offers but turning them down due to her "high standards" (no nudity, no this, no that....)

To be a "big amazing actress" means to take part in "big amazing movies" and not in creepy B or C - movies.

Well, if you think she's not getting offered roles by people whose job it is to see talent, then you must not think very highly of her talent.

On the other hand, I think it's entirely possible that studios don't think she can carry a film on her own. She never has. She might not be confident enough in her ability to do so. Pushing her to do a big role in a big film before she is ready, only to have her fail, is a lot worse than taking smaller roles to experiment with acting.

Most people don't get thrust into their career at age 9, they try different things and move up gradually. You have small, part-time jobs in retail, then maybe work as an office assistant while going university, perhaps throw in a few internships and then land your first full-time role... as a junior. Nobody is born an Oscar-award winning actress (with a few VERY, VERY small exceptions). She played the same character for 10 years, so of course she needs to take time to expand on her life experiences. She's dabbled in fashion, beauty, independent films, blockbusters... but do you really think a girl who's lived her whole life in ONE studio has the capacity to take on truly nuanced lead roles? Probably not, which is why she needs to build up a bit more of a repertoire before anyone even CONSIDERS casting her in something super dramatic... and I'm sure she realizes that.

There is no need to carry a film "alone". Give her a proper male-co-star and a good script and the movie will work....

I do not think that she gets too many offers - from the right people. As I said, Hollywood is producing (how many?) movies each year and there is no real good, demanding part for Emma?

But maybe you mentioned her real problem: she is dancing on so many parties at the same time (movie, fashion, modeling.......) that there is no real time to build her acting career. Following her it seems that she is more on board of planes between LA, NY and London instead in studios.

There are plenty of female-driven stories with multiple female casts that aren't lesbian dramas. Although I wouldn't be opposed to that given the fact that there are so few lesbian dramas. I'm sure Emma could play a lesbian as well as she could play a straight person; it's not like lesbians aren't humans or love the people they love any differently than hetero or bisexual women. 

In any case, I don't think she's doing too much and that is distracting her from acting. I think she needs to try a lot of different things in order to EDUCATE her acting. She's grown up in a position of privilege, and most demanding roles will contradict that. She needs to experience different things to inform her roles, before she can step into a character that demands knowledge of oppression and sacrifice.

And this is exactly what the producers want..... That her fans running into the cinema, seeing that rubbish.

i am a fan, and you can take your negativity and discriminatory labeling of my fandom, and stick it where the sun fails to reach.

Edited by Emma_Rules