The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But maybe you mentioned her real problem: she is dancing on so many parties at the same time (movie, fashion, modeling.......) that there is no real time to build her acting career. Following her it seems that she is more on board of planes between LA, NY and London instead in studios.

Gosh, does she really looses that much time airborne?

I mean, every 2 flights sums at least 24h doing nothing at all, how many times a year she travels?

(Long live concorde!!! How I miss that plane =D)

• 2 weeks later...

Austrian movie review for 2014:

"Every time, hollywood is in a crisis, they are producing Bible-movies. So 2014 will be the year of big epic shit...  [....] even Hermione left Hogwarts and is currently mowing grass for Noah in Aronovskys "Waterworld"-sequel....

Really, I love the editor.

• 2 weeks later...

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/emma-watson-want-comedy-003000421.html

Q. Who do you play in Noah?

WATSON: She is the adopted daughter of Noah; she’s a refugee and she’s rescued by Noah’s family. Her family was killed in a battle or a raid, and she kind of suffers these serious wounds to her stomach which means that she can’t bear children. And, she falls in love with Shem (Douglas Booth) who is Noah’s older son. It’s a very dark film, and I think it’s a very youthful, innocent, hopeful love story, which brings a kind of light to the eclectic chaos. So yeah, it’s a really special love story.

Q: You read the bible growing up?

WATSON: Yeah. I studied the bible in school, I studied other religious texts as well, but in England, you do get taught biblical stories and I was definitely aware of the story of Noah.

Q: What was it like working with Russell Crowe?

WATSON: Amazing. I didn’t think anyone else could have played this role. It needed an actor that you believed physically would be able to build something of the magnitude of the ark, and he was someone who could be both a warrior, and also have complicated internal walls. He just felt very believable to me; he pulled off something that would be very difficult.

Q: Are you still at college or have you finished?

WATSON: Yes, I plan to graduate in May. From Brown.

Q: What are your favourite subjects?

WATSON: I love history, I love English, I paint and I draw, so I love visual arts.

Q: Did you manage to have a normal university experience?

WATSON: It was difficult. I don’t think it ever could have been like your standard university experience, no. But I feel like I definitely experienced it, and I also like that I had an experience of a US institution and a UK institution, which I kind of compare the two and yeah, I am happy that I got to experience it.

Q: Did you get any new interests when you were in America?

WATSON: (laughs) I was really into TV shows, and I started watching House of Cards, and Orange is the New Black and Friday Night Lights, stuff that I hadn’t really been into before, and it was really through my college friends, that was a Friday night thing, we would do TV marathons.

Q: After This is the End, do you feel like going to some comedies?

WATSON: Yeah, Steve Chbosky, who I did Perks with, and I have put together a comedy together at the moment and it’s something that I think earlier on in the Harry Potter films, that was one of the aspects that I enjoyed the most, was that Hermione was actually very funny. She was actually very unaware of herself and as a result, she was very comical. I missed that aspect as things got more serious and things got darker throughout the series. I really miss those kinds of scenes between Hermione and Ron where you would really laugh. And I did a play when I was at Brown, I did Chekov, and it was The Three Sisters and it was a really dark comedy and I really enjoyed getting to make people laugh. So yeah, it’s definitely something I want to do.

Q: What was the part that you relate yourself to the character?

WATSON: Just I guess that I am making the same transition that she is. It’s kind of I am at that age where I am deciding what do I want to do, where do I want to live, what kind of person do I want to be, who am I going to choose to love, you are making all of these really big, important life choices. It’s very intense in many ways, I feel like that’s what your early 20s are about, figuring out your place in the world, and that’s what she’s going through. She’s becoming a woman.

I think you have reached that interesting stage with your parents where you might not necessarily agree with everything they believe, and it’s something you are trying to figure out, okay, which parts of my upbringing do I take with me, and how do I have my own independent mind and that conflict is really difficult. It can be very difficult to overcome, and I think very specifically at this age, it’s quite difficult too where you are becoming your own person, but you don’t want to lose your parents, and they don’t want to lose you but they don’t know how to be this new person in your life if they are not this very sort of dogmatic figure, and you are trying to figure it all out.

Q: If we had an ark today, who do you think deserves a seat on that ark?

WATSON: My cat Phineas. (laughter) She’s never done anything bad to anyone.

Q: After growing up with the Harry Potter films, do you feel that you are comfortable on huge scale movies like this?

WATSON: I think it’s useful having had a history of working with special effects, and I feel also just in terms of stamina, (laughs) I know that sounds crazy, but I am used to things taking a long time. I am used to having to do the same thing over and over again in order to be able to get technical things right. I am used to being outside in the freezing cold for hours and hours and hours and being soaking wet and rained on and then having to run and then cry, that kind of stuff. It’s very comforting for me in many ways, not in terms of performance, but just in terms of like, what it’s day to day, as hard as it has been, I have already done that. And in terms of again, we are about to start promotional stuff on Noah and it can feel quite overwhelming and I have to remind myself, it’s never ever going to be as full on as it was with Harry Potter. So it’s a comfort in a way to know that. If I have done that, I feel like I can do most things, which is nice. (laughter)

Q: Is that something that you take into consideration when you choose a role, if it’s a positive role for women?

WATSON: I mean I do yeah, I do. I think it would be difficult for me to take on a part that I felt, it’s difficult to follow up Hermione with someone that feels a bit wet, (laughter) and it’s difficult. But obviously, I played Nicky from The Bling Ring.

Q: Which was the opposite.

WATSON: Yeah. So, I will play all sorts of different types of characters and no one is perfect. Iwould hate to play a sort of nauseatingly perfect person as well. You want to play someone that you feel is relatable and real and who makes mistakes and has fears and doubts, insecurities, but yeah, I think I do take it into account. Yeah.

Q: Do you watch yourself on film?

WATSON: You know, it’s funny, I think it was Maggie Smith who, I remember saying to, ‘Oh, I don’t know if I could do it, I don’t know if I could watch myself, it’s so hard.’ And she basically just told me to get a grip. (laughter) Because ultimately, what I do is an art, but to a certain extent, it’s also a science, it’s also something that I need to get better at. It’s something that I keep learning at and if I don’t watch what I do, how can I get better? How can I see what I did wrong in order to know how to do it better the next time? So I try to be objective, I try to tell myself that I do it in order to keep getting better each time, and of course it’s difficult, but you just kind of got to do it.

Q: But you know when you are good.

WATSON: I think so. (laughter) I do struggle, but I can say in some scenes that I am really proud of them. I would probably never be able to say that about a performance as a whole that something was perfect, but I can always be like I am proud of that moment, or proud of that moment. I can see that there’s something truthful here.

Q: Can you cry easily?

WATSON: I cry in the film four times. I cry so many times in the film, so I guess it is something that I am good at. I think that’s what my mum said after the film, ‘Well, if nothing else, it establishes you as a good crier.’ (Laughter) And I went, ‘Thanks mum.’ And that is something that is difficult to do because you are actually having to produce something physical; it’s not something you can really fake necessarily very well. So it was challenging. And you really have to kind of go there to be able to make that work.

Edited by Roberto

Reading that interview, I have only one question: what happend to the "great birthgiving scene" of Emma (twins, if I remember right), some members announced here months ago? Now they went the most easely way, making her unable to have children.....  Haha, so funny. Never really thought that Emma is seen in labour in a movie....
We are again far away from a demanding role.....

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Reading that interview, I have only one question: what happend to the "great birthgiving scene" of Emma (twins, if I remember right), some members announced here months ago? Now they went the most easely way, making her unable to have children.....  Haha, so funny. Never really thought that Emma is seen in labour in a movie....

It didn't occur to you that if she had added "...but, miraculously, it turns out she can bear children", it would be considered a spoiler, did you?

It didn't occur to you that if she had added "...but, miraculously, it turns out she can bear children", it would be considered a spoiler, did you?

No, because in that case she would not talk about that fact at all. The fact that she cannot bear children must be in the focus....

But, who cares. The movie is crap and will not be better only because of that....

Jonny Carinthia, on 25 Jan 2014 - 05:34, said:snapback.png

HAHAHAHA, I wonder if she would burst out into crazy laughs trying to film labour work, and if because of that she would have to roll at least 5 takes or so...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rough-seas-noah-darren-aronofsky-679315

When Darren Aronofsky was a 13-year old in Brooklyn, he had one of those unforgettable teachers. Mrs. Fried dressed in pink and drove a pink Mustang; Aronofsky says she was "magical." When she assigned his English class to write about peace, Aronofsky produced a poem about the dove that wings its way to Noah aboard the ark in the Bible. When the poem won a United Nations contest, it sparked Aronofsky's nascent faith in his creative powers.

More than three decades later, the 44-year-old director is completing his epic take on the Noah story, a project he's contemplated ever since he made his breakout indie film Pi in 1998. At that time, he says, he talked to producer Lynda Obstabout the idea, prompting her to ask, "Do you realize what you're getting into?"

He didn't. The making of Noah, with Russell Crowe as the lead, turned into a head-on collision between an auteur filmmaker coming off a career-defining success in Black Swan ($330 million global, five Oscar nominations) and a studio working to protect a major investment that is intended to appeal to believers of every religion as well as those without any faith. Paramount Pictures, in partnership with New Regency Productions, is shouldering a budget on the March 28 release of more than $125 million, by far the costliest movie Aronofsky has made. (His previous high was $35 million for The Fountain, which foundered for Warner Bros. in 2006.Black Swan was independently financed and cost just $13 million.)

The trouble began when Paramount, nervous about how audiences would respond to Aronofsky's fantastical world and his deeply conflicted Noah, insisted on conducting test screenings over the director's vehement objections while the film was a work in progress.

Friction grew when a segment of the recruited Christian viewers, among whom the studio had hoped to find Noah's most enthusiastic fans, questioned the film's adherence to the Bible story and reacted negatively to the intensity and darkness of the lead character. Aronofsky's Noah gets drunk, for example, and considers taking drastic measures to eradicate mankind from the planet. Hoping to woo the faith-based crowd, Paramount made and tested as many as half-a-dozen of its own cuts of the movie.

"I was upset -- of course," Aronofsky tells The Hollywood Reporter in his first extensive interview about the film's backstory. "No one's ever done that to me."

Both director and studio say that's now all behind them. "There was a rough patch," Aronofsky allows, but at this point, Paramount is fully supporting his version. Vice chair Rob Moore says the studio is launching an advertising campaign designed to communicate that this film -- an exploration of Noah's emotional journey -- flows in large part from Aronofsky's imagination.

Moore says Aronofsky's Noah is not in the more literal vein of the blockbuster Bible series produced for the History channel by Mark Burnett and Roma Downey. "They've been very effective in terms of communicating to and being embraced by a Christian audience," says Moore. "This movie has a lot more creativity to it. And therefore, if you want to put it on the spectrum, it probably is more accurate to say this movie is inspired by the story of Noah."

At the same time, he says the film reflects "the key themes of the Noah story in Genesis -- of faith and hope and God's promise to mankind." The studio is aware that a vocal segment of Christian viewers might reject the film over accuracy. Still, Moore says, "Our anticipation is that the vast majority of the Christian community will embrace it."

The studio and its faith-based consultant, Grace Hill Media, have reached out to a number of key figures, with some success. Special trailers were screened to positive reactions at U.S. Christian conferences, including Catalyst, the Global Leadership Conference and Women of Faith: Believe God Can Do Anything. In January, Pastors Brian and Bobbie Houston of Hillsong, a Pentecostal megachurch based in Australia and with outposts around the world, were invited to a screening on the studio lot. Ben Field, the church's head of film and television, who was there, says the pastors will support the movie. "If you're expecting it to be word for word from the Bible, you're in for a shock," he says. "There can be an opportunity for Christians to take offense. [but] we were pretty excited that a studio like Paramount would invest in a Bible-themed movie." On Feb. 4, Pastor Brian, at the church's Heart and Soul night in Sydney, spoke before a few thousand congregants and joked, "You'll enjoy the film -- if you're not too religious."

Still, big challenges lie ahead. Burnett and Downey attended the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington on Feb. 6 to tout their new Jesus film, Son of God, which hits theaters Feb. 28, and received an enthusiastic reception. By contrast, an informal poll by THR of attendees at the key gathering of religious leaders found little awareness that a Noah movie was weeks from release. Further, THR spoke with several people who saw an early test screening in Southern California's Orange County and who identified themselves as religious. One viewer, who declined to give his name because Paramount required him to sign a nondisclosure agreement, echoed the sentiments of others by criticizing the depiction of Noah as a "crazy, irrational, religious nut" who is fixated on modern-day problems like overpopulation and environmental degradation.

Moore, one of the few top Hollywood executives who identifies as a devout Christian, says he isn't worried. As reflected in the ad for Noah that ran during the Super Bowl, Paramount is selling amazing effects as well, especially to the foreign market. Already, Moore says, early tracking is encouraging overseas, where the studio intends to release the movie in 3D in 65 countries. "The one thing Darren hadn't done before is those big visual-effects shots," he says. "And he certainly did a great job to deliver spectacular visuals."

The Bible's account of Noah is not packed with detail. "From a storytelling perspective, the main points are that Noah is a man of faith who is picked by God, told to build an ark, builds the ark and survives," says Moore. When the studio did early polling to explore the idea of a Noah movie, it found that audiences thought they knew the story and didn't grasp what the movie might add.

But as anyone who has seen Aronofsky's hallucinatory Black Swan or Requiem for a Dream might have guessed, his Noah was never going to be the white-bearded figure of popular imagination. "We wanted to smash expectations of who Noah is," says Aronofsky during a break from finishing the picture. "The first thing I told Russell is, 'I will never shoot you on a houseboat with two giraffes behind you.' ... You're going to see Russell Crowe as a superhero, a guy who has this incredibly difficult challenge put in front of him and has to overcome it."

It's fair to say Aronofsky is singularly committed to his vision. Fox Searchlight production presidentClaudia Lewis, who released Black Swan, analogizes the director to Natalie Portman's obsessed character in that film -- "her drive, her perfectionism, her desire to give it all, never mind the consequences." In an email, Lewis adds, "It's a fierce artistic mind-set, slightly nerve-racking in audience previews (for him, not us, we're used to it!) but energizing and mesmerizing in its single-mindedness. I found it oddly endearing."

Aronofsky, who grew up in a conservative Jewish household, says his goal from the start was to make aNoah for everyone. For nonbelievers, he wanted to create "this fantastical world a la Middle-earth that they wouldn't expect from their grandmother's Bible school." At the same time, he wanted to make a film for those "who take this very, very seriously as gospel."

While he and co-writer Ari Handel dreamed up a world that included fallen angels with multiple arms and inventive, computer-rendered versions of animals, Aronofsky says, "I had no problem completely honoring and respecting everything in the Bible and accepting it as truth." Genesis describes the ark as a giant box, he says, and that's what he wanted for the film. "Of course, my production designer [MarkFriedberg] had a million ideas of what it could look like, but I said, 'No, the measurements are right there.' "

Aronofsky says Moore's Christianity is one reason he set up the movie at Paramount when there were other suitors: "It was written by two Jewish kids, and to get his reaction gave us the confidence that there was a bigger audience for the film." Moore concurs: "Certainly the conversations we had about the movie took place at a very different level than a lot of other people in terms of my understanding of the story."

To Paramount, Noah seemed like an opportunity to do what Warner Bros. had done in entrustingAlfonso Cuaron with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban as he came off of Y Tu Mama Tambien -- take a chance on pairing an auteur talent with an important, big-budget project. At the same time, it represented an opportunity to go after the massive faith-based audience that drove The Passion of the Christ to $612 million in box office a decade ago (an audience that has since proved elusive for Hollywood).

But as work progressed, the studio wanted to do what studios invariably do when a lot of money is on the line: protect its investment. Aronofsky was vehemently opposed to test screening the film before it was done. "I imagine if I made comedies and horror films, it would be helpful," he says. "In dramas, it's very, very hard to do. I've never been open to it." The studio also insisted that test audiences are sophisticated enough to evaluate movies without finished effects in place. "I don't believe that," he says.

Aronofsky went to a few of the early screenings, but it was terrible to him that audiences were seeing an unfinished film. He compares his approach with the work of a sculptor: "You start with a big piece of clay and keep going and going and going." To show audiences an overlong, 2½-hour cut with only 20 minutes of music in place struck him as folly. (The final version of the film is 2 hours and 12 minutes.)

Tension grew as the studio became concerned about some of the feedback. One worry, says Moore, was that "significantly conservative folks who have a more literal expectation" from a movie about Noah might turn against it and become hostile. "There are some people where it's a very emotional experience of, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa -- a Hollywood studio is trying to tell a story from my faith, and I am skeptical,' " he says. "Not necessarily 50 percent of the people, but maybe 10 or 20 percent. And those people can be very noisy."

The screenings revealed a range of issues for that group. Some in the audience found the Noah character too conflicted. Some needed clarification that Noah's son Shem, played by Douglas Booth, was married to Emma Watson's character, Ila. "It was important for a Christian audience that you affirmed that these two were married -- which we took for granted," says Moore. That was easy to address by adding a line, but there were more complicated problems.

In some cases, Moore says, "people had recollections of the story that weren't actually correct." For example, there was Noah's ability to open and close the door to the ark. "People said the door to the ark is supposed to be so big that no man can close it. Well no, that's not actually what it says. What it says is that God ultimately shut the door of the ark when the flood comes, so it wasn't Noah shutting the door on the rest of humanity -- it was God making a decision."

And then there's the scene -- which actually is in the Bible -- in which Noah, back on land after the flood, gets drunk by himself in a cave. "But most people do not remember or were never taught the fact that after Noah's off the ark, there is a moment in the story where he is drunk," says Moore.

As Aronofsky worked on his version of the film, Paramount set out to make its own cut under the auspices of production president Adam Goodman. Moore says Goodman has demonstrated his talent for working with filmmakers to get the best version of a movie, citing last year's G.I. Joe sequel andWorld War Z as examples. "Both ended up being hits when they could have easily not been," he says. "When you're in a movie that's over $100 million, there is a level of process you go through because the stakes are so high."

Aronofsky, who went without final cut approval on the film in exchange for Paramount greenlighting a nine-figure budget, says he was confident the studio's efforts would fail. "My guys and I were pretty sure that because of the nature of the film and how we work, there wasn't another version," says Aronofsky. "That's what I told them … the scenes were so interconnected -- if you started unwinding scenes, I just knew there would be holes. I showed it to filmmaker friends, and they said the DNA was set in this film."

Further, he felt confident that he knew where he wanted to go with his film. "I'm a great closer," explains Aronofsky. "I've never reshot a frame, and I think that's very odd on big-budget movies. We're meticulous. We come from independent film, with limited resources." Aronofsky says with pride that he kept the project on track despite the complex effects and a life-imitates-art storm -- Superstorm Sandy -- that delayed filming on one of his two massive ark sets, in Oyster Bay, N.Y. "It was pretty hard to keep working," he says, adding that some of his crew who lived in the area had their lives upended. "But we still brought it in on time."

As the studio and Aronofsky worked on different cuts, producer Mary Parent was caught in the middle. "To Darren, I said, 'Listen, no one is impeding your process,' " she recalls. "'Try to embrace their process as best you can and have faith that they're going to do the right thing in the end.' Which they did." In fact, sources say the studio's versions tested no better than Aronofsky's. "They tried what they wanted to try, and eventually they came back," the director says. He adds, "My version of the film hasn't been tested … It's what we wrote and what was greenlighted."

Whatever happens with Noah, the story has had a happy ending in one respect. Aronofsky asked his mother, herself a retired schoolteacher, to track down Mrs. Fried. She found her in Florida, and Aronofsky invited her to the set. True to form all these years later, she arrived in a pink car, dressed in pink. Aronofsky gave her a cameo in the film. You can spot her playing a one-eyed crone in a scene with Crowe.

With the film poised to make headlines in the run-up to its release, Aronofsky says he hopes those who might have expected a certain version of the story will accept that Noah is for them, too. "For people who are very literal-minded, it would be great to communicate that the themes of the film are very much in line with the themes of the Bible -- ideas about hope, second chances and family," he says. "If they allow that, they're going to have an incredible experience with the movie. If they don't allow it, it's theirs to lose."

LOL...ok first of all Son of God is not a new movie...it is the last 3 parts of The Bible miniseries that aired on History Channel last year. If you have not seen this series, WATCH it. As a Catholic, I LOVED it. It was so intriguing seeing how the most epic stories in the Bible were brought to life. Anyway for Noah, this is what I find hysterical-not much is known about Noah, for all we know his name may not even have been Noah. Do I believe a man like Noah existed? YES. I believe that when things were going horribly there was a flood that destroyed man kind and that God does make a pact with Noah (Ark of the Covenant). But how do we know what kind of man Noah was? He could have been this very quiet man or he could have been a man who was like a warrior? We don't know. Either way I am seeing this movie-not just because Emma is in it, although that is good reason :) but because I love the cast and just the effects looks AMAZING.

Actually, Atlantis could have been the real story of Noah and the great flood. I've read most of Edgar Cayce's books,

ie The Sleeping Prophet, and he's seen Atlantis in many psychic readings that he made over the years. The Atlanteans

were very intelligent, and were destroyed for their greed, hatred, and total disgregard for the earth. After the flood, some

of the Atlanteans fled to Egypt, and Cayce advises that they were the ones that designed the great pyramids and Machu Picchu.

http://www.sacredconnections.co.uk/holyland/AtlanteanDiaspora.htm  

Also, there's no mention of Noah having a daughter named Ila. The Bible doesn't mention it either. Where did Aronofsky get

his information from? All that's mentioned is that Noah had a wife, 3 sons, and their wives, which are not named.

The Bible lost me at 8 yrs old, when I found out that the dinosaurs and the timeline didn't match--- by a couple billion years!!! :icontwisted8pz:

Btw, raised in the Presbyterian church.

Also, there's no mention of Noah having a daughter named Ila. The Bible doesn't mention it either. Where did Aronofsky get

his information from? All that's mentioned is that Noah had a wife, 3 sons, and their wives, which are not named.

Shem is Noah's son. Ila is married to Shem.

Every advertisement for this film says Noah's adopted daughter--Ila doesn't appear anywhere but in Aronofskys'story.

There appears to be different names for Shem's wife:

Wife of Shem - Sedeqetelebab,Shem's wife is called "Leah, daughter of Nasih".Patriarch Eutychius of Alexandria, writing in Arabic, also states that Shem's wife was Salit,

Anglo/Saxon-Shem's as Parsia,Modern fiction:Shem's wife Asfene

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2507477/Noah-trailer-shows-Emma-Watson-Russell-Crowes-daughter-Christians-worry-film.html  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wives_aboard_Noah%27s_Ark

The Bible has been rewritten/transcribed into so many languages and throughout time, that IMO, a lot has been lost in translation. How can you trust this, if everyday news, things that

happen like 10 mins ago, are incorrect. Even people that witness the same event, will report things differently. Everybody has a different perception of things.

I get what ya mean SS!!! As for Ila, others are saying she is the wife so that would make her the daughter in law....guess we will have to see...the Atlantis theory was too eerie-very similar to the Ark story! WOW...I mean I am Catholic and honestly there is not much about Noah...like Emma said when you think of this story you think of rainbow, dove, and ark. Of course God's pact with Noah (hence ark of the covenant). It will be interesting to see his take!

The other night I was changing channels, and came across the Bafta's. I heard Stephen Fry, the host

say, "And here's a beautiful actress, who was in HP and soon to be released Noah (and boy could we use

an ark--he was referring to all the flooding in UK). I thought Emma was going to be a presenter, but then

out walks Helen McCrory. I didn't know she was going to be in Noah. She must have a small part. 

Also, at the end of the show, Stephen Fry said that there were great stories nominated this year, but we

would like you the viewers, the one's who go to the movies, to come up with great books or use your imagination

so we can get more great stories to be told. It sounds like they're running out of ideas. That's why we get remakes

of fairy tales, Bible stories, mob/murder, classics like OZ etc. I myself, would like to see more rom/coms and mysteries. 

I would also like to see Emma work with Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp---maybe in a rom/com, which Kate has done before. 

She would have been great in Noah---after all she's had lots of experience with lots of water---LOL!!!

I would also like to see Emma work with Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp---maybe in a rom/com, which Kate has done before. 

She would have been great in Noah---after all she's had lots of experience with lots of water---LOL!!!

You know she does, she filmed in a pool of cold water for Titanic for a long time to get it done so she would have looked great in Noah.