The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I finally saw Noah!

I love that they added in stuff from the book of Enoch that was completely taken out of the bible. That was an interesting perspective!

Now on to Emma, a BRILLIANT performance! I personally think it's her best performance yet

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...post Potter best performance yet!!!!!! The emotions she showed just killed me. As a Catholic, I was disturbed by the events but it shows how really evil humanity can be- their own free will.

The story just flowed like a river, I mean oceans. I loved it all and Emma never made me feel like she's trying to be Ila, she just was Ila.

Agreed!

I was really shocked at how I didn't think I was watching Emma at all.

Well I happen to just watch a movie and I don't cry a bit. Not a crier. Sorry! 

I thought to myself''Damn, where's the popcorn??!'' but couldn't move a milimeter. Jumped in my chair though.

It was truly an emotional roller coaster no question... Worth the buy!!! :) I bought it last week- well it came last week Lol

I wish money wasn't so tight for me right now or I would have bought it on Thursday when it came out 😹

I still need to buy the bling ring 😹

why? :)

Well I did not really like it that much ! I don't think it's a bad movie, just not a movie a really enjoyed. i enjoyed emma's performance, but I'm not into the story (too religious for me), the characters, the special effects... 

Well I did not really like it that much ! I don't think it's a bad movie, just not a movie a really enjoyed. i enjoyed emma's performance, but I'm not into the story (too religious for me), the characters, the special effects... 

thanks for explaining .))

the performances, characters and special effects/visual effects are what pulls a film together and what makes it worthwhile.

Edited by Elena

I found it to be an amazing plot- what was cool was that there is not much at all in the Bible about Noah's Ark so you kind of have to use your imagination :) plus EMMA AND JENNIFER CONNELLY- were AWESOME-these 2 ladies bring mega emotion and a real passion to their roles as Ila and Naameh. The effects were unreal. The men were also wonderful- RC owned Noah...AH I loved and LL his turn as Ham very emotional.

Worth seeing and worth buying! :)

I found it to be an amazing plot- what was cool was that there is not much at all in the Bible about Noah's Ark so you kind of have to use your imagination :) plus EMMA AND JENNIFER CONNELLY- were AWESOME-these 2 ladies bring mega emotion and a real passion to their roles as Ila and Naameh. The effects were unreal. The men were also wonderful- RC owned Noah...AH I loved and LL his turn as Ham very emotional.

Worth seeing and worth buying! :)

Agreed!

• 1 month later...

the performances, characters and special effects/visual effects are what pulls a film together and what makes it worthwhile.

A month later, I was still thinking of you and your interesting response Elena ! 

You see, I actually see what you mean, and understand it. But as I agree that a good movie is the mix of many things (it's the good characters + the good script + the good special effects + ...), there are times when I saw movies with a character well played, but for example a story i didn't like. 

For example, in 'War of the worlds' with Dakota Fanning and Tom Cruise, I didn't like the movie at all, the story, and I hated Tom Cruise's performance, the fact that everyone yells in this film... But I truly enjoyed Dakota Fanning, I thought that as a kid she was convincing, I remember thinking 'wow this kid is great'.

So you see, there are times when you can separate the director's choices about the whole finished product, and each piece of the movie taken out one by one.

Like, in HP 3 PoA : I HATED as everyone to see Dumbledore RUNNING to see what was happening with the Fat Lady's painting. I remember reading an interview of the actor saying : 'Alfonso told me 'no Dumbledor doesn't run' and I said 'Well, now he runs'.'  And I though 'WHAT THE HELL, you messed up a great character because you didn't read the books !!!!' 

Well, in this movie, I hated how Dumbldore was played, but I actually love the movie because of the colorful environment, the details with all the animals, etc...

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...