The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Wasnt a fan of Robin Hood-thought it could have been better...saw it on cable. Never seen Gladiator...plan on seeing all of Emma's (as well as Rupert's) movies in movie theaters. It takes ALOT these days to get me to a theater to watch movies. Unless it has Emma or Rupert in it, I will not see movies in theaters. The only one I will be watching this summer in theaters is Dark Knight sequel. I, like you Jo, am very excited to see the end product of Noah.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, was just reading a inteview with Emma about HPDH II and she complained, that she was "soaked wet" nearly 90% of shooting and that she hate's it to get wet or cold.... I hope, she knows, that "Noah" is not set in a desert during a dry season...... :rolleyes:

Hmmm, was just reading a inteview with Emma about HPDH II and she complained, that she was "soaked wet" nearly 90% of shooting and that she hate's it to get wet or cold.... I hope, she knows, that "Noah" is not set in a desert during a dry season...... :rolleyes:

I'm sure she has read the script. :mellow:

I'm agree with Jonny Carinthia because I'm not a fan of biblical movies/tales.

well just because I have my own belief and it agrees very little with the bible but The with the new information, it sounds a little better. And I wont judge a movie with Emma (or Rupert) without seeing it first, but on the other hand I wont "pretend" to love it either J/B any of them is part of the cast.

Can't wait...

Edited by trixie

Darren Aronofsky is not really known for making "cheesey" films, more 'dark' and 'twisted' I would say.

Obviously it remains to be seen what the end product will look like, but I for one am excited. I wasn't at all excited about Gladiator when I saw the trailer for that, but having watched the movie - i love it.

From Russell Crowe's point, lets hope it's more Gladiator and less Robin Hood :)

Reading the synopsis of the graphic novel it sounded pretty cheesy, especially the premise for Noah himself. But I agree it depends on the director (and the actors) in the end.

Ok in Emma's defense have you ever been both cold and wet??? I play soccer in all weather except thunder/lightning....but we play when it is 50 outside and raining!!! Trust me NOT FUN...50 is chilly but rain too forget about it. I was cold, wet and MISERABLE. I got the worse cold all for a recreational sport. So I cant imagine what it must have been like constantly soaked down in the I am pretty sure A/C buildings. Also, listen to Yates-the three of them almost got hyperthermia from being cold and wet. Anyway, look forward to seeing how this movie plays out.

Ok in Emma's defense have you ever been both cold and wet??? I play soccer in all weather except thunder/lightning....but we play when it is 50 outside and raining!!! Trust me NOT FUN...50 is chilly but rain too forget about it. I was cold, wet and MISERABLE. I got the worse cold all for a recreational sport. So I cant imagine what it must have been like constantly soaked down in the I am pretty sure A/C buildings. Also, listen to Yates-the three of them almost got hyperthermia from being cold and wet. Anyway, look forward to seeing how this movie plays out.

I have.... and definitly more often then Emma (and for less money)...... When on duty on my ship, mainly the old steamer, I have to do my job without shelter. Have you ever driven a ship through a thunderstorm with hail, or through pouring rain for nearly 8 hours? Well, I have no problem with beeing wet and cold, because I like "scotish" weather more then the heatwave, we have currently here with 35+...... :doh:

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Guys stay on topic!

Emma is doing the movie. Clearly, being uncomfortable for a little while is not going to stop her. She is not a diva.

I am super excited for this movie. I think it is really going to be something special. Most of Aronofskys films have been big. I am excited for Emma to do something big and not just the usual small independent films. Aside from HP obviously. Yay!!!

My bad...just annoyed when people infer girls cant handle cold and being wet...anywho, the movie itself sounds like it will be intriguing as the story of Noah is very interesting. I mean for one guy to have built an ark to save his family because of all the bad things in the world that had been happening. Pretty intrigiuing!!

Ok, I stay on topic. It is a wast on time, money and talent and don't tell me, that this film - she is again only in a minor supporting role - will be something special.....

What she needs is a leading role in a movie, proving to the world, that she can carry a movie on her shoulders..... But not such a "cheesy" [© Sacred_path] thing.

I do not really know, why she picked this thing, but reading the synopsis alone is ...... phu (censored).

It was a world without hope, a world with no rain and no crops, dominated by warlords and their barbarian hordes. In this cruel world, Noah was a good man. Seasoned fighter, mage and healer but he only wanted peace for him and his family. Yet every night, Noah was beset by visions of an endless flood, symbolizing the destruction of all life. Gradually he began to understand the message sent him by the Creator. He had decided to punish the men and kill them until the last. But he gave Noah a last chance to preserve life on Earth …

My bad...just annoyed when people infer girls cant handle cold and being wet...anywho, the movie itself sounds like it will be intriguing as the story of Noah is very interesting. I mean for one guy to have built an ark to save his family because of all the bad things in the world that had been happening. Pretty intrigiuing!!

Emma said, that she cannot handle it. I just used one of her quotes......

Johnny. Clearly Emma can handle it since she accepted the role. Secondly you need to be careful with your language. There are a lot of poeple on here who are religious. At the end of the day, the story of Noah is from the bible. Some of your language when discussing the plot is disrespectful to those of us who are religious. This "thing" is called a movie and it is based of the bible. Please be respectful in the future. Thank you.

Oh, you misunderstood me. Sorry for that.

But, taking up your arguments, Aronofsky should be immediatly banned from transfering a story out of the bible in a sort of action movie (warlords/barbarian hords). Because I do not think, that he will stick to the story as she is written in the Holy Bible.

Do you know, f.e., that the Islamic faith forbits movies like this one, because one of the "prophets" is pictured through an actor? In other forums they are discussing this fact also.....

And - it's Jonny without "h" .....

I am sure they are but my point is only that we all need to be careful about the language we use. That's all. Back on topic.

I really hope we get more information about this soon!

I'm sure she has read the script. :mellow:

I'm sure Emma's read the Bible as well. She got several copies sent to her for free years ago after all. :P

I'm sure Emma's read the Bible as well. She got several copies sent to her for free years ago after all. :P

ROFL!!! I remember her saying she got like 20 copies because the people sending them felt she maybe needed guidance. People can be strange thats for sure ;):)

I actually think that I would not be interested in this sort of film. Although that is really irrelevant, because Emma will only continue to work on her performance skills and move out of the Hermione role in a quicker fashion. Whatever decision she makes I am interested in reading more about her roles (upcoming or otherwise....)

This isn't the type of movie I'd usually see. The biblical times kind of bore me to be honest (unless there's music! Jesus Christ Superstar, anyone?). But I do like Aronofsky's work, so we'll see! And it should be a great opportunity for Emma to expand her horizons. :)

Maybe if I can write enough letters I can convince Aronofsky to include some sort of musical number to entice me... ;)