The Emma-Watson.net Forum

After seeing her tweet about being photographed as she landed back home, I feel like we need to leave her be. I dont think any of us would appreciate cameras in our faces. I mean honestly who cares that she or celebrities are traveling? Thats not news, its just intrusive. I really wish people left her alone and just celebrities in general.

She looks sweet and adorable as always of course.

It really is sad the amount of coverage celebrities and high profile public figures get these days over the most trivial things. Would it be cool to see Emma at the airport in person, yeah probably, might even make for a decent story. Do we really need to see pictures of it every time, as well as every time she or any other celebrity go out in public? Not really. I had a guest lecturer (Charles Wiley) last semester who really hammered home the inept nature of America's news reporting. American news outlets have little to no focus on international news and instead focus too much on political bickering and the meaningless "going on's" of celebrities. I'm not saying other countries are entirely innocent in this regard, but the US in particular seems to gravitate towards the minutest details of what's happening to celebrities. I'm personally at the point where I'm sick of it, I don't care about the Kardashians, I don't care about Miley, and I don't care if Emma arrives at an airport. I support her as an actress and role model, but I don't need to follow her every move.

I could probably go on and on because there's so much to explore regarding this subject but I think it's best to just end with that I don't agree with the constant harassment, and that's exactly what this is, of celebrities.

I dont have an applause button so I will just say this Dax: I APPLAUD EVERYTHING you said!!!!!

I honestly have nothing else to add because you said it more eloquently than I ever could.

I'm not following online on anyone as much as Emma, but I do second that, it is really bothering to see

photos taken of her on the street in London or anywhere, or at airports where she HAS TO let them know

they're too close in her face, it is disgusting. I don't care about any other celebrity/actress/singer

as I do for Emma, maybe there will come a day with no such things but sadly that's how it gets down.

Oh and Romanian press learned a lot from UK and US too. Thumb down for them.

You are correct Dax. It's called DISTRACTION, so the 1% can secretly keep control of the 99%, while the banksters/elitists continue their robbing and pillaging of the world. They own the media, so the REAL news never makes the airwaves.

This is why I dont watch the news...it is always about someone on some reality show doing who knows what, violence in my local area, or politicals slamming of each other...

I never hear worldwide news because my news hardly touches on it. I dont care to know about celebrities and their lives. TMZ does that (sick there is now a show that is pretty much a tabloid), tracking down celebrities like animals.

As for Emma yesterday and other times she travels, it disturbs me that the media finds out her itinerary way too often. They cross the line way too many times.

She looked really upset this time, not to mention her tweets.

That said, I hope that in the future we don't have to rely on paps to get information about her private life, she was pretty open in the past and I hope that won't change too much.

She looked really upset this time, not to mention her tweets.

That said, I hope that in the future we don't have to rely on paps to get information about her private life, she was pretty open in the past and I hope that won't change too much.

you want to get info on her private life? wow that sounds 'good'.

It is her biz what she shares about herself and family.

I'm not stalker-ish, what she has said (willingly) in the past was good enough for me. I'm just wondering how she will develop in that regard, she sounded like she wanted to cut down on the information she's giving.

Absolutely.

But the point is though it is none of our (the public or her fans) concern about her private life. We are not paying money to see what they do on their free time-we pay money to see them in movies/tv/sports/etc. Emma should not have to be obligated to share her private life or any other celebrity for that matter. Yesterday seeing her tweet was really crossing the line by the media. Freedom of press takes things way too far when it comes to celebrities. When she tweeted that her mom was run down by 3 men with cameras at arrivals, I mean come on!! Where was security??? Our society is too obsessesed with celebrities. I could care less what Emma is eating, drinking, or buying. Just leave her alone and allow her and other public figures/celebrities to live their lives. No one would want a camera in their face so why the media thinks it's ok to do so just because they're celebrities I dont know. We are not friends or family of these celebrities. I mean why should they share their lives with us? I am a teacher and in a way we are "public figures" in our own right. Do you think we share our lives with the students' parents?? Of course not!!! We won't even give out personal phone numbers or emails when they ask (yes they do ask).

We are not friends or family of these celebrities. I mean why should they share their lives with us?

I wouldn't follow her career if she didn't come across as a genuinely lovable person. I'm not following any other celebrities even though I might enjoy their acting/ music/ whatever. So it's kind of naive to say that private information has no bearing on how celebrities are perceived.

That said I'm upset myself when I see pictures like those of her at Heathrow where it's obvious that she's uncomfortable with the paps.

I always wondered how the heck do they know where they are? How do they know like when Emma goes or returns?

I believe the paparazzi basically camp out at the major airports, just waiting for celebrities. If there was a small regional airport Emma could fly out of instead of Heathrow, she'd probably be able to sneak in and out.

We are not friends or family of these celebrities. I mean why should they share their lives with us? I am a teacher and in a way we are "public figures" in our own right. Do you think we share our lives with the students' parents?? Of course not!!! We won't even give out personal phone numbers or emails when they ask (yes they do ask).

To be honest a huge part of a celeb's fame nowadays is not just their job, whatever that is, but also to constantly be on the spotlight. A celeb's communication with their fans or the press is a real important part of their job. Aside from that most of them, I think Emma as well, like to have a bond with their fans. She likes to be friendly and to share stuff. If she didn't like it, she wouldn't even have twitter or FB. She'd only have her official site, being run completely by someone else.

Haha I have the same problem, every single kid I used to tutor always wanted my personal phone or to add me on FB. lol no way. :P

That being said, Emma is always lovely and polite, always with a smile on her face and I could never understand how much patience she has. But sometimes enough is enough. If it was me I'd be in jail or something lol. I mean paparazzis nowadays are just so out of line. I mean how Emma looks arriving on an airport is that big of a story?

I believe what he/she meant was that we know a lot of Emma's private life by information or pictures she gives us, she shares with us, whether it's on her official site, her facebook or her twitter.She sets her own boundaries. And personally I wouldn't like this to change because she shows her trust with us and she considers us a part of her life and it's always better learning stuff by the celebs themselves rather than the paparazzi by force.

Edited by Nekyia

I get what you are saying...thats what I should have said-Emma sets the boundaries of what we know of her life, not the media. So yes she does share some info on her private life, stuff she feels ok sharing like some other celebs will. Where I draw the line is the paps hounding her every move or the media making up stories.

LOL So ya know what I mean about students ;) yeah FB is a big nooooo from me to them.

Edited by cbmac12

Poor Emma and her mom for that matter! Her tweet was funny but at the same time so sad! I wish she could simply fly home without being bothered! It just makes me feel so bad. Personally, I would hate going out in public if I were famous. Always worried about paparazzi. It's crazy.

I believe the paparazzi basically camp out at the major airports, just waiting for celebrities. If there was a small regional airport Emma could fly out of instead of Heathrow, she'd probably be able to sneak in and out.

wow, camping....how lame. now it makes sense:)

I believe what he/she meant was that we know a lot of Emma's private life by information or pictures she gives us, she shares with us, whether it's on her official site, her facebook or her twitter.She sets her own boundaries. And personally I wouldn't like this to change because she shows her trust with us and she considers us a part of her life and it's always better learning stuff by the celebs themselves rather than the paparazzi by force.

yeah but to me it sounded so wrong, and you know how there's a few ones obsessed for every private photo etc.

If she wouldn't share much, it wouldn't bother me though, as I'm not curious in the slightest of her life

just the work. I'm not kiling him/her I understand their point of view.

She did talk about her parents, extended family, and other things, I respect that- it takes courage to do it,

especially in her world.

wow, camping....how lame. now it makes sense:)

Well, I didn't literally mean camping, like with a tent ;)

At least I don't think they do. But they hang out for hours just waiting for some celebrity to come by. It's not like they have anything better to do.

The thing that you should realize though, is that the paps only do this because they know it will make money. Because people apparently want to see those pictures for some reason. If everyone would just stop caring that Emma or any other celebrity comes out of a plane the paps would be out of a job.

Now, this is pretty unrealistic of course, there will always be people who want to see those kind of pictures and they are not monsters for wanting to see those. Although I do think that the paps go to far sometimes. I once saw this video of Britney Spears where the paps were almost right into her face taking pictures while she was shopping...it was ridiculous...

The sad part is you are right...I think we as a public need to stop buying tabloids-it's nothing but junk. I just wish there could be a law implemented on the papparazzi preventing them from hounding celebrities when they are out in public. The way they get in their faces like you described with Britney Spears or a few months ago when Emma was walking is just so unfair and ridiculous. Maybe someday it will happen where celebrities will be left alone.

I think that somebody that works for the airlines, tips off the paparazzi as to what gate she will be

arriving at. My sister-in-law was a flight attendant, and she said the gates change all the time, and most

times they don't know until the last minute, which gate they will pull into. She also told me

that it is strictly forbidden to give out any info as to the passenger manifest.

They can't camp at the gates or inside the airport, as it's past the security checkpoints.

Or, they might be doing this:

I recently read that Dan also has big problems at the airports. He said just about everytime he gets off

a plane, there's several fans that are waiting at the gate to get his autograph. He found out that the fans are

purchasing airline tickets, going through security, and wait for him at his gate. Several fans have told

him--"you HAVE TO give me your autograph, because I bought an airline ticket"!! :angry: They think because they purchased an airline ticket, that gives them the right to demand

an autograph. :icontwisted8pz: After they get the autograph, they get a REFUND on their airline tickets. Now that's

just really sad.

I think we could help Emma/Rupert/Dan etc, by not reblogging or reposting the paparazzi's pics--everytime those pics are shown,

it gives the paparazzi cred. If we IGNORE those pics--they'll be out of a ummm..a so called job. They feed off their

persona/celebrity, and they depend on the fans to spread those pics all over the internet--and sadly, they'll be waiting

for her next flight, her next stroll down the street, her next stop @ Starbucks................

that's what I meant indeed. Right now I think pap coverage of Emma is underwhelming because of all the stuff we already know about her, that she shared in the past. I hope it stays that way