The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Kind of a reintroduction?

Hi there! I thought since I've posted a few times I should go down the old introduction route again! My name is Ling and I used to be called loopygurl on this forum. I believe I stopped posting around the time the forum switched over and everyone needed to re-register... it was a busy time so I didn't get a chance to make a new account. Such is life!

I came back when Jo posted about suggestions for Emma's site because that's the kind of stuff I do as a career now. I work at a marketing agency mainly in the web department. I do a lot of design, development (coding/programming) and social media. I also dabble in print graphic design and creative marketing strategy and branding. So I'm kind of all over the board in that regard, which is an asset.

When I'm not busy being extremely nerdy I love to bake, read sociological speculative science fiction, write (I've been a blogger for about 12 years and also dabble in some technical writing), order really cute dresses of modcloth.com (it is a problem! My poor credit card!) and hang out with friends. I'm super lucky because I get the opportunity to attend a lot of really fun and interesting events and meet really great people!

Oh and I love travelling. I live in Canada so most of my journeys take me around my beautiful country. But, I visited England in February and sort of toured around London (actually had a near run in with Emma, but was too preoccupied with my awful decision to run around the UK in 6in wedge heels, so when my friend texted me that she saw Emma at a cafe near my hotel I opted for soaking my poor feet in a bathtub and drinking a Costa latte from a machine in the lobby instead. Sensible footwear is important guys. The UK has too many cobblestones.), Newcastle (where my family is from!) and various places in the midlands (where I have friends) and FELL IN LOVE. Now I'm in the process of figuring out the logistics of going over there to work and live for a few years! I am the type of person who feels like all humans have in life is time, and I want to use my time doing what I love. :D

So yes, that's me! I'm excited to be back. :D

Hey Ling, I'm Elena. Welcome back!

I'm a newbie in all that, marketing, web marketing, and graphic design, because I'll be hired next week at a craft store and a web marketing firm(they offer consulting services to other firms), so It's exciting! Now I know whom to ask for advice right here! hehe:) I love my Photoshop cs5 so much, I did some digital painting as well, I'm trying to get better at it, make photo realistic stuff. I can't wait to be busy brainstorming.

I'm glad peeps come back to this forum, it's one of the nicest I've seen! It's fun to be a member.

Edited by helen2U
  • 8 months later...