The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I Will Not Be Matched

No idea what this is. I'm trying to get into the motion of editing my old novels and decided to write a prolouge? If you wish it. I haven't really recapped this little piece of text, I had written it in the space of 5 minutes. Little silly banner.

October 24th, 2034

What does your life come to when your vengeance is your only hope to survive? When killing your own kind is not only forbidden but also impossible. You could call it a law if you wish, but I call it a curse. I’m stuck in this contagious vicious form for all eternity and it’s near impossible to kill my maker. The corpses pile up before me every evening and though I hate the creature I have become, the thirst for the thick iron substance is more powerful. Every human fears me through myth, but I’ll let you in on a secret… I walk in the day, silver does not pierce my skin and garlic does not impair my senses. A lot of humans are under the impression that our throats burn because of the thirst. However, they do not burn because of the thirst. Our bodies act on impulse and those weak mortal creatures happen to be the victim of our impulses. In this day and age the human population currently stands at a quarter of my population. Obviously, the humans know so little until they’re the ones that are fed upon and bled dry or until they’re turned.

My name is Alexander the great and though my canines are laced with blood, I am a victorious vampire hunter and I will spend an eternity hunting my maker.

oh you just gave me my muse back... please write more.. it could be the cure im looking for..i mean it :)

Thank you!

Alas, by request I have decided to turn this little piece of text into a ficlet. I won't call it a fan-fiction because it won't be very long and it is entirely my own creation. A ficlet is usually one chapter long but this will be at a minimum of 5 chapters and a maximum of 10. I haven't decided. I am producing this ficlet in the style of journal entries.

Thank You.

November 16th, 2034

When I was human I despised the human race with a burning passion. I hated every single one, even my family. Now I’m a vampire those emotions are intensified and I now realize that although they are weak they possess a vital part in the food chain. They have been driven out of their homes and killed in the matter of weeks. South Africa, Australia and New Orleans were ambushed by vampire’s who are now running slave labour camps using humans. These humans are forced to see to their every need, even if it was to hunt down another human, hang them upside down, slit their throats and bleed them dry. They’d do it. Not because of compulsion but because they live in fear of death themselves. However, Spain is ruled by vampires who lead rural camps. They deal with humans who beg for an eternity of hell. They will not be turned unless they gain something of value in return, which is rare. The earth falls apart before us.

Pushing my way through a brawl that I had accidentally started; I notice my maker pushing his way through the crowd on the opposite side of the room with little to no effort and take his exit out of the bar. I follow almost reluctantly not knowing what will happen next. As I exit myself I notice as the cold air whips over my ice bitten face that the street is empty. It’s dark and though I cannot sweat my hands feel clammy. Another breeze takes its presence in whipping past and that’s when I smell it… my makers scent. Without thinking I follow the scent until I’m stuck on a harbour. There is too much salt in the area and it starts to cloud my judgement. Either he’s scorned me into a corner or misled me and taken his leave. Either way if I was to track him down now I’d need to start from scratch.

‘You will never give up, will you?’ His voice shoots me like knives from behind. How had I not sensed him? No one can out smart me, never. Not once has this ever happened. ‘You look puzzled my dear friend.’

‘I am far from being your friend.’ I sourly reply.

It bothers me that he stands there studying me for an excruciating five minutes. What is his game? I rely on my own judgement and assume he is making his plans on how he is going to attack. He takes a few steps forward and stops once more. I do not move. I just stand and watch his actions. To a human it would have been missed but in less than one second a dagger flies straight at my head and without moving my feet I move my head and the dagger slides right by my head. I take notice that the dagger hits the surface of the water and starts to sink. Too soon does he fly at me himself and wretches open his mouth to seize my throat. I hit him sharp in the chest and he flies over me and crashes through the wooden harbour and into the water. He shoots back up to take his second blow and successfully hits me in the face knocking me back into the fence surrounding the harbour.

‘Your movements are judged.’ He scorns.

‘As are yours, in fact…’ He reaches for my arm and I spin to the opposite side of him, ‘Far too easily.’ I finish just before I stomp my foot down into the back of his leg. The crack impairs him as his cry pierces the air. He drops to the floor with a crash and flips over to his front. His canines bared and his eyes scream one thing and one thing only, hunger.

‘You know being a vampire,’ He takes his leg into his hands and studies it, ‘I can heal this in oh say what 15 seconds?’ He looks up at me as I stand in my protective stance. ‘In those 15 seconds I can ultimately plan my next move, repair my leg, break both of yours and snap your neck. I may not be able to kill you but I can still beat you to within one inch of your pathetic little life.’ His smile is all too playful. ‘Oh look at that, your time is up.’

His leg snaps back into place and before I knew it a pain shot through both of my legs and made its way up through my body. It soared through my veins and my head pounded. I fell to the floor in agony. He’d done exactly what he said he would and all within the fifteen seconds of his speech. Lying on the hard wooden floor I looked up at him.

‘I may not be able to kill you so go ahead and relinquish your soul but mark my words, next time you won’t be so lucky.’ And with that he snapped my neck.

Edited by Elena Gilbert

This may be weak. I'm so ill.

December 24th, 2034

I’ve spent three weeks doing training. As weird as it seems I practice with nature. I fight with trees and hunt down animals, to practice my combat and tracking skills. Obviously, I don’t work so I can spend all day training. If I ever need money I usually take from those I slaughter, but even then it’s only a couple of pound here and there. I sleep on the top floor of the flat. Reason being that with no lift and only stairs to climb it’s rare I get visitors and where else would I store the bodies until I can bury them?

Walking through the local high street around 6:00pm I see a couple arguing over petty things. I take notice of the wallet in his back pocket. Being a vampire I can slip by without being noticed. I appear to be walking behind the couple and with a slip of my hand I take his wallet and disappear down a side road.

I open the wallet up and take a look inside. There’s a picture of a little boy in the picture holder and about seven or eight different cards. I check the back and find £200. I am set at ease this will do nicely for the rent I am due. Lastly, I check the coin slot and I find it is empty except for a little piece of paper. On the piece of paper there is a logo. I know this logo; it is the logo of the Vampire aid in Spain. Was that man hoping to be turned? What did he have to give? I imagine it is very little now I have taken his possessions. I know I have to hunt this man back down and ask him how he is involved.

‘Stop fighting for yourself and fight for a cause!’ A tough voice sounds from above and this is no stranger. I put the piece of paper away in my pocket and throw the wallet into a nearby dust bin. I have no use for it now.

‘Enlighten me, like what?’ I smile.

‘Like the human race.’ The figure replies dropping in front of me, still keeping to the shadows, but I know this voice like the back of my hand. Though he sounds severe I make a point of being amused.

‘That is a lost cause.’

‘It is not a lost cause brother! Think about it. Their population currently stands at a quarter of hours. The bodies mount up by the minute and once they’re wiped out what will we survive on?’ Though he made an extreme valid point I had to differ. The longer the conversation went on the more he started to growl when shouting at me. His voice was growing more and more out of human tone and into a deep demon growl.

‘I’d happily die at the hands of a human.’

‘Don’t be so liable! If we can persuade half of our kind to drink from blood banks instead, for what a year, the human race will be able to re-spawn.’ Once again he has a valid point. He always did enjoy getting straight to the point.

‘How do we do that, using a brute force? You forget we cannot touch our own kind if we have means to kill them.’ I reply.

‘And you forget where your loyalties lie. Stop thinking about your revenge and think about my offer. I’ll meet you in this very spot tomorrow evening. You better give me the answer I want or so help me dear brother… you will be marked.’ And with that he vanished into the night.

Edited by Elena Gilbert
  • 2 weeks later...

jade can I have the whole story when you're done? I'd love to have it, so I can read it when I'm not here online as well.

you could make a graphic to go with it, if you have time, just like a e-book(my idea came when I was posting my opinion in THE UNSEEN by snow white).

jade can I have the whole story when you're done? I'd love to have it, so I can read it when I'm not here online as well.

you could make a graphic to go with it, if you have time, just like a e-book(my idea came when I was posting my opinion in THE UNSEEN by snow white).

Yeah sure, but it wouldn't be a book per say. The chapters are pages too small. xD

Yeah sure, but it wouldn't be a book per say. The chapters are pages too small. xD

coz i LOVE WHAT U WROTE! I'll make the pdf when you're done, just make a graphic for it, you can do that allrighty? :D