The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma at Madame Toussauds

So, a summary: the modern forensic science makes it possible to turn gnawed skulls into perfect facial reconstructions. Computers makes it possible to reproduce perfect faces - and what the hell is this?

You've been watching too much CSI Jonny ;)

Reconstructing the soft tissue of the face - in a way that reflects the look of the original - is still close to impossible. There are prominent examples of where that technology proved of little use just recently.

But speaking of Emma... it's really not that bad. You've been going on about Marcia Cross, well, when they have the same hairdo there IS kind of a resemblance between the two IRL.

Edited by Sacred_Path
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The artist only had pictures and videos as a reference. He basically had to guess what her facial dimensions were.

They didn't have any scientific data to work with. 

Since they were basically winging it, a passing resemblance is at least commendable. 

You've been watching too much CSI Jonny ;)

Reconstructing the soft tissue of the face - in a way that reflects the look of the original - is still close to impossible. There are prominent examples of where that technology proved of little use just recently.

But speaking of Emma... it's really not that bad. You've been going on about Marcia Cross, well, when they have the same hairdo there IS kind of a resemblance between the two IRL.

Although I love Gil Grissom and his unemotional way to solve cases (after he left the team, the series deteriorated), it was in fact a highly aclaimed documentary by the BBC, which gave me the idea.... :huh:

And Stoertebecker - well, they managed it that his skull was stolen from the museum in Hamburg - who know's which skull they used for re-facing???

And speaking of Emma - I really prefer the real thing.... this  waxi-Emmi is....... money-saving. Because I have no need to go to MT next time I am in London.....

And Stoertebecker - well, they managed it that his skull was stolen from the museum in Hamburg - who know's which skull they used for re-facing???

My point was that, whoever that skull really belonged to, it's less than safe to say he really looked like the reconstruction IRL.

And speaking of Emma - I really prefer the real thing.... this  waxi-Emmi is....... money-saving. Because I have no need to go to MT next time I am in London.....

Eh, who doesn't (prefer the real Emma)? :D I also have no desire to go there again just to see that figure. But I think they have made real advances. The Hitler figure for example looks like any middle-aged man, completely unrecognizable if it wasn't for some uhm... insignia ;)

oh my. it doesn't really look like her form some angles. 

Agreed. She looks kinda way older in one or two :/ But as others have mentioned already, it is not that bad of a job to be honest, since all they had were some pics and vids.

Anyways Emma is so beautiful, that even her wax figure couldn't go wrong. :D

The Runner you are right. Maybe in Some years he can bee Bond ore he can come into a Bond movie^^

But in my opinion the face is not right. His cheeks with these stong winkles look wrong. He reminds me a litte bit of Phil Collins like that^^

And there is a figur of Emma Watson at madame Toussous now, isn´t it? I thougt i read something about it here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...