1 reply to this topic

#1 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hey all,

Apologies if this is a topic somewhere in the "Help Desk" forum, though I'm pretty sure I double-checked prior to making a duplicate thread.

I recently received a new laptop and started using the Forum on my laptop. The browser I use is Internet Explorer 9 (Update 9.0.8) [no jokes, please lol]. I didn't like my previous experiences on Firefox or Chrome (though, I'm talking a few years ago...haven't tried since).

Anyway, when I go to a friend's profile and type a comment, then press "submit" it will submit duplicate (double) comments to the person's profile (and possibly send the person two notifications as well). I know some others have had issues like this. I find it quite annoying.

I'm not sure if this happens because IE9 has "Compatibility View" which is described as the following: "Websites designed for older browsers will often look better, and problems such as out-of-place menus, images, or text will be corrected." I've tried turning "Compatibility View" off to see if this was the problem causing the comment problem. When I did that, I would attempt to open the menu on the upper-right-hand side (where the profile name appears) and the menu would blink out of view.

I can't figure out what would cause the double-commenting and how to rectify the issue. Does anyone know?
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#2 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

I don't know what causes this either. There have been a couple people that complained about it in the past. IE seemed to be a common factor. One person solved it by updating IE, but I guess you are at the latest? My only other suggestion is clearing cache and cookies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users