The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson and 50 Shades of Grey? Seriously?

Nailbiting stuff. Does Emma urgently need to shove her butt into some camera to be taken seriously as an actress? Does her young audience (like us here) need to be protected from seeing said butt? Will Emma turn down this role, but play in a sequel where she's running around with a huge strap-on, and bones such diverse people as ex lovers, a Warner Bros CEO and Mike Newell?

Film at 11 (maybe not).

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know she's said in interviews that she's willing to do nudity for the right part.

But does that mean that if her next 5 or 10 films don't involve nudity, she won't be taken seriously or get the recognition that she would otherwise deserve? I don't think so.

I don't think if she turns down a role that involves nudity it's because she's scared or uncomfortable.

She has also said in interviews that she's interested in working with directors that she admires, and scripts that have fascinating characters.

If she turns down a role, I think it would make more sense that those factors would be most important to her, instead of any visceral emotional reaction to what she might have to do with role physically.

sensual scenes do it almost all the actresses and Emma has already do it(horror picture show and the 60% of her role in the bling ring dancing the half of the film on clubs and dancing with a gun to her boyfriend) that are sensual scenes almost every actresses do. what you nasty mind wants is this

And Elena - I do not think, that Emma will have a great career, when she is not willing to play nude sceens. Tell me one great femal Hollywood-star of the last 20 years who was not nude (exept the white shark, E.T., and the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park)

in your words, i guess that the 4 "actresses"(if i can call them actresses) on spring breaks deserve a long and great carrer because they are in bikini all the film

ps:thats right roberto i dont remember. She said i wont get naked just because they say i have to, if the film and the script i feel is good i could do it

Edited by Adebisi

But does that mean that if her next 5 or 10 films don't involve nudity, she won't be taken seriously or get the recognition that she would otherwise deserve? I don't think so.

No, but she will stuck in the "Schoolgirl - fairytale" - mode she is already in. I mean, are there any "grown up" offers we know? Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella - fairytales. Noah, Bling Ring, Perks, even MwwM - schoolgirls (not counting Hermione and the awful "End of the world").  Maybe she can do some remakes of Wizzard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, Sound of Music or tv-series like Flipper or Lassie......, but is this really what she want's to achive in her career?

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

From Elle Spain: "I told my people that I wanted to work with Sofia, and she was just preparing " The Bling Ring". Everything fit perfectly. The truth is that I do not see specific roles, I want to work with certain directors, people who have conviction, who want to create something new, and I want to be part of that creative project"

From Elle Russia: What directors do you want to work with? 

"Paul Thomas Anderson, Danny Boyle, David Fincher, Baz Luhrmann. I have ambitious plans."

Doesn't seem like schoolgirl and fairy tale movies to me.

"Paul Thomas Anderson, Danny Boyle, David Fincher, Baz Luhrmann. I have ambitious plans."

And you really think that these directors will eliminate everything from their possible scripts and projects, what Ms. Watson makes uncomfortable, just to work with her? I think she would have to do everything the directors want that she could work with them....... :huh:

Just because she's said that scenes in the past were uncomfortable for her to shoot, doesn't mean that she would turn down or demand changes to a role that had parts that might be uncomfortable. 

She did scenes with Sofia that were different, and I'm sure uncomfortable, for her, but she knew that ahead of time and accepted anyway.

Nothing in her past suggests she would ever demand to change a scene that she was uncomfortable with.

If she agrees to work with one of those directors, and there is nudity involved, she will most likely do it. Please provide any evidence that suggests anything otherwise.

If she agrees to work with one of those directors, and there is nudity involved, she will most likely do it. Please provide any evidence that suggests anything otherwise.

How about providing evidence when you make such a claim?

She felt uncomfortable when doing Rocky Horror, and she felt it was awkward to make Logan feel her (clothed) breasts. Nothing suggests that if one of her favorite directors asked her to, she would drop her panties w/o hesitation.

Which is why this is a lot of drama with no substance because everyone speculates wildly.

"I might be willing to take my clothes off for a Bernardo Bertolucci film, if it was a part that really made sense as part of my character. But I wouldn’t do it just to make a point, to move on from Hermione. I’d hate to be so tactical. I’m not just getting my kit off for anyone."

That is literally what she's suggesting.

"I might be willing to take my clothes off for a Bernardo Bertolucci film, if it was a part that really made sense as part of my character. But I wouldn’t do it just to make a point, to move on from Hermione. I’d hate to be so tactical. I’m not just getting my kit off for anyone."

you'll notice that she relativates the boldness of the first sentence ("I would get naked for this guy!") immediately by saying "I'll do it if it makes sense [for the role]". Which is what she's always been saying, which is also a very comfortable thing to say because no one can call her out on it and it makes you sound very serious about your art.

In any case, the question isn't if she'll drop her undies, or in what framework that happens. The question is if she's being offered, and willing to take on, grittier roles. If not, she'll soon be relegated to the life of a "feelgood" actress. Perfect for rom-coms. Which would be a horrible waste of her talent and an insult to her intelligence I'd say.

Edited by Sacred_Path

If she works with any of those directors she mentioned, then that will definitely not be a problem. She's always looking to push the boundaries of what she thinks she's capable of. 

I'm just saying that she can be in movies that are directed by those people she mentioned, and those movies don't necessarily have to involve nudity.

They could, and if they did, I don't think she would outright refuse to do the role just on the sole basis of that alone. 

But if they just happen to not involve nudity, she's not going to be stuck with a different image because of it.

If she works with any of those directors she mentioned, then that will definitely not be a problem. She's always looking to push the boundaries of what she thinks she's capable of.

Granted, allegedly, some things that she had to do for Perks pushed her out of her comfort zone. Same for Bling Ring (pole dancing, oh my). It seems a bit like baby steps to me though (which may be unfair as I'm old and grumpy and she's still in a learning phase).

Oh, give me a break! 

If all of the top paid actors left the business because they were filthy rich, we would have no new movies. Actors act, because they like to act.

And if Emma passed on this role, it's not because of the nudity. Have some respect for Emma and her choice, rather than just thinking about her slutting it up in a film. If she wanted to do that, she would do it...that is clearly not her. Emma has some class, people. 

Emma's confirmed she won't be doing Fifty Shades of Grey, so that's the end of this story hopefully. It's funny how her answer was similar to this topic's title. She probably was sick of this rumor and the drama surrounding it

Emma's confirmed she won't be doing Fifty Shades of Grey, so that's the end of this story hopefully. It's funny how her answer was similar to this topic's title. She probably was sick of this rumor and the drama surrounding it

This is not the end.... wait. I bet, there is something coming up. But not without director and a script.....

This is not the end.... wait. I bet, there is something coming up. But not without director and a script.....

A director or a script won't change anything. It's quite obvious from what Emma said and her tone that she wants nothing to do with this film.

A director or a script won't change anything. It's quite obvious from what Emma said and her tone that she wants nothing to do with this film.

I will not argue with you. Time is the mother of truth. Let's leave it there......

I think your fantasies about seeing Emma naked are blinding you to reality.

Your assumption is impolite, arrogant and rude. Did not expect something like this from you, really.......

But as I said: I do not want to argue with you. I say only: pole dancing......