Photo

Emma Watson and 50 Shades of Grey? Seriously?

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#21 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

She could stop all that rumor with a simple, short tweet. A word fom Emma herself and the case would be clear.... So, I think sometimes, theses "rumors" are definitly part of the game for stars, beeing recogniced by the media (and fans, look at this thread)..... <_<

Edited by Jonny Carinthia, 24 July 2012 - 06:23 PM.

"Benutze es!" = "Use it!"

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#22 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

She could stop all that rumor with a simple, short tweet. A word fom Emma herself and the case would be clear.... So, I think sometimes, theses "rumors" are definitly part of the game for stars, beeing recogniced by the media (and fans, look at this thread)..... <_<

Well, duh. But it's also very possible that Emma just didn't care to address unfounded rumours. Like she addressed pink dog stuff because there were photos of her with a pink dog, but in this case the ENTIRE bit of casting ANYONE for this part is up for speculation... there's literally been no announcement. And if she had to tweet about everyone speculating what she'd be in we could be here all day reading useless information like that. :P

#23 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

There are rumours about Emma all the time, and she'd probably get tired of saying no that's not true, no, that's not true. I think the difference with the pink dog is that the story was affecting someone else, and something they had done for a good cause.

#24 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Well, let's be the advocatus diaboli: as I said, I think, it's a way to stay in the media. After ten pages of google about Emma and Shades of grey I suspect, that these sorts or "rumor" are a important part of PR (not only for her). The fact, that she never talks about anything is not new; we have cope with that.......

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#25 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Mood::excited by tangents ô.Ô
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

Seems the producers themselves denied it, which should be as good as a statement from Emma.

"Ok, well, the 'hot bod' is not a characteristic."

#26 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Seems the producers themselves denied it, which should be as good as a statement from Emma.

No, they just said, they have not made a decision yet, because they need first a writer and a director.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia, 25 July 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#27 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Yeah I read a bit about it last night, and the producers don't even have a writer or director yet, so they're obviously not even close to casting! On the other hand, since they haven't approached anyone for the role, they still COULD approach Emma, and we could go through all of this over again! :P

Well, let's be the advocatus diaboli: as I said, I think, it's a way to stay in the media. After ten pages of google about Emma and Shades of grey I suspect, that these sorts or "rumor" are a important part of PR (not only for her). The fact, that she never talks about anything is not new; we have cope with that.......

Or, you know, she could have been on vacation in the US and Canada and not CARE about answering rumours during that time. :rolleyes: Like dook said, it's impractical to address every rumour. And people in the industry probably knew that the producers weren't even ready to cast, hence there actually being NOTHING to confirm or deny, because Emma could very well still be approached for the role, she just hasn't been because they haven't even started casting.

For the millionth time, Emma doesn't owe you anything...

#28 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

For the millionth time, Emma doesn't owe you anything...

You can jump up and down like Rumpelstilzchen (sorry, for you maybe Rumpelstilzkin), I will not change my way to say, what I think.... <_<

Or, you know, she could have been on vacation in the US and Canada and not CARE about answering rumours during that time

Yes, I forgot, she is working sooo hard, no time to communicate with her fans.... <_< <_<

Edited by Jonny Carinthia, 25 July 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#29 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

I wouldn't consider you to be a fan at all. You're super disrespectful to Emma.

#30 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Sorry, ling, but in this forum only Jo. knows, why I in a special way be one of her greatest fans...
Sorry for beeing sometimes a little bit provokative... It's my gemini-nature, I fear......

#31 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

If being super judgmental of someone and writing fanfiction that borders on creepy and offensive makes someone a "great" fan, then I don't want to be a fan of anybody. The way you treat Emma isn't even the way I'd treat actors and musicians that I've met/worked with that I DON'T like. It's no way to treat anybody and it makes me sad.

To quote a novel that I really enjoy, "What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person."

#32 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Amen

#33 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Ling is correct, jonny, you can be at times very insulting towards Emma. I dont understand the obsession of wanting to see what she does 24/7 or even her having to dispel any rumors or comments on her twitter. First off, have you noticed that Emma is not like other celebrities-she doesnt use the twitter as her personal texting grounds. I mean I have seen celebrities tweet about them sitting and having a cup of coffee-I mean really who cares? Without twitter, we wouldnt know either way about things. This is why I think twitter is more a hindrance than a help, in my opinion.

When I am on vacation, the LAST thing I want to do is tweet (yes I have twitter-have yet to tweet anything LOL), do my FB (again hardly on this), or be on forums. I want to relax!!! :) It drives me crazy when my friends are on FB when we are down on the beach and they have their ipads- I mean really! LOL

Agree that the only reason she tweeted about the pink dog was because she knew that some people would be all riled up about that and then take away from what her friend started out doing in the first place (like dook said), which is raising money for breast cancer awareness...

Anyway I see we are way off topic LOL sorry guys!! Sounds like the resounding replies on other forums, websites are relieved that Emma wont be associated with this movie. I still dont get how on earth they will make a movie about this.
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#34 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Mood::excited by tangents ô.Ô
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

No, they just said, they have not made a decision yet, because they need first a writer and a director.

And that's all you can ask for realistically. Unless you want Emma to list beforehand all the movies in which she wouldn't participate.

"Ok, well, the 'hot bod' is not a characteristic."

#35 ShipOfFools

ShipOfFools

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

What kind of book is it?

I personally don't know, as I tend to read mostly sci-fi, horror, and mystery novels. So I haven't a clue.

"Actually I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." - Hermoine Granger

#36 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

What kind of book is it?

It is a highly erotic book, mainly about BDSM..... I will not write a explanation for "BDSM" here, so please google or use Wiki......
If Emma would appear in this movie, she would throw her "Hermione"-Image away forever.... But everything is only rumor, nothing is definitly said.....

#37 KS987

KS987

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

Even though it was already debunked, Emma herself confirms that, once again, the rumors are false:

http://insidemovies....of-gray-rumors/
Emma Watson: The Britsh Beauty.
Qq1N2U.jpg TigerBengal1.jpg

#38 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Sorry, ling, but in this forum only Jo. knows, why I in a special way be one of her greatest fans...
Sorry for beeing sometimes a little bit provokative... It's my gemini-nature, I fear......

well I'm a gemini too with a very gemini nature and I wouldn't be offensive and disrespectful towards my favorite actress. Nor an online stalker. Just a follower. Quite Different.

Edited by helen2U, 31 July 2012 - 04:55 AM.

sw70v4.jpg

#39 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

@helen2U: you have no idea...... And calling somebody, asking questions, a stalker, is really heavy. Do you always accept everything without asking questions? But the discussion is usless and this thread is not the right place for it. Last to that.

#40 Jo.

Jo.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

Your reason for becoming a fan of Emma doesn't make you a "greatest fan" (whatever that is anyway). Everyone here has their own reason for liking Emma, no one reason makes any fan more special than the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users