#1 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:48 AM

This is random, but I was on Tumblr and someone posted about Emma leaving Toronto today... the funny thing being that I follow Sophie Sumner on Twitter (followed her because she was visiting my city and I met her randomly, and we discussed things to do in the city on Twitter) and she had tweeted something about seeing Batman a few days ago... a few hours after Emma had tweeted about seeing Batman. So, I don't know, it crossed my mind that maybe they were both in Toronto, but I live across the country so no big deal to me.

But yes, I guess she was in Toronto, hanging out with friends, which is cool except I find Toronto to be one of the most boring places on Earth. :P

Mainly I'm just a REALLY enthusiastic Canadian (having lived in so many different parts of Canada) so I like when people visit and being helpful (hence adding randoms to Twitter when they visit Calgary haha, I'm such a nerd), so I thought it was cool that she visited here and I hope she had a nice time (and since there are hardly any pics of her floating around, I imagine she had some anonymity in TDot which is nice). AND YAY CANADA!!!!

Oh and the photo is here. It's a fan pic, so I guess it doesn't count as personal?

#2 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

That is very cool! I hope she had fun there. Fan pictures are fine.

#3 Jo.

Jo.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Thats cool :yesyes: it's a shame you didn't see Emma when you bumped into Sophie.

I wonder if this was the 'fan' encounter that led her to to say on Twitter that she still gets shy around people that recognise her. :)

#4 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yeah I don't think Emma was in Calgary (it's 3000km from Toronto). Sophie was here because we had a huge celebration for the 100th anniversary of our rodeo/exhibition. So she was doing stuff like touring around and hanging out with the "ultimate interns" playing on the longest zipline in Canada and stuff. :P But that was in the middle of July, I think she then travelled out to the coast and then back East.

Sophie's super lovely, but I'd probably be too shy to approach Emma. When I was doing some frantic souvenir shopping the night before I left London I heard she was nearby, so I thought about what I'd do if I saw her, and I pretty much settled on "be super shy and back away slowly." :rolleye0012: You'd think in a career where I have to talk to people I wouldn't be so afraid of approaching people, but it's like I have an on/off switch for work! WorkLing is super animated and bubbly and confident and NormalLing is a little more shy and reserved and self conscious. :P

#5 mischief.managed

mischief.managed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Mood::It's obnoxious to complain, so I can't complain!
  • LocationMt. Crumpet (or Kutztown, PA)

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'm originally from Toronto (don't live there anymore though) and to know that Emma was there visiting is pretty cool! :D Great pic, too. I hope she had a lovely time there.

you don't have to feel safe
Posted Image
to feel unafraid . . .

"And above all these put on love,
which binds everything together in perfect harmony." - Colossians 3:14

. . .
jade is my sister | joe is my husband | alp is my pet llama
you can call me sammy

my photography blog

#6 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Its pics like this that I do like-she knows she is getting it taken :) Ling that is cool that you met Sophie! How random though! :) I honestly if I saw Emma, I would probably be like hey I think you are a cool actress and love your work but I think I would be too shy to ask for a pic with her tbh LOL. I love her hair-it's so cute short but you can tell it is growing out alot more now.
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#7 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Ling that is cool that you met Sophie! How random though! :)

It was very random! I don't watch ANTM so I don't know much about her, I just get into full Stampede Hospitality mode! It's our big tourism thing, so I usually end up giving recommendations and directions to loads of tourists, because I get excited (and probably because I'm a know-it-all).

#8 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Ling, THAT is awesome! So you were giving directions to Sophie? I want to visit Canada so badly one of these days...I hear yall have quite a beautiful place!! :)
Posted Image

#9 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Canada is beautiful. It's huge though. And we all think our part is the prettiest. :D

#10 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

LOL of course thats what we all say about our own areas ;) But I do know from friends how stunning it is!!!! :)
Posted Image

#11 movdef

movdef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

It is so exciting.Good luck.
filem,music,shopping,games are my love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users