The Emma-Watson.net Forum

A sports forum with no GYM thread? O.o How very odd.

I joined my local GYM recently and I went to it for the first time today and loved it.

I have to say, I originally only wanted to go for the running machine's but I quiet enjoy all the machinery. My favorite is the running machine, rowing and bikes. (Though I ride my bike on a regular basis.)

I thought I'd start this topic for us all to talk about our certain work outs, how often we go and your favorite machinery to go on?

I like treadmills. Bikes are okay. Haha, I love those big air-filled gym balls too. I used to go once a week but I've been doing more outdoor exercises for a while now, although I do miss going to a gym. There was a swimming pool at my one, I spent the most time in there.

I'm not a member at a gym, but I am a member of "...a non-profit organization of Swedish origin aiming at providing various forms of exercise" (thanks wikipedia!).

The gyms here in Norway are crazy expensive! Most of the gyms are about 100 USD a month. Whereas the organization I work out at costs about 250 USD for a whole year, where they got the same routines as a normal gym, except they don't have a lot of equipment.

I'd often thought of joining a gym, I'd use the treadmill and bikes a lot. Then I thought "there are plenty of roads and I've got plenty of bikes". Didn't see the point.

I would like to be able to use a rowing machine lots though

I have membership to a gym but I don't really use it. I much prefer smaller yoga studios.i don't like machines I like classes, sometimes I go to Zumba. But I prefer yoga and yoga sucks at the gyms I have been too. Sometimes my dance studio does workout classes as well so I much prefer to go there, I don't really like the atmosphere of a gym. At least not the ones in America, I suppose they are different everywhere.

I have a membership i got about 2 hours a day of just working out at the gym also they have a pool and I love swimming so i do that too

I love the Eclipcal Walker! it is my Favorite thing to do there!! i do that about an hour and i do the trendmill for about 30 mins a day for a cool down

I love the gym I am addicted to working out!

i also love the Trendclimber

Edited by sarrie

I'd often thought of joining a gym, I'd use the treadmill and bikes a lot. Then I thought "there are plenty of roads and I've got plenty of bikes". Didn't see the point.

Seconded. A couple friends of mine have been pressuring me to be their work-out partners but as you said, I didn't really see the point of paying money to do something I can do for free. Running a route outdoors do yield better results than a treadmill.

I would [or at least used to] run a 3 mile route around my neighbourhood every day. (this was back in high school and the first year afterwards). On days where I can't run due to pain in my knees I would do a 10 mile route with my bike. I did also buy a bench and put it in my garage to lift as well. Basic exercises also done using body weight.

----

Still, my university's tuition pays for the year's "membership" at the gym we have there. This past year actually I would get out of class at around 10pm and then hit that gym with a buddy for an hour or so... and for some reason hit the bar afterwards. :lol:

Anything cardio-based I would just do outdoors since I can get better results from that. But, I mostly lifting when at the gym though. Other stuff like raquetball, basketball and fencing (the uni's fencing club needs a major overhaul) I would do there as well.

I like treadmills. Bikes are okay. Haha, I love those big air-filled gym balls too. I used to go once a week but I've been doing more outdoor exercises for a while now, although I do miss going to a gym. There was a swimming pool at my one, I spent the most time in there.

There's a swimming pool at my gym too. :D I go everyday now.

• 1 year later...

I would like to be able to use a rowing machine lots though

Haha you're right ! 

I hate running so I have a membership too at a gym, and I love the elliptic machines. For me it's way softer and funnier than running. I also go to different class with the coaches, which helps me stay focus and motivated. 

• 10 years later...