The Emma-Watson.net Forum

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you dance? How long have you been dancing for?

The movie Step Up encourages me to dance every time I watch it, I really want to go to classes but I have no idea which one(s) to go to. Thought it would be interesting to see which dancing styles are the most popular on the forum.

You should start!!

I have been dancing since I was 3. I started with Ballet and didn't branch out till I was about 10. When I was 10 I started to get mor interested in contemporary. Then in high school I really hated my ballet instructor and how she treated us. So I started to take some hip hop. I have taken other classes throughout the years too of ballroom and such. I don't get to dance as much today but it's still a huge part of me. For a while I was teaching some beginners ballet to the little ones and that was so fun! Sometimes I go into my studio and I'll do a few classes of a bunch of different things. Usually it ends up being contemporary. When I can, I still go to the studio just to have some time to myself.

I started ballet when I was 3, got into competitive stuff when I was 8. When I went through my awkward teen stage I stopped for the most part and switched to drama. But in drama we did a lot of contemporary movement stuff and musical theatre. I love dance and I'd like to get back into it. I'm thinking of joining some Zumba classes and then once I'm physically fit again, maybe take some proper dance lessons. :)

• 11 months later...

The movie Step Up encourages me to dance every time I watch it,

oh yes!

I've did so much different like: latina, ballroom dancing, modern, go-go and even strip-plastic :P

I've always loved dancing but I was always shy to dance on public but I danced, danced, danced all the time when I was home alone, learning random choreography and felt the music. As far as I rememberI did folklore singing but had to dance there as well. I quit it b/c I couldn't stand wearing those stupid dresses and singing stupid songs. I've heard there was a hot guy giving dance lessons in our neighborhood so I went there with the girls, lasted there for a few years. Things were amazing but tough, oh so tough! Even tho he was damn hot, he treated   us bad, we overworked, stayed at the studio till 10 pm

and he was very angry if we did sth wrong, he had a stick and bit our legs with that >.< but I rly liked the stretching classes! every saturday, even tho they were rly STRETCHING, we couldn't walk afterwards, it was effective. And the teacher (woman) was lovely. And that male teacher had a gf, who was also a dancer and they always danced in the studio showing us,we enjoyed it and wanted to look like them. Then in a while I decided to do modern dancing. (his co-worker as well) We were competing, giving concerts regullary and the most great thing about it is was dancing on a footballfield! That was an action I must say, a huge field, lots of of ppl and all cams on you and you're on tv! We were waving flowers and flags, then we sat and watched the match and everytime someone scored a goal, we were supposed to stand up and wave the flowers, as a wave it looked rly beautiful. I was sooooo nervous xD Oh my xD if only I remember how hard we trained, without shoes on that grass dancing in heat again and again. But that's deffinately the best thing to remember. 

Then I did go-go, which is nice cause it contains lots of styles and genres. You just hear the music and dance to it. we always danced on things like city concerts, holidays and stuff. Well what is a go-go girl? entertainer.

Then I did some strip-plastic (erotic dance without stripping with elements of private dancing, chair dancing) dancing to this slow music gives you confidence in your sexuality, which a woman needs.

Then in high school I really hated my ballet instructor and how she treated us.

tell me about it -.-

• 2 months later...

oh yes!

I've did so much different like: latina, ballroom dancing, modern, go-go and even strip-plastic :P

I've always loved dancing but I was always shy to dance on public but I danced, danced, danced all the time when I was home alone, learning random choreography and felt the music. As far as I rememberI did folklore singing but had to dance there as well. I quit it b/c I couldn't stand wearing those stupid dresses and singing stupid songs. I've heard there was a hot guy giving dance lessons in our neighborhood so I went there with the girls, lasted there for a few years. Things were amazing but tough, oh so tough! Even tho he was damn hot, he treated   us bad, we overworked, stayed at the studio till 10 pm

and he was very angry if we did sth wrong, he had a stick and bit our legs with that >.< but I rly liked the stretching classes! every saturday, even tho they were rly STRETCHING, we couldn't walk afterwards, it was effective. And the teacher (woman) was lovely. And that male teacher had a gf, who was also a dancer and they always danced in the studio showing us,we enjoyed it and wanted to look like them. Then in a while I decided to do modern dancing. (his co-worker as well) We were competing, giving concerts regullary and the most great thing about it is was dancing on a footballfield! That was an action I must say, a huge field, lots of of ppl and all cams on you and you're on tv! We were waving flowers and flags, then we sat and watched the match and everytime someone scored a goal, we were supposed to stand up and wave the flowers, as a wave it looked rly beautiful. I was sooooo nervous xD Oh my xD if only I remember how hard we trained, without shoes on that grass dancing in heat again and again. But that's deffinately the best thing to remember. 

Then I did go-go, which is nice cause it contains lots of styles and genres. You just hear the music and dance to it. we always danced on things like city concerts, holidays and stuff. Well what is a go-go girl? entertainer.

Then I did some strip-plastic (erotic dance without stripping with elements of private dancing, chair dancing) dancing to this slow music gives you confidence in your sexuality, which a woman needs.

tell me about it -.-

Don't you have videos of all that ??? :D

I've been dancing for 11 years. I'm doing a break because my body is not in shape and that forbids me to progress. Last year my teacher was more a dancer than a teacher =/ Dancing with us all the time during class, so he was not correcting us at all. I need to feel the progress in class, otherwise i'd stay in my room ! ^^ 

I practice modern-jazz and love lyrical jazz. I wish to acheive a high level, but it's hard because I do not dedicate my time at dancing, as I do many things during my weeks. Moreover, the dance school of my town is a small school, so le level is not that high. I always had the level they asked, I was often even better because it was a passion for me and not for the other girls =/ But it's still not enough for me to have the dream level I see in many videos haha