The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Announcing: Member Run Forums

Some of you may have been wondering why we don't have a Sports Forum, Fashion Forum, or a few other forums that we used to have on the old forum. Well, the reason that we don't have them yet is because the Moderating team thought it would be a great idea if we gave the members a chance to run their own forums. So if you really want to have a sports forum, apply for it, get at least 10 members to show support for the forum (via a thread), and if your application is accepted, you'll be in charge of your own forum. :)

Our requirements are: must be a good active member. Willing to make your forum fun and active. Get at least 10 members to show support for the forum that you want to make (via a thread). You must have a minimum of 100 posts.

So if you're interested, just fill out the application below and send it to a Moderator.

Please post any questions you have in this thread. :)

Emma-Watson.net Member Forum Application

•  
  • Username:
  • Forum Name:
  • Forum Topic:
  • Why do you want to make this forum?:
  • How can this forum benefit the entire emma-watson.net forum?:

I want the fashion, but I don't think I could run it. ): Please someone. Start a Fashion? (:

I'll do fashion. As you can see in the picture below, I am quite the fashionista and would be perfect for this role.

I'll do fashion. As you can see in the picture below, I am quite the fashionista and would be perfect for this role.

:lostit:

Maybe kind of "Alternative Fashion Forum"....

You should post some more of yourself in the pictures thread - maybe even some close-ups of the tattoos.

:lostit:

Maybe kind of "Alternative Fashion Forum"....

You should post some more of yourself in the pictures thread - maybe even some close-ups of the tattoos.

I do hope you realize that was a joke.:) That's not really me, that's a picture of Rob Zombie.

I do hope you realize that was a joke.:) That's not really me, that's a picture of Rob Zombie.

/quote]

How sad. Would have been a lot better if you looked this way than anything like what you previously posted...

But I had a strange deja-vu about this one.

Anyway, is there a chance we will see the real Dude?

How sad. Would have been a lot better if you looked this way than anything like what you previously posted...

But I had a strange deja-vu about this one.

Anyway, is there a chance we will see the real Dude?

Maybe at some point, but not right now. If it happens at all, it will be in the future, down the line sometime.

• 3 weeks later...

Do we really need to have 100 post. i'm active but I don't post a lot only if I have an opinion. I can be a really good Tech Guide.

The requirement is put in place for multiple reasons. The first is to establish that you are familiar enough with the forum and have visited frequently enough to have acquired that familiarity. It's hard to judge that because we can't really tell how frequently you have visited the forum, the only way to measure is through a post count. The second major reason is that we want members who will actively run their forums and make sure they won't die out if there aren't any posts. We expect those in charge of member run forums to generate activity. Not that I'm trying to knock you specifically or anything but having a post count under 100 doesn't show us the activity that we are looking for.

The requirement is put in place for multiple reasons. The first is to establish that you are familiar enough with the forum and have visited frequently enough to have acquired that familiarity. It's hard to judge that because we can't really tell how frequently you have visited the forum, the only way to measure is through a post count. The second major reason is that we want members who will actively run their forums and make sure they won't die out if there aren't any posts. We expect those in charge of member run forums to generate activity. Not that I'm trying to knock you specifically or anything but having a post count under 100 doesn't show us the activity that we are looking for.

oh sorry. I thought there would of been like Mods could see how many hours a person visits this site and logs