The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I would counter argue that those who vote early would be as misinformed as those who vote on the day of the election. There was a statistic awhile back that only about 25% of Americans were actually informed about issues and candidates while a whooping 50% weren't informed at all and about 25% were moderately informed. It's kind of sad given how long our elections are that there's a large amount of people who don't know what they are voting for. That stat is across all party lines too. It could be worse though, at least people aren't cooping anymore.

Dax, those stats are scary. I remember reading something like this not too long ago and it brings up a valid point. No matter who you are voting for, you have to be informed yourself. Don't go by ads, don't go by smeer campaigns or any of that razzle dazzle, you have to go with the facts! I mean, we even have a site for this! FactChecker.org! I shove this site in my friend's face because the reasons why he is voting for Romney are completely misinformed. It's sad. He's also gay which rattles my brain. I don't get why gay people are voting for a man who is so homophobic.

Of course we always have to worry about our government, but the election will be over and we won't have to suffer the constant media attention and attack ads. There is no easy answer to our economic, political, or social issues. To be honest I'm kind of tired of people thinking there's a special cure that will magically change everything. The economy is going to take time to come back, no matter who's elected. If there was a special fix it would have been implemented by now. As I stated in my original post in this thread, things haven't gotten worse under Obama, which in itself I feel is a good sign. Things could have spiraled out of control and gotten a lot worse. Romney's vague answers and lack of a viable plan concern me.

This! All of this! I agree 100%!!

Who knows, in terms of neck and neck races one could argue that Ohio, Florida, Virgina, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Iowa, and to a lesser extent now North Carolina are all toss ups. Of those, Obama only really needs about 18 electoral votes to get elected. He could take Florida alone and take everything, although I feel that's going Romney right now myself. It's anyones game really. I suppose you could make the argument that the set up favors Obama more than it does Romney, since he would need fewer states.

As for Hurricane Sandy, I hope Romney doesn't get elected since he wanted to cut funding to FEMA. I'm not sure people would enjoy that right now.

Yes! I heard about North Carolina just now. I read the polls and it seems that Romney is winning popular vote while Obama is winning electoral. I guess it really is anyone's game.

I know! I just couldn't believe that on top of him wanting to cut funding to FEMA, he's not giving a rat's ass about the people who lost their homes and who need to rebuild their lives. He's a cold-hearted snake. :\

Edited by Midnight Toker
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sounding more and more like Iowa and New Hampshire are going to go Obama. I suppose if I had to predict in terms of swing states at this point I'd say Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Ohio are going Obama, and that Florida and North Carolina are going Romney, with Virgina a complete toss up (To be honest I kind of think that will be the closest race).

Anyone else want to offer up predictions? I'm sure some of you from battleground states can offer a better viewpoint.

Can't stand Romney... not giving a woman the right to decide on abortion? homophobia? capital punishment? His views are just...

<_<

Not that Obama's amazing either, but hey... if you've gotta choose between the two, Obama for sure.

Edited by Unreal

It's sounding more and more like Iowa and New Hampshire are going to go Obama. I suppose if I had to predict in terms of swing states at this point I'd say Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Ohio are going Obama, and that Florida and North Carolina are going Romney, with Virgina a complete toss up (To be honest I kind of think that will be the closest race).

Anyone else want to offer up predictions? I'm sure some of you from battleground states can offer a better viewpoint.

You know Dax, I'm gonna agree with you completely here. I'm sad that Florida is going for Romney but I knew it. Every time I drive up and down the streets here, there is more support for Romney. The only time I see Obama support is in the black part of town. That's terrible to say but it's the truth. Miami is very divided. :(

I threw out my vote for Jill Stein because I wanted Obama to get FL. *sigh* I just hope my vote wasn't in vein.

I honestly think that Obama is gonna win this one. That is my prediction. He for sure has Ohio, I can tell you that much since I live in Ohio. That can't hurt. But, I just see a lot more pro Obama then Romney (outside of Ohio too). I still am not so keen on either. I guess Obama is the lesser of the two evils in my book lol. But, I don't want to get into that too much. Just wanted to state my prediction.

I am officially sick of living in Ohio. In the past 3 days...8 people have come to my door for me. 8!!!! Not to mention the freaking calls. All day long there were people bugging me. I voted, leave me alone. Downtown was crazy. I am so ready for this to be over.

^ Fine I'll stop bothering you at your house, geez a guy can't be friendly these days apparently.

Florida is super close, this is becoming a hell of a race. Close all around splaaaah :o.

^ Fine I'll stop bothering you at your house, geez a guy can't be friendly these days apparently.

Florida is super close, this is becoming a hell of a race. Close all around splaaaah :o.

Well if I knew it was you I would have invited you in for some tea and cookies!!! Stop wearing a ski mask over your face, will ya?

Florida is crazy close. But, who knows since have the places haven't been counted yet. I am so impatient!

I was screaming "Arie random people are knocking on doors out here asking who people are voting for save me ahhhhhhhhhhhhh," and you just let me rot out there :sob:.

I know right. Romney has to take Ohio now though if he wants a chance of winning at all.

I was screaming "Arie random people are knocking on doors out here asking who people are voting for save me ahhhhhhhhhhhhh," and you just let me rot out there :sob:.

I know right. Romney has to take Ohio now though if he wants a chance of winning at all.

:hug::sob: sowwy, I will be more careful to let you in next time!!

Well no pressure one me, huh?

If Romney loses any one of Virginia, Ohio, or Florida it's over, and I'd say there's a good chance that one of those (probably Ohio or Florida) will go Obama.

Looks like the democrats are going to hold control of the senate.

Obama's pulling closer in Virginia. Polls are about to close in California, time for me to fret over the propositions @_@.

Nevada finally has some numbers out.

Crazy to see how many states Romney has actually won and how little that matters.

Don't worry Dax! All will be well.

Crazy how the projections changed once all those polls closed!!

I'm very nervous you guys. :(

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/

I'm using this for my polls. Not sure how up to date it is but it's making me feel sick to my stomach. A friend of mine keeps telling me Obama's got this but I'm not sure. It's not him I don't have faith in, it's the system. Bush got selected twice so.. I'm worried.

Obama just took Iowa. If he takes Nevada which he probably will and then takes Colorado, he doesn't need Florida, Ohio, or Virginia o.o.

Edit: Aww man I posted it third T_T.

OHIO JUST WENT TO OBAMA :o!!!!!! HE'S WON!!!!