87 replies to this topic

#21 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Last I heard, in Ohio Obama was pulling ahead of the polls. But, who knows what will happen in the end.

Dax, that true with Ohio too because we also get 18.

It was a bad move for him to focus now on Ohio and not Sandy at all because we actually got hit pretty hard here. I had no power last night for hours. All the school were closed today. Its been raining here non-stop since last Friday and it isn't supposed to stop till this Friday. Tons of people here still don't have power. No where near as bad as NY, but still. If Romney wants Ohio he should be more sympathetic here.

I have seen so many people voting and for both sides. I really have no idea which way its going to go. Most people around where I live are supporting Romney because it is a pretty upscale neighborhood, but again... who knows?

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#22 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Mood::Drunk and Happy ^.^
  • LocationSea World, I hang with Shamu

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

I think you could argue that Obama's image and handling of Sandy might give him the smallest of boosts, but keep in mind that early voting in states where Sandy hit was suspended at least a day or two and will be possibly longer in areas that received a lot of damage. Early voting tends to favor the democrats more than the republicans, and Obama has been pushing hard for people to get out and vote early.

It's really unpredictable at this point. No matter what the polls say right now, something could throw it all off in the end anyways. I suppose the nice part is we won't have to stress or speculate over it after next Tuesday.

#23 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

Well voting early here has been going on for a while. Actually I think it may be over now. I kind of dislike the whole voting early thing. People were voting for all the wrong reasons and just to get it over with. That's a whole different conversation though. And oh man is Obama pushing it. When he came to my uni there were signs everywhere. The board of elections is close by. There were people registering everywhere then going to vote. I kept asking people why they were voting today or why for Obama. Just to hear what people said. They said nothing. They would say "because" or "obviously Obama is the only option". That worries me in the sense that people are going about this all wrong. But, it's working for Obama.

So true, but we do have to stress, one of these people will be our president. We do have to worry even after. I just hope whoever it is will really do some good for the country. I'm still unconvinced that either is better then the other. Who knows...

thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#24 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

Well voting early here has been going on for a while. Actually I think it may be over now. I kind of dislike the whole voting early thing. People were voting for all the wrong reasons and just to get it over with. That's a whole different conversation though. And oh man is Obama pushing it. When he came to my uni there were signs everywhere. The board of elections is close by. There were people registering everywhere then going to vote. I kept asking people why they were voting today or why for Obama. Just to hear what people said. They said nothing. They would say "because" or "obviously Obama is the only option". That worries me in the sense that people are going about this all wrong. But, it's working for Obama.

So true, but we do have to stress, one of these people will be our president. We do have to worry even after. I just hope whoever it is will really do some good for the country. I'm still unconvinced that either is better then the other. Who knows...

I would counter argue that those who vote early would be as misinformed as those who vote on the day of the election. There was a statistic awhile back that only about 25% of Americans were actually informed about issues and candidates while a whooping 50% weren't informed at all and about 25% were moderately informed. It's kind of sad given how long our elections are that there's a large amount of people who don't know what they are voting for. That stat is across all party lines too. It could be worse though, at least people aren't cooping anymore.

Of course we always have to worry about our government, but the election will be over and we won't have to suffer the constant media attention and attack ads. There is no easy answer to our economic, political, or social issues. To be honest I'm kind of tired of people thinking there's a special cure that will magically change everything. The economy is going to take time to come back, no matter who's elected. If there was a special fix it would have been implemented by now. As I stated in my original post in this thread, things haven't gotten worse under Obama, which in itself I feel is a good sign. Things could have spiraled out of control and gotten a lot worse. Romney's vague answers and lack of a viable plan concern me.

#25 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

I didn't know of those stats. Thanks for including them. I guess the issue remains with people in general.

True, the ads are annoying as he'll. and the phone calls....Uch. Of course not and people who think there's a magic cure are not very smart. True. I just hope they finally start to get better. That's all I hope for. Because not getting worse is not a good think, it's okay. I would like to see some progress. Not asking for magic, just a little movement. I think I'm allowed that at least.

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#26 Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

I would counter argue that those who vote early would be as misinformed as those who vote on the day of the election. There was a statistic awhile back that only about 25% of Americans were actually informed about issues and candidates while a whooping 50% weren't informed at all and about 25% were moderately informed. It's kind of sad given how long our elections are that there's a large amount of people who don't know what they are voting for. That stat is across all party lines too. It could be worse though, at least people aren't cooping anymore.

Dax, those stats are scary. I remember reading something like this not too long ago and it brings up a valid point. No matter who you are voting for, you have to be informed yourself. Don't go by ads, don't go by smeer campaigns or any of that razzle dazzle, you have to go with the facts! I mean, we even have a site for this! FactChecker.org! I shove this site in my friend's face because the reasons why he is voting for Romney are completely misinformed. It's sad. He's also gay which rattles my brain. I don't get why gay people are voting for a man who is so homophobic.

Of course we always have to worry about our government, but the election will be over and we won't have to suffer the constant media attention and attack ads. There is no easy answer to our economic, political, or social issues. To be honest I'm kind of tired of people thinking there's a special cure that will magically change everything. The economy is going to take time to come back, no matter who's elected. If there was a special fix it would have been implemented by now. As I stated in my original post in this thread, things haven't gotten worse under Obama, which in itself I feel is a good sign. Things could have spiraled out of control and gotten a lot worse. Romney's vague answers and lack of a viable plan concern me.

This! All of this! I agree 100%!!

Who knows, in terms of neck and neck races one could argue that Ohio, Florida, Virgina, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Iowa, and to a lesser extent now North Carolina are all toss ups. Of those, Obama only really needs about 18 electoral votes to get elected. He could take Florida alone and take everything, although I feel that's going Romney right now myself. It's anyones game really. I suppose you could make the argument that the set up favors Obama more than it does Romney, since he would need fewer states.

As for Hurricane Sandy, I hope Romney doesn't get elected since he wanted to cut funding to FEMA. I'm not sure people would enjoy that right now.

Yes! I heard about North Carolina just now. I read the polls and it seems that Romney is winning popular vote while Obama is winning electoral. I guess it really is anyone's game.

I know! I just couldn't believe that on top of him wanting to cut funding to FEMA, he's not giving a rat's ass about the people who lost their homes and who need to rebuild their lives. He's a cold-hearted snake. :\

Edited by Midnight Toker, 01 November 2012 - 02:58 AM.

Be true to yourself even when others do not understand.
Posted Image
PSN: rejecteddemo :: Steam :: Tumblr :: Deviant Art

#27 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

It's sounding more and more like Iowa and New Hampshire are going to go Obama. I suppose if I had to predict in terms of swing states at this point I'd say Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Ohio are going Obama, and that Florida and North Carolina are going Romney, with Virgina a complete toss up (To be honest I kind of think that will be the closest race).

Anyone else want to offer up predictions? I'm sure some of you from battleground states can offer a better viewpoint.

#28 Unreal

Unreal

Energetic member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Mood::Peace ☮
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Can't stand Romney... not giving a woman the right to decide on abortion? homophobia? capital punishment? His views are just...

<_<

Not that Obama's amazing either, but hey... if you've gotta choose between the two, Obama for sure.

Edited by Unreal, 02 November 2012 - 11:08 PM.

our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

follow me

#29 Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

It's sounding more and more like Iowa and New Hampshire are going to go Obama. I suppose if I had to predict in terms of swing states at this point I'd say Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Ohio are going Obama, and that Florida and North Carolina are going Romney, with Virgina a complete toss up (To be honest I kind of think that will be the closest race).

Anyone else want to offer up predictions? I'm sure some of you from battleground states can offer a better viewpoint.

You know Dax, I'm gonna agree with you completely here. I'm sad that Florida is going for Romney but I knew it. Every time I drive up and down the streets here, there is more support for Romney. The only time I see Obama support is in the black part of town. That's terrible to say but it's the truth. Miami is very divided. :(

I threw out my vote for Jill Stein because I wanted Obama to get FL. *sigh* I just hope my vote wasn't in vein.
Posted Image

#30 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

I honestly think that Obama is gonna win this one. That is my prediction. He for sure has Ohio, I can tell you that much since I live in Ohio. That can't hurt. But, I just see a lot more pro Obama then Romney (outside of Ohio too). I still am not so keen on either. I guess Obama is the lesser of the two evils in my book lol. But, I don't want to get into that too much. Just wanted to state my prediction.

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#31 Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

It's gonna be all over soon guys. I'm so nervous. I want to throw up. The polls were so close last I checked. T_T
Posted Image

#32 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

I am officially sick of living in Ohio. In the past 3 days...8 people have come to my door for me. 8!!!! Not to mention the freaking calls. All day long there were people bugging me. I voted, leave me alone. Downtown was crazy. I am so ready for this to be over.

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#33 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

^ Fine I'll stop bothering you at your house, geez a guy can't be friendly these days apparently.

Florida is super close, this is becoming a hell of a race. Close all around splaaaah :o.

#34 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

^ Fine I'll stop bothering you at your house, geez a guy can't be friendly these days apparently.

Florida is super close, this is becoming a hell of a race. Close all around splaaaah :o.

Well if I knew it was you I would have invited you in for some tea and cookies!!! Stop wearing a ski mask over your face, will ya?

Florida is crazy close. But, who knows since have the places haven't been counted yet. I am so impatient!

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#35 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I was screaming "Arie random people are knocking on doors out here asking who people are voting for save me ahhhhhhhhhhhhh," and you just let me rot out there :sob:.

I know right. Romney has to take Ohio now though if he wants a chance of winning at all.

#36 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

I was screaming "Arie random people are knocking on doors out here asking who people are voting for save me ahhhhhhhhhhhhh," and you just let me rot out there :sob:.

I know right. Romney has to take Ohio now though if he wants a chance of winning at all.

:hug: :sob: sowwy, I will be more careful to let you in next time!!

Well no pressure one me, huh?

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#37 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

If Romney loses any one of Virginia, Ohio, or Florida it's over, and I'd say there's a good chance that one of those (probably Ohio or Florida) will go Obama.

Looks like the democrats are going to hold control of the senate.

#38 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

Too close to tell just yet. Florida is such a nail biter!!!

so far....

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#39 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Iowa's looking favorable for Obama right now, Colorado's a toss up right now too.

#40 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Both way to early to tell. 19% counted in Iowa and %38 in Colorado.

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users