The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Gahhhhhhh I don't want to stay up all night watching these propositions. Not looking good for repealing the death penalty out here in California, or the all too critical prop 30, although it's pretty early at the moment.

Lots of love for Marijuana during this election, I'm a bit surprised.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ :(

same-sex marriage was legalized in a number of states as well!

Annoying now because every station is just doing local stuff till they hear from the Romney campaign. He should just concede and this point and make his speech so I can go to sleep haha.

If prop 30 doesn't pass I'm going to be sick. It means at least a $3,000 tuition increase for me, and this on top of all the other increases they've made. Tuition use to be about 3,000 a semester here back in 2000, now we're paying 16,000+ per year -sigh-.

IF prop 30 doesn't pass I'm going to be sick. It means at least a $3,000 tuition increase for me, and this on top of all the other increases they've made. Tuition use to be about 3,000 a semester here back in 2000, now we're paying 16,000+ per year -sigh-.

:hug: (that made it all better, right?)

Midnight Toker, I voted for Gary Johnson. I really wanted to pick Ron Paul if he was still running, but Johnson's views are very much alike to Dr. Paul's so that's good enough.

In other news, I cannot believe the majority of Arizona reelected that egomaniac, Joe Arpaio. :(

That's good to hear. If Stein wasn't on the ballot and I wasn't in FL (*sigh*), I would have voted for Johnson. I should have voted Stein, its not like FL is helping at all with a victory. lol

Gahhhhhhh I don't want to stay up all night watching these propositions. Not looking good for repealing the death penalty out here in California, or the all too critical prop 30, although it's pretty early at the moment.

Lots of love for Marijuana during this election, I'm a bit surprised.

I'm glad there is love for weed this election. People need to open their minds to it. If booze is legal, weed should be too. Not just saying this cause I smoke... lmao

• 4 months later...

I personally would rather had Romney win, how ever it is what the people wanted another 4 years with Obama. I am saying i do not nor do i oppose him in any way. It is up to the people and they spoke.

• 3 weeks later...

i haven't cared about politics in years, honestly. they're all crooked, the whole damn gov't is 50 shades of crooked-gray. *sighs* no matter who you vote for or elect, they raise your taxes, and feed you the same old tired lines. what's the point anymore?!

they are not the same. You have to find out which one lies less and at least make some of his promises true.

And Obama you do wrong. He made many of his promises true. But some of his own people have stopt him, because they thought it was too much. Such fools.

You can be happy that the elections are boring. I have heard, and it makes sense to me, that if the election is exciting the land who elects is in problems. Is the election boring, everything is in a normal way.

I would wish the german elections would be more ecxiting, i don´t like Merkel and her politic and she wins every damned time, and i guess she will win this year, again.  <_<

i have no wish to argue political points or anyhting of the sort, but i am disappointed with Pres. Obama and his foreign policy promises, because he promised to end two utterly useless and highly destructive wars on foreign soil, Afghanistan and Iraq, and over 5 years later, nothing has changed. Pres. Obama sent 17,000 MORE troops to Afghanistan in his first term, stepped up the drone campaign even more than Bush did, and we are still stuck in Iraq. he had promised all frontline troops would be out of Iraq by June 2013, and there are over 30,000 more personnel of all US military branches, in Iraq right now, then when Pres. Obama came into office in January 2009. it took THREE YEARS to bring everyone home from Iraq in the 1991 Desert Storm, and they haven't even begun to reduce troop levels in Iraq, as of March 30, 2013.

i have always been disgusted by these two oil wars, due to the sheer waste of lives, material, and money we don't have, and it is all a waste, because as soon as all US forces are removed from Iraqi soil, the puppet gov't will collapse, and the Sunnis will start killing Kurds again, same crap will happen in Afghanistan, as the taliban will topple the corrupt puppet karzai, and everything will revert to the way it was before we invaded. opium rules Afghanistan, always has, always will. we are now 17 TRILLION DOLLARS in debt because of these wars, and people wonder why i am so disillusioned about politics in the USA. they are all corrupt. we cannot afford all this world policeman crap.

Most people that know me on this forum already know where my stance is regarding the various military ventures the US has been involved in. I won't go into detail about my opinions so I will just state some facts.

i have no wish to argue political points or anyhting of the sort, but i am disappointed with Pres. Obama and his foreign policy promises, because he promised to end two utterly useless and highly destructive wars on foreign soil, Afghanistan and Iraq, and over 5 years later, nothing has changed. Pres. Obama sent 17,000 MORE troops to Afghanistan in his first term, stepped up the drone campaign even more than Bush did, and we are still stuck in Iraq. he had promised all frontline troops would be out of Iraq by June 2013, and there are over 30,000 more personnel of all US military branches, in Iraq right now, then when Pres. Obama came into office in January 2009. it took THREE YEARS to bring everyone home from Iraq in the 1991 Desert Storm, and they haven't even begun to reduce troop levels in Iraq, as of March 30, 2013.

60 years after the armistice, we still have combat troops in Korea [the Korean war never ended and there have been many instances where both sides have exchanged fire];68 years after WWII we still have troops in Germany, Italy, and Japan. 115 years later, we still have troops in Cuba. The presence of combat forces in these theatres is a show of force against potential aggressors towards American interests overseas (whether that be oil, political influence, economic sovereignty, etc) and also serve as a quick reaction force should a flashpoint present itself in each region. After Desert Storm, the US kept at least one combat ready naval battle-group in the Persian Gulf to keep Saddam Insane in check.

Although saving many American lives by keeping them out of harm's way, these drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen are illegal acts of aggression by US. The mission to kill Osama bin Laden was praised by many but was an illegal act of war against Pakistan (technically speaking). The drone strike in Yemen that killed Anwar al-Awlaki was an unconstitutional act against an American citizen. President Obama went against the 5th and 6th Amendment to the constitution (although the rhetoric in the 5th Amendment may allow this as an exception with the "in time of War" clause).

i have always been disgusted by these two oil wars, due to the sheer waste of lives, material, and money we don't have, and it is all a waste, because as soon as all US forces are removed from Iraqi soil, the puppet gov't will collapse, and the Sunnis will start killing Kurds again, same crap will happen in Afghanistan, as the taliban will topple the corrupt puppet karzai, and everything will revert to the way it was before we invaded. opium rules Afghanistan, always has, always will. we are now 17 TRILLION DOLLARS in debt because of these wars, and people wonder why i am so disillusioned about politics in the USA. they are all corrupt. we cannot afford all this world policeman crap.

Firstly, any oil in Afghanistan too insignificant for the West to want compared to lets say Saudi Arabia. After the USSR pulled out of Afghanistan in '89 there was a power vacuum in which the Taliban took advantage of. One way or another, Afghanistan is a country in which the people are so divided that no single entity can govern it. It's just like the European colonization of Africa in the 19th century, the Europeans were too dumb to realize that certain African tribes should not be pooled together. This is why Africa is cursed with continuous civil wars. The same can be said about Afghanistan. The British weren't able to rule, the Soviets weren't able to rule, the Taliban weren't able to rule. "Ðикто никогда не Ñумел завоеват афганиÑтан, никто никогда." (sp? [since Genghis Khan]'No one has ever managed to conquer Afghanistan, no one.' -9th Company)

About the useless spending, my only personal opinion: We live in an world where economies are run by fiat currencies; there's no solid value to money anymore. What is debt when there's no legitimate value to the money we owe/earn. Money is only as valuable as we say it is.

(I think we should return to the pre-Bretton Woods gold standard system)

the Fed should be abolished and control of currency should be returned to the elected government. the Fed is NOT a federal agency, does not answer to Congress or any governing authority of the duly-elected US gov't, and yet they have absolute control of our monetary system. i don't understand how this possible.