The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Jesus was a Punk Rocker

In case you wanted to know, I got a tumblr.... but its not one of those 14yr old girl ones filled with hipster pictures and glitter.

Its a MANS tumblr page. Filled with really long posts and crap like that.

90% of it is Christian related, that's why I reckoning I'll stick up a thingy here.

Every now and then I'll stick up something non Christian related (Usually to do with music or general life stuff)

I figure that if people reeeeeeally want to they could read it they can. You don't have to if you've got more important things to do like feeding the dishes or washing the cat. And if you so desire you could comment on the garbage I say here and tell me I'm wrong or something to that effect.

Even if no one does read or comment I'll still post a link to my latest entry here.*

Because maybe one day. When you find yourself with absolutely nothing better to do, you could read it...

This here is my link ----------> http://xchristcorex.tumblr.com/

*I say that now but chances are I'll forget

2 things I want to comment:

1) Good idea for a threat title (no joke, seriously)

2) I seriously busted out laughing at "You don't have to if you've got more important things to do like feeding the dishes or washing the cat." In fact, I woke up my mom (who came in town to visit) and she yelled at me to shut up, but that's ok because it was worth it.

Anywhooo, in a sense I would agree with your title. :]

Edited by Bagel of Death

Wow man....I stopped reading at the point where you were on about man screwing up god's creation....:rolleye:

Whys that my man?

2 things I want to comment:

1) Good idea for a threat title (no joke, seriously)

2) I seriously busted out laughing at "You don't have to if you've got more important things to do like feeding the dishes or washing the cat." In fact, I woke up my mom (who came in town to visit) and she yelled at me to shut up, but that's ok because it was worth it.

Anywhooo, in a sense I would agree with your title. :]

Threat title? I'm not sure what you're meaning my friend.

Also, I'm glad you enjoy my....... choice of wording...

Whys that my man?

Maybe I just find it hard to stomach some of the hardliner christian attitudes you have...I have my problems with decrees from above which are held to be universal truths, it reeks of orthodoxy and ppl stopping to use their brains just because it's convenient and easy...how can you take everything that was written in basically the stone age as a guide for today, just like a lot of those followers of you-know-who-I-mean do?...

I just don't get it, there must be something better even though I don't know what exactly...

Otherwise, good to talk to you Joey :D

Maybe I just find it hard to stomach some of the hardliner christian attitudes you have...I have my problems with decrees from above which are held to be universal truths, it reeks of orthodoxy and ppl stopping to use their brains just because it's convenient and easy...how can you take everything that was written in basically the stone age as a guide for today, just like a lot of those followers of you-know-who-I-mean do?...

I just don't get it, there must be something better even though I don't know what exactly...

Otherwise, good to talk to you Joey :D

I see what you're saying man.

I wouldn't so much as call myself a "hardliner Christian", more just vocal about what is written in the book.

I know what you're getting at when you talk about it being such an old book, heaps of Christians doubt if its truly accurate/relevant. The way I see it is, and I cant really say it any simpler, that God is God. He created us as we are and gave us the bible as written rules, its the book in which we base our lives off. I have no reason to doubt its relevance because if it wasn't 100% true then why would God give it to us to base our lives off?

But that's just me...

she meant THREAD title. :yesyes:

Oh right right... That makes a fair bit more sense

• 2 weeks later...

.... I have no reason to doubt its relevance because if it wasn't 100% true then why would God give it to us to base our lives off?

But that's just me...

I see.

I can't claim to know it in detail, but aren't there instructions on who to kill in a particular way for certain crimes? Are you suggesting following that too? And if not (for whatever reason), how can you still follow the rest? Because at that point it starts being a matter of interpretation and practicality....and after that ultimately comes only the rule of men through the word of god as they they see fit to interpret it at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

I see.

I can't claim to know it in detail, but aren't there instructions on who to kill in a particular way for certain crimes? Are you suggesting following that too? And if not (for whatever reason), how can you still follow the rest? Because at that point it starts being a matter of interpretation and practicality....and after that ultimately comes only the rule of men through the word of god as they they see fit to interpret it at the moment.

Dang sorry for the late reply.

All the sorta thing to do with stoning people and all that is in the Old testament which doesn't apply since Jesus returned. The Old Testament is more a history lesson than the way we should live

Although it is important to study the old testament, Joe is right - the old testament doesn't really apply to born-again christians or many christian denominations. However, in some denominations like Catholicism, there are readings from the new and old testament, and one of the gospels at church. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate! As manly as I try to act and look, I'm always a sucker for little kids! Cannot wait to have my own one day! :D

---------------

I got two new posts for ya'll.

First one is called My Nanna’s passing and why my Poppa is the greatest man in the world, its pretty self explanatory.

But basically my closest nanna finally passed away after a life time of dealing with health issues and my poppa stayed caring for her for a life time.

The second one is just called Secular Metal, and it follows my usual sort of thought process, which is having an original point and then branching off constantly into different ways and then struggling to try and get them to all meet up at the end. This one is a bit more Christian heavy but is basically why I think there is no harm in Christians listening to secular heavy music which is always called "evil". I'm pretty sure it makes no sense at all....

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks heaps Karen! Means a lot to be getting positive feedback about what I write. I've been getting a bit more of it lately so I better keep going!

I just wrote another one so go crazy reading it over and over and over and over and over again or just read it once, it doesn't bother me that much really...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...