The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Mitch Lucker Dies

Most of you have probably never heard that name or heard of his band Suicide Silence but on Thursday morning the Mitch Lucker died in hospital from a motorbike crash he had the day before. I was never really an avid follower/listener of Suicide Silence but they brought a lot of mainstream attention to the Death Metal scene and helped a lot of people to realize that its not filled with a bunch of angry people but good guys. He was only 28 years old which is bad enough but he also had a 5 year old daughter who must be going through hell at the moment.

Such a terrible loss of the Metal world, such a good guy and insanely talented at what he did.

My thoughts and prayers to their family and friends, especially his little girl.

More reading here if you want

Sad to see a giving guy go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVHZWdN37Dc

-------------------------------

Their music if you really want to listen to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=312Sb-2PovA

There's been a lot of uproar about this. I found out Thursday and there was a lot of people saying he committed suicide, slit his own wrists etc. I was disgusted and disgraced knowing people were tainting his soul.

I've said this a couple of times but I'll say it again because it can never be said enough. His talented voice will be missed.

I was not familiar with the band but I began seeing stuff about his death around the internet. I did a little bit of research. His bond with his daughter is certainly something to be admired. I found this beautiful but tragic picture of her that someone posted on a blog. They held some sort of candlelit service for him. The blogger wrote the following and I thought I would share it since I thought it was very sweet.

There is a facebook page named ER Photography that has some really wonderful pictures and posts from the event. I thought that you guys, as true fans, might want to see those.

"Mitch Lucker’s daughter, Kenadee Isis Lucker (age 5) holding a candle for her daddy at The Candlelit in Huntington Beach, California. It broke my heart seeing this because throughout all the times I saw Suicide Silence live, she was always there and I swear I’ve never seen such a beautiful bond between a father and daughter. It was clear how much Mitch cared about his daughter and she for him. She is obviously too young to understand the whole situation but one day she will know what an impact her father left in this world. Mitch was like family to many and im honored to be part of the candlelit with the other hundreds of people that showed up. You will never be forgotten Mitch. You left your dent in this world and it will always be here. R.I.P Mitch Lucker and much love to all your family, friends, and fans."

There's been a lot of uproar about this. I found out Thursday and there was a lot of people saying he committed suicide, slit his own wrists etc. I was disgusted and disgraced knowing people were tainting his soul.

I've said this a couple of times but I'll say it again because it can never be said enough. His talented voice will be missed.

Man that is stupid on so many levels. I cant stand all the people giving him a bad name just because they didn't like SS. I've been told of people saying things like "This is the best thing that has ever happened to Suicide Silence" and other BS like that, makes me sick. There is no respect for the dead. But it makes me happy that so many people are coming together to show their support and respect.

Yeah his relationship with his daughter was pretty magical. I hope when she is older she will be proud of who her daddy was.

that photo breaks my heart on so many levels :(

It also breaks my heart hearing that he was drunk when it happened. his wife posted saying that Mitch was an alcoholic and begged him not to go out that night :(

I heard that they were testing to see it alcohol or drugs was a factor, that really sucks that he was drinking. But drinking and drug abuse is such a big part of the music culture so I'm not overly surprised to be honest. Still sad as hell that a bad mistake caused such a tragedy.

Yeah I would not at all be surprised if he was drunk. Booze and drugs is such a massive part of the music industry and there has been loads of rumors around for a long time that we was on drugs/booze a lot. Still not the way you want to go out

• 4 weeks later...

It's quiet sad he had to die at such a young age, but it's mostly sad when he leaves a wife and child behind. Especially if it's a little girl. Perhaps I am being biased since I've always been a daddy's little girl, but I couldn't possibly imagine life without my father. My condolences to his wife, child, family and fans. :-/

Edited by Bagel of Death