The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Star Wars Episode VII...Princess Emma

I googled Star Wars Episode VII Emma Watson and yes indeed it is rumored that Emma is wanted by fans to play the daughter of Princess Leia and Han Solo. Just a rumor of course but what a grand one. :) "Dreams do come true." Walt Disney. :)

Αnd you know that for sure because you read your magic ball?

Jeez its just my personal opinion. I don't think Disney is gonna do any good with Star Wars. I love the originals. I am allowed to have that opinion.

Jeez its just my personal opinion. I don't think Disney is gonna do any good with Star Wars. I love the originals. I am allowed to have that opinion.

Phrasing an opinion would be: "The movie is gonna suck, in my opinion. Not "that movie is gonna suck". I'm so tired of people wanting to sound 'cool' or anything by bashing Disney and the fact that it is in charge now. Give it a chance before you judge, people. Don't be bias. It might actually be freaking great. As a huge SW fan myself I'm excited just in the idea of new movies coming out, no matter who's directing.

As for Emma I don't think she'd be suited for such a part. I don't see it now. But she could actually pull it off, in which case it would be awesome.

Edited by Nekyia

Phrasing an opinion would be: "The movie is gonna suck, in my opinion. Not "that movie is gonna suck". I'm so tired of people wanting to sound 'cool' or anything by bashing Disney and the fact that it is in charge now. Give it a chance before you judge, people. Don't be bias. It might actually be freaking great. As a huge SW fan myself I'm excited just in the idea of new movies coming out, no matter who's directing.

As for Emma I don't think she'd be suited for such a part. I don't see it now. But she could actually pull it off, in which case it would be awesome.

I understand completely that you are frustrated with people, but please do not take it out on me. We all get frustrated. I know not to think badly of you because we are friends and I care a lot about you. But, please in the future do not take frustration out on me (or other users with opposing opinions). The great thing about this forum is that we all have different opinions. I love that. But, there is a better way in which to tell someone you disagree.

I happen to love Disney and I love Star Wars. I just do not think they will be a good match. I am not stating this opinion to "be cool". Of course I hope that the movie is great, but I don't think it will be. I am allowed to believe that.

And I am very sorry that my phrasing offended you. I did not think that it would be misunderstood and I will be more careful in the future.

Lol ppl who knows what policy Disney might have a few years from now regarding StarWars...do we even know if it has to be "episode VII" ?

Isn't there lots of materiel preceding episode I? Like thousands of interesting years of jedi/sith conflict?

I could only dream of them actually making a Knights of the Old Republic movie...but I guess that Ep VII has to do. I'm not convinced yet it will be any good but we'll see. If Emma will play in it I definitely would watch it just for that.

I don't think it's even a question of Disney taking over. Episodes four, five, and six were classics and will always remain so. The newer episodes weren't as good. I'm not saying they were horrible, but they didn't have the legacy that the original trilogy had. I'm hesitant at the notion of creating a new trilogy in part for that reason. Disney has had their share of bad productions, but I wouldn't judge them until they actually produce the movie. There's potential, and Disney isn't the worst studio that could be producing it.

As for Emma having a role in it, it would be interesting, but at the same time I'd like to see her in more challenging, dramatic roles. She's already been in a major movie franchise, HP. I'd like to see her star in independent roles that aren't strongly genre based, but rather more character driven.

YES! YES! ALL OF MY FAN BOY YES!!!! omg omg omg If it's Jania Solo... I would DIE if she played Jania. She'd be so kick ass at it too. *squee* Sorry I'm a nerd. Like to the max nerd.

She will be playing Hope Solo

Key of Awesome have just summed it up better than I could.

On the Death Staaaaaarrr... XD

And no I wouldn't want to see Emma involved in this. Even though it would fit in with any Disney "cuteification"

I googled Star Wars Episode VII Emma Watson and yes indeed it is rumored that Emma is wanted by fans to play the daughter of Princess Leia and Han Solo. Just a rumor of course but what a grand one. :) "Dreams do come true." Walt Disney. :)

Personally, I would love to see Emma in a Star Wars movie. :happydance: In my opinion if she took any part it would probably not involve a recurring character,

if her comments about not getting involved with large multi-movie franchises anytime soon have any credibility... <_<

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Saoirse Ronan has said that she auditioned for Star Wars VII and had a great time but so has everyone else. Meaning lots of other actors. I wonder if Emma auditioned for it too. I hope Emma has auditioned for it and gets it but if not then I really like Saoirse for the part. She's a really good actress and she was up for the part of Ila in Noah but couldn't do it because of scheduling conflicts so Emma, I guess, auditioned and got it. Though I think that if Emma did audition for Star Wars she would get it because she would be perfect for the part. She also has a wonderful resemblance to Natalie Portman and Carrie Fisher who played the characters mother and grandmother respectively. Maybe enough time has passed since Harry Potter that she would be wanting to do another huge film again, since the past like five movies she has done have been small including "Your voice In my Head" even though she's the star and, with the exception of "Noah", though her role is kind of small in that...I assume...because Darren Aronofsky IMO is the biggest tease with this film that I've ever known so know one knows a lot about "Noah"...but I digress. If she is the princess in SWVII she would carry the film so that in itself would be huge. Well here's to wishing. :) 

Funny rumor. I guess it would be interesting to see Emma in a Star Wars movie. But, its gonna suck so maybe I don't want her involved.

Hmm that quickly said ! For sure it will have the Disney signature, so it's not gonna be bloody and cruel, but rather smooth and funny. It's definitely not gonna be the old star wars we love (I don't even know for what reasons I love them, I guess it's because of the whole atmosphere of friendship, fair fighting, fun, and the bright side of the force that never waited for me to come, but anyway... ^^) 

I googled Star Wars Episode VII Emma Watson and yes indeed it is rumored that Emma is wanted by fans to play the daughter of Princess Leia and Han Solo. Just a rumor of course but what a grand one. smile.gif "Dreams do come true." Walt Disney. smile.gif

Haha that made me laugh because I though that it was a fancy dream quite impossible ! I mean, it's like 2 of the biggest imaginary world would be linked by Emma ! (just as the actors that were in Harry Potter AND The Lord of the Rings, or Christopher Lee who was in SW and LOTR, or Jamie Campbell Bower who played in HP and Twilight). That's a funny idea, make me think we are all BIG dreamers !

Somehow, as much as I love Emma, I don't picture her in a Star Wars episode. I guess that because we have seen her with great magical powers, she's for me too imprinted with that to play a character using the force to fight. see what I mean ?

I read the "Young jedi knights" series, that was great and I'do love to see Jacen and Jaina come true. I really hope those episodes will be great, even though I know we must be prepared for something very different. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04

Oh, did you know that Georges Lucas didn't direct 2 or the 3 first Star Wars episodes ? That surprised me when I watched number V the other day, in the credits he was not credited as director, "just" producer (and he was screanwriter). I dodn't know that, as he's the father of it all, I always thought he directed them all. 

Edited by Thessalie
  • 3 months later...