The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Oft course his outfit changed during the last weeks after the bad press he had when attending Emma to a theatre jn New York. Imagine that Emma took control about it. What did they wrote? "While Ms. Watson appeared stylish as ever, her boyfried turned up casual - in fact too casual for the event - at the theatre. He even seemed not half much excited as his famous girl about the play he was come to see....." Yup, it is not easy to be a famous girl friend.....

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonny, you are literally as bad as the Daily Fail (if not worse, since you're not paid to stir up drama).

Again, people must think my friends and I all LOATHE each other, the amount of times we could be caught on our phones, especially when walking or sitting down to eat at restaurants. Luckily, this is not the case- sometimes you need to respond to messages or check your calendar. It's not like it's not an everyday occurrence for most people. :P

ling: It was just a quote out of a newspaper.... but I had to agree, looking at the pictures. That's all..... And: in my country (no idea how it is in your's) nobody would be allowed to enter a theatre-performance in a outfit like the one Mr. "Nice guy" wore on that afternoon in New York. It is something you call "dress code". That's for sure......

Oh: and yes, maybe I like to stir up "drama". It's a way to be right in the end; and the world around us is so full of real drama that this sort of is a little bit funny. Call it "unintended entertainment". Sorry for that.

I LOVE THAT COLOUR. MY SWEATER IS THAT COLOUR. MY EYELINER IS THAT COLOUR. SEVERAL HANDBAGS THAT I OWN ARE THAT COLOUR. I. LOVE. THAT. COLOUR.

that proves my point I guess? :happydance:

Also it must be nice to live in a place where there are still flowers and you can wear relatively thin tights with a skirt and not freeze and die. T______T

That's what I thought too. Looked p. chill.

Jonny, you are literally as bad as the Daily Fail (if not worse, since you're not paid to stir up drama).

Sorry that I have to answer to that quote seperatly. But at first I did not klick on the link. Then I needed five minutes to stop laughing... :rofl: :rofl:

Ling, it's all about our - also unintended - "body language". You know?

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

I take a very "William Shakespeare-esque" approach to the theatre, which is to say it belongs to the masses, not to the privileged few, and anyone who wishes to partake in theatre may do so, in whichever garments they find to be comfortable.

Plus, the one show I was able to google that they went to was in fact a matinee, which is less of a big deal. It was also Off-Broadway, which... again, is for a group that is a bit more liberal in their idea of what theatre is about. Plus, when I was last in the West End in London there were plenty of casual theatre goers. It's certainly not uncommon. There are reasons to dress up for theatre, but at the end of the day, it's like a wedding: nobody should be looking at the people in the pews, they're there to see the bride and groom!

All theatrics aside, at the end of the day it's not about what you or any news article says (besides which, I was not able to track down the piece your supposed 'quote' was pulled from). Emma likes him, or they wouldn't still be seen together in public. I'd say if anything their body language shows they're comfortable enough around each other to not feel the need to impress, and that's a definite good thing. And even if they WERE unhappy, it's never ANY of your concern EVER because Emma will NEVER be with you EVER and even the chances of you ever having a conversation with her are INCREDIBLY slim. So, what is the point in trying to bring other people down or call other peoples' relationships into question? It's really quite mean, not to mention so bad for karma. I feel really bad for people who need to try to tear others down to feel better about themselves. Especially people they don't know. :(

@ling: you wether know me or my story but you constantly try to bring me down......

I am in fact happy that I never will meet her personally - because what is if I find out after five minutes that she is totally different to the image she creats in the media? And, as I said before: I have to apologise for the fact that I found the reactions of some people here just funny. And nearly 60 replies and 1000 views (so far) for such a "unspectacular" topic is not bad in this "fair weather"-forum.

Well, and now off to the cinema to watch Perks, this time in the original version, not with german syncro. In the end, Emma is a actress, able to creat dreams and images - on and off screen. And that she is able to do that proofes that she is a great person and a great actress. :yesyes:

I don't try to bring you down. You can go and live your life the way you want. But I am concerned about the way you try to dictate the way Emma should live HER life because it certainly isn't a healthy perspective to take, on your part. I know what you say doesn't affect Emma in any way- she's still a millionaire who can choose to do anything with her life including dating her colourful boyfriend of whom I am a fan- but your fixation with her does not seem to make you happy. You are constantly nitpicking at her and being exposed to that kind of negativity is not healthy for anyone's mental state. :)

(P.S. The many replies in this topic, I should point out, where more to diffuse the awkwardness of a topic that really should never have been discussed in the first place. But I'm glad that it did turn out the way it did because I have been able to bond with forum members over Boyfriend's flair for colour and it did make me laugh. :D)

Can I just say one thing about the media-they have no right to say anything about Will's outfit-yeah it was.casual for a theater show BUT it was in the afternoon in the daytime-even my friends and I are more casual when we go to theater shows during the day and dress up then at night. Had he been wearing that outfit for an evening performance then yeah not appropriate. But it was daytime...I really hate the media-can yall imagine being judged and criticized and talked about all the time? Clothing to Wear? What make up you wear? Etc...I honestly dont know how celebrities deal with it-must have tough skin.

Can I just say one thing about the media-they have no right to say anything about Will's outfit-yeah it was.casual for a theater show BUT it was in the afternoon in the daytime-even my friends and I are more casual when we go to theater shows during the day and dress up then at night. Had he been wearing that outfit for an evening performance then yeah not appropriate. But it was daytime...I really hate the media-can yall imagine being judged and criticized and talked about all the time? Clothing to Wear? What make up you wear? Etc...I honestly dont know how celebrities deal with it-must have tough skin.

I think, it is simply the price you have to pay if you are a celebrity. Or call it a part of the job, you have. Remember, people like Emma are famous and celebrities BECAUSE media reporting about their life, their roles, their movies, their tragedies and even their outfit. Emma is called a "style icon and a role model of her generation" - she is it because the media made her to that. Without pap-shots, interviews, glamour-shoots ecc. nearly nobody would notice the "girl from Harry Potter" anymore. So I think in the position of a celebrity it is only the question how I deal with the media. Do I see them as friends or as enemy? Do I use them to be "present" or do I avoid them to go unrecognised? It is a question of personal temperament and the right advice from my pr-people. And Emma was very much left alone in this point after she left the cosy "Harry Potter"-family. I think it was Michael J. Fox who said in the role as a advisor to the American President that it is the duty and the right of the common people to question and observe the people they put in the "front row". And nothing else happens here.

Oh, one other thing. If I would be in the presense of a young lady, called the "style-icon of her generation" I would do everything to look propper and smart and well dressed - and not like a unmade bed. But again, this is personal temperament and the mood, I am in. Can imagine, that a cosy Sunday afternoon in front of the TV, watching football or something, is sometimes better then watching a intellectual modern stage play..... B)

I rarely dress up for the theatre, matinee or not. I usually wear my jeans and trainers :) it's no big deal anymore - theatre's sort of reinvented themselves to welcome the casual passer-byer because they needed to make more money and so got rid of the stiff dress smart code they used to have. It's had great effect, theatre sales have rocketed since.

I rarely dress up for the theatre, matinee or not. I usually wear my jeans and trainers :) it's no big deal anymore - theatre's sort of reinvented themselves to welcome the casual passer-byer because they needed to make more money and so got rid of the stiff dress smart code they used to have. It's had great effect, theatre sales have rocketed since.

Yes, I see the difference between our countries. In GB - as well as in USA - theatres are working without public funding and so they had to do everything to attract visitors. In my country theatres getting much money out of the budget of the ministry of art. So they can keep the "dress-code" high...... Nevertheless, also when I visit a theatre in London I wear shirt, tie and a jacket. But thats personal temperament.....

I actually didnt know that! Used to be you did have a dress code-but honestly it's like going to the movies-you want to feel comfy :) Smart on theater business part!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my US pals! :)

Who. Cares. What. He. Wore? Honestly, people who give two craps about this kind of stuff really annoy me.

I don't know him and I don't know her personally so I have no opinion on the matter other than: As long as she is happy and he treats her right, what does it matter?

He's not a bad looking guy. I didn't think he was that cute until I saw the picture with him in the scarf or whatever. He dresses a bit too "classy" for my tastes though. lol I'm not the one wearing it though so why am I even making that comment... smh.

Finally I found a historic pic with this sort of angry, disappointed, bored "Emma-face" which is complete against her nature. It was taken in Jamaica, just before the relationship with her then boyfriend came to an end........

598451_474226192615411_1413867384_n.jpg

Dude, the sun is in her face. I make that face when the sun is blasting it's ugly UV rays down on me. Doesn't mean I'm pissed off. Jeeeezzz.

Edited by Midnight Toker

Dude, the sun is in her face. I make that face when the sun is blasting it's ugly UV rays down on me. Doesn't mean I'm pissed off. Jeeeezzz.

This pic was taken during her holidays with her then boyfriend. She ran around the whole day with such a face. After the holidays the relationship ended..... So, please believe me, this IS how she looks when she is angry/disappointed/bored.

This pic was taken during her holidays with her then boyfriend. She ran around the whole day with such a face. After the holidays the relationship ended..... So, please believe me, this IS how she looks when she is angry/disappointed/bored.

Seeing ppl taking photos of her is the reason not the ending relationship, a lady would never walk around with an angry face because of a relationship. But if I would see paps on the beach taking photos of me while me and my man sunbathe I would give them the evil eye for sure and try to go away from them but they enjoyed taking photos of emma watson in bathing suit for sure. Why would she look happy about being chased around?

Seeing ppl taking photos of her is the reason not the ending relationship, a lady would never walk around with an angry face because of a relationship. But if I would see paps on the beach taking photos of me while me and my man sunbathe I would give them the evil eye for sure and try to go away from them but they enjoyed taking photos of emma watson in bathing suit for sure. Why would she look happy about being chased around?

Helen2U: again, Paps are a part of her job, and she has to deal with them. You can see them as friends or as enemy..... And as far as I know the story with her then boyfriend was a little bit different, but I do not want to argue about that now. It is simply not possible to grow up to one of the most beautiful celebrities of the world and try to have a image like Mother Theresa.

Helen2U: again, Paps are a part of her job, and she has to deal with them. You can see them as friends or as enemy..... And as far as I know the story with her then boyfriend was a little bit different, but I do not want to argue about that now. It is simply not possible to grow up to one of the most beautiful celebrities of the world and try to have a image like Mother Theresa.

agree to the last part, though. erm I don't know her personal life, it is mainly my view on it.