The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree to the last part, though. erm I don't know her personal life, it is mainly my view on it.

I think, she is really a "ordinary girl" from next door, very british in every way and she has, what sientists call, the "perfect beauty". The thing is, that it is simply not possible to live a celebrities-life on terms of a "ordinary british girl from next door". And because she is so "down to earth", so many people wanting to be befriended with her. I, too..... :blush:

I don't understand how you seem to be so privvy to what goes on in her relationships, comparing her current bf to her last one? It's not like she talks about it in interviews or anything. I couldn't tell you any of the guys she's dated names or pick out a photo of them (apart from my BFF, Mr Sassy Scarf Man). o_O Where do you get this info from???

I don't understand how you seem to be so privvy to what goes on in her relationships, comparing her current bf to her last one? It's not like she talks about it in interviews or anything. I couldn't tell you any of the guys she's dated names or pick out a photo of them (apart from my BFF, Mr Sassy Scarf Man). o_O Where do you get this info from???

The best summary is a biography about her, written by David Nolan. It is a unauthorised bio, but cross-checking some details using the internet showed that the book is not too bad written and far away from "fanfic". It is a compendium of statements out of interviews, appearances in talkshows ecc. giving a inside view on her life. And sometimes she did not hide her boyfriends, oh no, on the contrary.....

And her boyfriends: on the first view it seems that they are the luckiest men alive. But looking closer, you will find out, that beeing Emma's boyfriend must be a tough job.

I think Emma's part in this is more interesting than her boyfriends', anyways. It would be interesting to hear her takes on relationships in general, not concerning any one particular guy (that's tabloid stuff). I for one suspect that she's the type who doesn't immediately drop someone even if things got a little stale, which is why I agree that trying to read her face is just about as accurate as fortune-telling ;)

But that's all speculation.

It is one source and as I said, I cross-check. Example: the story about the "matress". I thought it was a funny "intro" to the book, because I found nothing about that story on the Internet. Weeks ago I found by chance a video on youtube, a Emma-interview from 2002. In this interview (Letterman) she told exact the story, you can read in the book.

And: her boyfriends and relationships are widley reported in the media. To know who was or is her boyfriend has nothing to do with magic, you have to learn at Hogwarts.

Finally: the book must not too bad written, because I think, her people would use legal force, if too much "untrue" stuff would be written in it. I know, dook, you are the only here with a direct contact to her, but some fans are not too bad, too, in summing up her life!

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

It is one source and as I said, I cross-check. Example: the story about the "matress". I thought it was a funny "intro" to the book, because I found nothing about that story on the Internet. Weeks ago I found by chance a video on youtube, a Emma-interview from 2002. In this interview (Letterman) she told exact the story, you can read in the book.

And: her boyfriends and relationships are widley reported in the media. To know who was or is her boyfriend has nothing to do with magic, you have to learn at Hogwarts.

Finally: the book must not too bad written, because I think, her people would use legal force, if too much "untrue" stuff would be written in it. I know, dook, you are the only here with a direct contact to her, but some fans are not too bad, too, in summing up her life!

Well, no, as long as it's not libel, it's freedom of speech. But the book did upset her.

And I mean, stuff like "crosschecking" the info online doesn't count for much. I knew the "mattress" story. Sure, I'm a girl who is only 2 years older than Emma who grew up with Hermione and used to run a fansite, but it's not like that story is a big revelation about her life. It's a silly anecdote that she used to tell in her self-proclaimed "broken record" phase. :P

Well, no, as long as it's not libel, it's freedom of speech. But the book did upset her.

And I mean, stuff like "crosschecking" the info online doesn't count for much. I knew the "mattress" story. Sure, I'm a girl who is only 2 years older than Emma who grew up with Hermione and used to run a fansite, but it's not like that story is a big revelation about her life. It's a silly anecdote that she used to tell in her self-proclaimed "broken record" phase. :P

Please..... I do not record her life to write a book about her.... Knowing details are part of beeing a fan. And even reliable Austrian Newspapers reporting sometimes about her.... That there is so much speculation and room for "books written out of freedom of speech" is her own fault. If you tell nothing, people start "creating". Again, beeing Emma W. is not beeing Mother Theresa.

The best summary is a biography about her, written by David Nolan. It is a unauthorised bio, but cross-checking some details using the internet showed that the book is not too bad written and far away from "fanfic". It is a compendium of statements out of interviews, appearances in talkshows ecc. giving a inside view on her life. And sometimes she did not hide her boyfriends, oh no, on the contrary.....

And her boyfriends: on the first view it seems that they are the luckiest men alive. But looking closer, you will find out, that beeing Emma's boyfriend must be a tough job.

I read the same interview DOOK quoted and it was clear enough to me: 1. she had no idea that book existed. 2. how much nonsense people could write about her and get away with it and people eat it up more than watty serving her nutella. that's the darkside of journalism: it's so interpretable. Watty(Emma) wrote fact checking takes 5 minutes on her twitter. People just love to make money out of nothing like moses did and there was water.

yeah that and check your own inbox lady. your email didn't work. me-waiting.

I read the same interview DOOK quoted and it was clear enough to me: 1. she had no idea that book existed. 2. how much nonsense people could write about her and get away with it and people eat it up more than watty serving her nutella. that's the darkside of journalism: it's so interpretable. Watty(Emma) wrote fact checking takes 5 minutes on her twitter. People just love to make money out of nothing like moses did and there was water.

Please, all of you, do me a favour: READ the book (you find many pages on amazon.com) before you judge. There are no new secrets revealed, but it is definitly no "fanfiction". And - as far as I judge Emma and her people - some lawyers would make a big business of bringing the author to court, if he wrote nonsense. And Emma? She could easily publish her own authorised bio about the Potter-years, which would terminates all rumours.

But she is still surprised that people creating stories about her? This really insults her intelligence......

And Emma? She could easily publish her own authorised bio about the Potter-years, which would terminates all rumours.

Noone except C class celebrities or people with some disorder write their memoirs at age 22 though.

Noone except C class celebrities or people with some disorder write their memoirs at age 22 though.

Oh, I think, a book about this extraordinary life between 10 and 22 would be a hugh success. She (and Daniel and Rupert) had a life no other child ever had during the time growing from child to adult. So it would be a good, interesting, book, fitting her picture as a role model. And as far as I see it, it would be good written, to. And she could terminates rumours at once.

Oh, I think, a book about this extraordinary life between 10 and 22 would be a hugh success.

It would be a huge success because Emma's a huge success :tongue0020: (and the movies she was in). That wouldn't make it any less pretentious though.

She (and Daniel and Rupert) had a life no other child ever had during the time growing from child to adult. So it would be a good, interesting, book, fitting her picture as a role model. And as far as I see it, it would be good written, to. And she could terminates rumours at once.

I think she knows there was nothing about her life that she couldn't relate in interviews (and that's one thing she talks about quite a lot). Anyone who doesn't want to make a quick buck before their 5 minutes are up doesn't write about adolescence as long as they're still close to that age. I'm p. sure we'll see an authorized biography at some point, maybe when she's 30 or 40. She's too classy (and sane) to bare it all while she is, in the eyes of many, still that child star.

Though if in that biography she'd still be silent about her relationships, that would be a bummer :lol:

Even if Emma wrote a million biographies about each one of her relationships in minute detail, it still wouldn't be my business, and I still would have no opinion on what she does with her personal life. :P

Her relationships? I want to know everything about the movies and the adventures she had filming Harry Potter! Her relationships - some guys who fitted in her shedule and had problems to live in her shadow - are not sooooo interesting. And for the fact that it would be nice to live with her we need no book, I think!

Even if Emma wrote a million biographies about each one of her relationships in minute detail, it still wouldn't be my business, and I still would have no opinion on what she does with her personal life. :P

Now you're trying v. hard to stay neutral. You aren't working for her, are you? :tongue0020:

Now you're trying v. hard to stay neutral. You aren't working for her, are you? :tongue0020:

YES. I AM. YOU HAVE FOUND ME OUT. :lostit: Haha no. I'm genuinely a fan of her movies (particularly Hermione, although she also played Sam, and Perks was another book I grew up with). I have no ulterior motives. I just feel really bad for people who are being constantly criticized (regardless of their career or who they date). It makes me feel uneasy and uncomfortable. I'm empathetic, that's all. :P

Anyway, I guess I've made my point enough times, so from now on whenever someone says something inappropriate you all can just fill in the blanks with me coming in to point out why the comment is inappropriate. :P

In fact, from now on I think if anyone says anything mean about Emma's personal life, everyone should just post this photo of Emma judging them harshly.

Edited by ling
I have no ulterior motives. I just feel really bad for people who are being constantly criticized (regardless of their career or who they date).

I think we're all quite happy with the decisions she makes (even if they're not our business and all). I can feel the love here, apart from the occasional potshot (which seem to be courtesy of a certain Austrian, mostly :P )

edit: those eyes... they burn into my soul.

Edited by Sacred_Path

@ling: do you really think that Emma or every other Star sets his job-shedule after his boy/girlfriend? Means: "no, Mr. spielberg, i cannot appear in your movie, because my boyfriend has his birthday during shooting and I promised him to go to the cinema with him on that day.... Of course he must live after her shedule, otherwise they would hardly see each other....

Meh, I heard they met at uni, right? So he probably is quite busy doing uni stuff. They have their own lives (as people should), and their own lives intertwine to work with each others' (I would assume).

I've given up a lot more than the normal-person-equivalent to a Speilberg film for love. But that's just me, I guess...