Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Mood::excited by tangents ô.Ô
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Vancouver sun, really? Lol.

It was in the news everywhere FFS :rolleyes: That one took 5 seconds to find on Google.

Anyways putting that aside I thought you were talking about building in gaza which is not happening. In fact, the building probabably won't happen at all.

Like I implied in my post, it was certainly partly just rhetoric. Doesn't make it less offensive though, rite?

Where they are talking about, no one lives. So no, they are not killing anyone in order to build. I have actually been near that area. It's literally all desert and nothingness. Anyways the building probably won't happen. Anyways it wouldn't hurt anyone if they did decide to build there since there is currently nothing actually there.

I think we can safely assume that expansionism won't stop or be limited to empty spaces forever.

As for the Germany part. That's what Netanyahu says but not necessarily means. They are currently in elections there so he is basically working every angle. Honestly, in the past Israel hasn't had much to do with Germany and I don't see that changing. Of course they don't want to make an enemy but I don't think they actually expect much from Germany.

His statements, again, could just be a tad populistic. My question was actually serious, if such sabre-rattling and finger pointing is necessary for Israeli politicians.

"Ok, well, the 'hot bod' is not a characteristic."

#22 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

It was in the news everywhere FFS :rolleyes: That one took 5 seconds to find on Google.

Like I implied in my post, it was certainly partly just rhetoric. Doesn't make it less offensive though, rite?

I think we can safely assume that expansionism won't stop or be limited to empty spaces forever.

His statements, again, could just be a tad populistic. My question was actually serious, if such sabre-rattling and finger pointing is necessary for Israeli politicians.

I wouldn't generalize all Israeli politicians because of one remark Netanyahu made. Was it a poor choice of words? Yes. Should I be up in arms freaking out about Israel due to one remark? No. Politicians say a lot of stupid things during campaigns. That doesn't make it right, just a point. They have to please so many people. And the political system in Israel is crazy. There are a ton of different party's. itsk ind of insane. The whole thing is very hard to follow. Netanyahu is trying to please a lot of different people. His choice of words was not right. However, don't be so quick to assume that Israel is just going to start building right and left. I wouldn't be so quick to jump up and say they are gonna start expanding to more populated areas. Regardless, there are no actual plans of expansion at all. Not that it's really much expansion. That area is right next to a huge Israeli city.

P.s. very interesting conversation, but I must go to sleep. So that's why I won't respond again. Have a lovely whatever time of day it is by you.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users