The Emma-Watson.net Forum

How can I become friends with her?

I'm confident a video of you crawling around on the floor naked, face smeared with cake will stand out among all the messages she gets.

But would such a performance give her a right picture of me? I think, it would not be very helpful for me, the true (and sometimes obsessive) fan, to get noticed and invited to dinner or lunch, by crawling half naked around the floor, singing and eating and be smeared allover with a fresh mixture of strawberries and Nutella on a cake? (Well the "Nutella on body"-thing gives me some ideas, but... well.....).

I definitly think she would get the wrong picture. So..... :sob:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could include a really nice handwritten note about how the cake is not poisoned and you just want to establish a friendship based on a mutual love of cake.

that made me laugh so hard :yesyes::rofl:

But would such a performance give her a right picture of me? I think, it would not be very helpful for me, the true (and sometimes obsessive) fan, to get noticed and invited to dinner or lunch, by crawling half naked around the floor, singing and eating and be smeared allover with a fresh mixture of strawberries and Nutella on a cake? (Well the "Nutella on body"-thing gives me some ideas, but... well.....).

I definitly think she would get the wrong picture. So..... :sob:

Knowing Emma, she could probably "look past" such "extraneous detail" and see the lovable being inside. But, she already has enough dogs to walk and probably doesn't need another one :sob:

All of my lolz at this thread. I mean.. srsly. We all wanna be her friend. Unless you meet her by chance and she happens to think you aren't a creepy stalker who resembles Slenderman then you may have a shot. Otherwise, not gonna happen. I think you have a better chance at winning the lottery champ.

Bake her a cake.

Should she still refuse to notice you, you have delicious cake to drown your sorrow in. win/win

Guise... the cake.. it's a lie. Don't feed her a lie. :P

1. Bake Cake

2. Acquire Delicious Toppings

3. ???

4. Profit!

Ling, this is why I think you are AWESOME!

Edited by Midnight Toker

Again, how could you know ANYTHING about their relationship? They could have ABSOLUTELY ZERO CHALLENGES AT ALL. You know a bit about Emma's life and NOTHING about Mr Sassy Scarf Man's, so you have NO clue how their relationship works or how happy they are, etc. It's so absurd how you think you can gauge so much about them.

I'm sure they're both lovely people, who don't deserve strangers on the Internet picking apart their every move and making statements on how "challenging" their relationship must be. All relationships can be challenging, for the people who are in them, and for everyone else, it literally does not even matter a little bit.

Again, how could you know ANYTHING about their relationship? They could have ABSOLUTELY ZERO CHALLENGES AT ALL. You know a bit about Emma's life and NOTHING about Mr Sassy Scarf Man's, so you have NO clue how their relationship works or how happy they are, etc. It's so absurd how you think you can gauge so much about them.

I'm sure they're both lovely people, who don't deserve strangers on the Internet picking apart their every move and making statements on how "challenging" their relationship must be. All relationships can be challenging, for the people who are in them, and for everyone else, it literally does not even matter a little bit.

Sorry, but I do not understand why you ever want me to know something about her relationship. I know what I know and I suspect what I suspect. And time will show, if I am right or not. And if we are not entiteld to talk about her and her life/work, dook can close this forum and watson.net at once........

I thought we always had rules about respecting Emma's privacy. At least I remember making tonnes of obnoxious banners stating such a thing, oh 8 or 9 years ago. :P I didn't realize the fandom had changed so drastically.

Wait, what? She's got a boyfriend? Blimey, I'm behind on the news! She's still acting, right?

If I sent her a cake (if that's legal in the UK), would she eat it or would it look too suspicious?

I know for a fact that cake is legal in the UK. :yesyes:

The fandom is like a big ball of timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly stuff. Quite diverse. By and large, though, with just the teensiest bit of guidance here and there, the fandom does respect her privacy. Big time. Respectacular.

Nothing wrong with talking about her work, though.

Still, I'm pretty sure that boyfriends, even those doing a "bad job", don't classify as work.

The fandom is like a big ball of timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly stuff. Quite diverse. By and large, though, with just the teensiest bit of guidance here and there, the fandom does respect her privacy. Big time. Respectacular.

I'm sorry, I didn't hear the rest of your post over the sound of me falling in love with you. ;)

I don't know much about her boyfriend other than that he has a flair for colourful garments and that makes me like him automagically. Also, I've created an alter-ego for him. But I digress.

P.S. Emma's PR team *is* fabulous. Because she DOES stay super private with her personal life, and most rumours about her are false or based purely off speculation. That is what PR is SUPPOSED to do- protect her interests as much as they promote her work.

I'm sorry, I didn't hear the rest of your post over the sound of me falling in love with you. ;)

Awww... thanks. :wub:

I don't know much about her boyfriend other than that he has a flair for colourful garments and that makes me like him automagically.

Oh noes, I've got competition? Ah, love's labour's lost. It wasn't meant to be...

I feel like I'm not contributing too much to the topic, is that right?

Well then, words of wisdom: Emma would be well advised to pick her friends from people she knows (that's "knows" as in "we shared a history class" not as in "has sent me cake by airmail"). That may be tough to accept but friendship kind of lives off the fact that people see each other now and then. Also, the correct way of doing things is "hey, I met someone I like, let's be friends" not "hey, I'd like to be friends with you, let's meet and like each other". I'm afraid I have to recommend to not try to befriend someone from another country you've never met and... hmm... that reminds me... has anyone seen Neve lately? Anyway. What I do recommend is going for the good old celebrity crush instead. And then, one sunny day, you're sure to realise that there are literally THOUSANDS of girls like Emma out there. Thousands! Or at least a few hundred. I mean, I it's got to be a dozen at least. Well, maybe not quite a dozen. Hmm. Has she got a sister?

I think I don't quite believe in eternal bonds.

But I do believe in cake.

Will there be cake?

Yes I suppose the bond could only be eternal if the cake is eternal. And as someone has already pointed out in this thread, the cake is a lie.

This is all dangerously close to a metaphor for something existential, I can tell.

You people will look like fools once she writes me back that she has cheated on her boyfriend with my cake and sends me a picture of the cake-stained sheets. They will then run off together into the tropical sunset.