The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma out in London - November 26th

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yeah, she doesn't look like she no longer notices the cameras...I like some of the intense expressions there though, esp in the second pic.

Edited by 130671

Isn't it cold in England? I'M COLD only looking at her, emma get some pants on baby! Get that blue scarf from your scarf man!

Yes, it is quite cold actually haha! Most days, i've got like, 3 layers on now and 2 pairs of socks ahah :)

^ Yeah, she doesn't look like she no longer notices the cameras...I like some of the intense expressions there though, esp in the second pic.

They suggested on the daily mail website she was listening to some intense music. Who knows? Probably got those expressions because of the paps.

i actually feel bad for her in these pics

I do too, she doesn't look that happy here.

Yes, it is quite cold actually haha! Most days, i've got like, 3 layers on now and 2 pairs of socks ahah :)

Dude, short pants?! I put thick leggings underneath jeans when I go out and emma goes out with short pants. I agree, I have two pairs of socks right now on lol . It kinda makes me laugh though.

Edited by helen2U

Dude, short pants?! I put thick leggings underneath jeans when I go out and emma goes out with short pants. I agree, I have two pairs of socks right now on lol . It kinda makes me laugh though.

LOL why can't she just wear some black jeans or cargo pants with that outfit? Fashion victims.... :rolleyes:....

LOL why can't she just wear some black jeans or cargo pants with that outfit? Fashion victims.... :rolleyes:....

coz she's emma and she has the guts to do it but doesn't she say she pays a lot of money on the heat in her house? :yesyes:

:mellow:

Paparazzi taking pictures of celebs they see..... its their job and obviously not prohibited by law. So all a celeb can do is to use these pics for own pr by looking good on them. She runs around with a face we call 'fourty days of rain', cannot move properly out of a car because wearing this bloody earfons and the mobile and she complains afterwards about creepy pap-shots????? She is so badly adviced on those things, I really feel sorry for her.

Paparazzi taking pictures of celebs they see..... its their job and obviously not prohibited by law. So all a celeb can do is to use these pics for own pr by looking good on them. She runs around with a face we call 'fourty days of rain', cannot move properly out of a car because wearing this bloody earfons and the mobile and she complains afterwards about creepy pap-shots????? She is so badly adviced on those things, I really feel sorry for her.

You really have NO idea do you? :rolleyes:

I need no idea; a opinion is enough, I think.

I just want to check that you know...

Red Carpet premieres & Press junkets, Chat shows etc.. All of these things are part of being an actor, they are written into your contract as things you do to help promote a movie.

Okay, with me so far?

Getting your photo taken whilst out walking your dog, eating dinner with your friends or just getting out of your car are NOT written into your contract, you are NOT paid for that and it is NOT part of your job.

Can you see the difference?

If you were a doctor, would you really want to drive home from(sometimes a long grueling day at work) and have your photo taken by a group of men the very second you get into AND out of your car? No. Emma should never have to get used to this, she is not like Katie 'Jordan' Price or Kerry Katona that craves this sort of attention. She has had to get used to it more over the years yes, but she shouldn't have to get used to it - this is extra unwanted baggage of being a pretty, young actress.

So WHY should she smile and hence then PRETEND that she is enjoying this treatment she is getting? Just like the rest of us, she just wants to do her job and go home. What is the purpose of seeing pictures of her getting in and out of her car? nobody gains anything from it, yes in a way it gets Emma publicity - but it's not publicity that Emma seeks, she doesn't want it.

It's not just Emma either obviously.

This whole Leveson enquiry in the UK was about how the press have gone too far, not just with the treatment of celebrities, but also the treatment of everyday people, such as the parents of a murdered schoolgirl.

Paparrazzi and sections of the press are intrusive and vile, and i hope David Cameron has the balls to do something about it after this damning report.

Paparrazzi and sections of the press are intrusive and vile, and i hope David Cameron has the balls to do something about it after this damning report.

Nothing will happen, Jo. Because politicians need the press. Maybe there will be stronger law agaist pics in privat surroundings (thinking on the Duchess of Cambridge and her french adventure). Nothing will happen if somebody is on a public place. And here is the point: I think it is better for a celebrity to have "nice" pap-shots instead of, well, pics like these. Remember Emma on BBC1: even the BBC used pap-shots of her on twitter.

I just want to check that you know...

Red Carpet premieres & Press junkets, Chat shows etc.. All of these things are part of being an actor, they are written into your contract as things you do to help promote a movie.

Okay, with me so far?

Getting your photo taken whilst out walking your dog, eating dinner with your friends or just getting out of your car are NOT written into your contract, you are NOT paid for that and it is NOT part of your job.

Can you see the difference?

If you were a doctor, would you really want to drive home from(sometimes a long grueling day at work) and have your photo taken by a group of men the very second you get into AND out of your car? No. Emma should never have to get used to this, she is not like Katie 'Jordan' Price or Kerry Katona that craves this sort of attention. She has had to get used to it more over the years yes, but she shouldn't have to get used to it - this is extra unwanted baggage of being a pretty, young actress.

So WHY should she smile and hence then PRETEND that she is enjoying this treatment she is getting? Just like the rest of us, she just wants to do her job and go home. What is the purpose of seeing pictures of her getting in and out of her car? nobody gains anything from it, yes in a way it gets Emma publicity - but it's not publicity that Emma seeks, she doesn't want it.

It's not just Emma either obviously.

This whole Leveson enquiry in the UK was about how the press have gone too far, not just with the treatment of celebrities, but also the treatment of everyday people, such as the parents of a murdered schoolgirl.

Totally agree with this.

Effing AMEN. I've been saying this forever, it annoys me when people are all like "it's part of their job, they chose to be on the spotlight". No, not this, this is not part of their job. People are jealous and petty and they think they DESERVE to know everything, like they own famous people just because they're "fans", Idk.

Effing AMEN. I've been saying this forever, it annoys me when people are all like "it's part of their job, they chose to be on the spotlight". No, not this, this is not part of their job. People are jealous and petty and they think they DESERVE to know everything, like they own famous people just because they're "fans", Idk.

Of course it is part of their job; they are persons of public interest. And they want a good image and good publicity and under normal circumstances they pay a lot of money for that. Otherwise they would wether be famous or known. And as long as it is not prohibited by law I would suggest to smile a little, avoiding complaining about "creepy pap-shots" even on BBC1.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Of course it is part of their job; they are persons of public interest. And they want a good image and good publicity and under normal circumstances they pay a lot of money for that. Otherwise they would wether be famous or known. And as long as it is not prohibited by law I would suggest to smile a little, avoiding complaining about "creepy pap-shots" even on BBC1.

Emma is probably one of the very few celebs who always try to smile and be polite towards paps. She's shown this countless times in the past. But can we please wrap ourselves around the fact that she is human? She can't always smile to people who keep popping up out of the blue calling her name every single time, so they can have a snapshot of her and then judge her outfit like a prize dog, or her hair or her make up or her personality based on how she responds to them.

What if she had a bad day? Does she have to "smile a little" just for some people who don't even respect her and she knows that? I mean, would you? Because I wouldn't.

If I have a bad day I stay at home with my girlfriend and do not visit nightclubs in Soho.

Yes you have the right to do that. And she has the right to visit clubs and come back home without being harassed. Maybe that's how she's facing a bad day. Or a tiring day. Or any day for that matter. And the worst thing is not that this is actually happening -the whole paparazzi thing- the worst thing is people actually believing that this is how it's right to be, that she doesn't have the right to react that she MUST be pleasant all the time and smile like a fake doll because that's what some people want. It's disturbing.

Yes you have the right to do that. And she has the right to visit clubs and come back home without being harassed. Maybe that's how she's facing a bad day. Or a tiring day. Or any day for that matter. And the worst thing is not that this is actually happening -the whole paparazzi thing- the worst thing is people actually believing that this is how it's right to be, that she doesn't have the right to react that she MUST be pleasant all the time and smile like a fake doll because that's what some people want. It's disturbing.

You miss the point. As long as it is not prohibited by law paparazzi will take such pics and you can (unfortunatly) nothing do against that. If it would be possible under British law, I think the celebs would use the law. Right? So, my opinion is, that as long as a celebrity has to deal with that (and do not tell me, that a celeb does not know what's comming up if you get in the spotlight) it MIGHT be better to use these shots for good headlines and a positive appearance in the media. And some simple rules (f.e. how to get out of a car propperly without looking like a gymnast) are easy to learn and avoiding such bad pictures. You will not stop the paparazzi's with polite arguments, so why not use them for a good PR? That's my point, and nothing else.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

You miss the point. As long as it is not prohibited by law paparazzi will take such pics and you can (unfortunatly) nothing do against that. If it would be possible under British law, I think the celebs would use the law. Right? So, my opinion is, that as long as a celebrity has to deal with that (and do not tell me, that a celeb does not know what's comming up if you get in the spotlight) it MIGHT be better to use these shots for good headlines and a positive appearance in the media. And some simple rules (f.e. how to get out of a car propperly without looking like a gymnast) are easy to learn and avoiding such bad pictures. You will not stop the paparazzi's with polite arguments, so why not use them for a good PR? That's my point, and nothing else.

No you miss the point. Just because what paparazzis do is not prohibited by law, does not mean that Emma or any other celeb are obliged to deal with it or be polite to them, since the paps are never polite. Or to use the invasion of the private life as a positive publicity. No.

Most of the days, FOR YEARS NOW mind you, she had and still has the best image in the media. She was never rude always smiling. She still is, but she has the right to have a bad day, or even if she's not having a bad day, she has the bloody right to be annoyed to look annoyed and to act annoyed.

Edited by Nekyia

I think Emma can control herself very well when she wants to, and that in turn means she's making a point by ignoring/ looking upset at paparazzi. I don't think it has much to do with her having a bad day. She's reinforcing that she's not a show-off kind of starlet, but to some people that can be provocative (those expecting her just to go with it and not complain/ make a fuss).

Jo, you are amazing!

---

I feel awful for Emma in these pics. She honestly looks ready to slap someone and I do not blame her one bit. I do not care for her outfit at all though. Usually I love Emma's style but not here. I guess its just the shorts. If she were wearing jeans I would love it lol.