The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Hogwarts Express

Scotland is so friggin' beautiful <3

I really want to take an England/ Scotland trip. Leavesden, Edinburgh and London (King's Cross). Maybe next year.

Go by train from Kings Cross to Inverness ("The Highland Chieftain" leaves London each day at 12 noon) and explore the Highlands. The real "Hogwarts-Scenery" can only be found in the Highlands. I am a frequent traveller since 1990 and...... I really want to live there. :)

I was in South England like 12 years ago. Very agreeable and very nice weather, but not v. beautiful. I was also in London but I wasn't an HP fan at that time :rolleye0012:

Well, maybe (besides of some paparazzi) Great Britian ist a wonderful country to live. I stayed 6 month at Swansea (Wales), and - in total - more then a year in Scotland. And I want to get back a.s.a.p.

Oh, and this documentry with Michael Palin (Monty P.) was my reason for my first travel to GB and Scotland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_sBMI2rVFo

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

I'm currently in the process of applying for an ancestry visa for a probable move to England for a few years (i.e. the only reason I wouldn't is if I am denied, for some reason) so yeah I'd say I like England. :P

Well, maybe (besides of some paparazzi) Great Britian ist a wonderful country to live. I stayed 6 month at Swansea (Wales), and - in total - more then a year in Scotland. And I want to get back a.s.a.p.

What's Wales like? Did you feel it was any different from Scotland?

What's Wales like? Did you feel it was any different from Scotland?

It's different, but nevertheless on of the most beautiful corners of GB. I stayed in Swansea. Swansea bay has one of the greatest differences in high/low tide. Near Swansea is Mumbles (hometown of Cathrine Zeta Jones), a very nice little town at the sea. The kindness of the people there is the same as in Scotland. I still have friends in Swansea; I even had there a great experience with the british law system as a witness in a crime case. Felt like in "Witness for the prosecution".

Wales is also worth a visit; I am a railway enthusiast, so the many narrow-gauge railways in Wales are a reason for me to come back.