The Emma-Watson.net Forum

New Theme Parks

they couldnt make one in the UK? one theme park is enough in the US

Slash, Great Britain IS the greatest Harry-Potter Themepark in the world. Because, besides of the Studios in Watford, you can follow the footsteps of Harry Potter on various locations. For example, Go to Wales and the the bay, in which Dobby was burried. Go to Scotland and ride the railway-line over the Glenfinnan-Viaduct. Go down to the "Bonnie Prince Charly"-memorial there and imagine, where could Hogwarts be on the shores of the loch......

I really need no Theme-park in GB. All I need is this beautyful country, a little bit of location-research, a map and imagination.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

one theme park is enough in the US

That would be a horrible business model. You're talking about theme parks that are about 3,000 miles apart on each coast of the US. The population of America is over 300 million, and the fan base here is huge. California alone has a population of about 37 million not to mention the countless visitors that come to California each year. The amount of income it could generate in California alone is somewhat staggering. If anything I'm surprised the US doesn't have more HP theme parks.

That would be a horrible business model. You're talking about theme parks that are about 3,000 miles apart on each coast of the US. The population of America is over 300 million, and the fan base here is huge. California alone has a population of about 37 million not to mention the countless visitors that come to California each year. The amount of income it could generate in California alone is somewhat staggering. If anything I'm surprised the US doesn't have more HP theme parks.

Are HP fans an easily exploitable bunch tho? Or would they rely on small kids forcing their families to visit? Discuss.

they couldnt make one in the UK? one theme park is enough in the US

I know, I seen it on television (BBC news) and I read in the newspaper the following morning there is uproar about there not being one in the UK. I guess we just don't have the money or space.

Funny how there will soon be more HP theme parks than Disney. :P

Edited by Mockingjay

Are HP fans an easily exploitable bunch tho? Or would they rely on small kids forcing their families to visit? Discuss.

That depends on your definition of exploitable, if you mean does a consumer group exist that would cater to a Harry Potter theme park then I'd say absolutely. There several theme parks in Southern California alone, Disney Land, California Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, I could go on but you get my point. You can argue that small kids forcing families to go to a theme park make up a portion of their profits, and I'd even agree it's a sizable portion, but if they were reliant on that alone they would have crashed and burned a long time ago. Southern California alone has the base to support an HP theme park and given the wild popularity of Harry Potter I can only see it flourishing.

Most people I know (who are my age, so no, not little kids) kind of do the theme park tours. You don't just go to one, you go to them all over a week! They DEFINITELY need more HP theme parks in North America. :P

Plus, there's more space for things like that in North America. We have all this land just ready for theme parks. :D

still i'd say what's the point of having another HP theme park in the US, youse got Disney world, and all that stuff and if they really are HP hardcore fans, they'd go to the end of the world just to visit the theme park, and seriously UK should get at least one HP theme park, since it is originally came from the UK, its just disrespectful towards UK film association, but then again whoever have got the money got the power. thats the end of my argument, tyvm

still i'd say what's the point of having another HP theme park in the US, youse got Disney world, and all that stuff and if they really are HP hardcore fans, they'd go to the end of the world just to visit the theme park, and seriously UK should get at least one HP theme park, since it is originally came from the UK, its just disrespectful towards UK film association, but then again whoever have got the money got the power. thats the end of my argument, tyvm

But there isn't a large corporation that says where all the theme parks in the world go. The US has the resources and companies willing to build a theme park here vs the UK which apparently lacks them, although I thought there was an HP theme park being built there? Hardcore fans are willing to travel but keep in mind it costs significantly less to travel say 100-200 miles to get to a theme park by car versus getting a passport and buying a ticket to London. I don't see how it's disrespectful, at the end of the day it's just a theme park, and if that's something to get upset over these days we've got larger issues than where to build theme parks.