The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Pope is on twitter

So far he is clearly behind Emma in terms of followers.

I'm a bit torn about adherence to the Pope's messages ("Offer everything you do to the Lord") and Emma's commandments ("Go see XY!").

Who has more relevance and why?

So far he is clearly behind Emma in terms of followers.

I'm a bit torn about adherence to the Pope's messages ("Offer everything you do to the Lord") and Emma's commandments ("Go see XY!").

Who has more relevance and why?

Hmmm, Emma is a goddess in her own rights, the pope is just member of the ground staff..... B)

*hitmeoverthehead* ..... no sarcasm, Jonny! It's Christmas time! :huh:

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Wow this probably wins the award for most random topic.

It depends on people's belief's. I'm not a member of the God Squad, so I definitely won't follow the pope.

Obvs i follow Emma though.

Meh, Pope. :P

I was pretty stoked when the Dalai Lama joined Twitter. I'm an atheist so the Pope really isn't my "thing" but the Dalai Lama's tweets are all about being a good person and warmhearted and grateful, which is something I can relate with.

A tweet of his from recently that I love is "I always try to share with others the idea that in order to become compassionate it is not necessary to become religious." :D

**off topic, but I found that so funny**

The pope has died and arrives after a long journey at the waiting room for heaven.

St.Peter, doorman and guard, approaches him.

"Good afternoon, my son, welcome to heaven. Please, can you tell me, who you are?"

"My name is Benedict!"

"And?"

"My name is Benedict and I am the pope!"

"Well, that means.....?"

"I am gods representative on earth...."

St.Peter looked surprised.

"You are - what?"

"I am the pope, the representative of God on earth. Head of the holy mother church!"

"Never heard about it!"

"You are kidding!" said the pope, a little bit impatient.

"Sorry, guy, but I have never heard about such a thing.... church. But all right, I will ask...."

And St.Peter walkes back into heaven. Third floor, management-department.

He knocks at one of the doors.

"Come in!"

God is sitting behind a great table full of papers and books.

"Sorry, Sir, to disdurb you, but...."

"Yes, Peter, what is it?"

"I have a customer in the waiting aera. He says, he is the pope and your representative on earth...."

God shook his head.

"What crazy idea. I know nothing about it. I have no branch on earth and no representative. Funny...."

And both laughed.

Another door opend. A man with long hair and a beard looked out of his office.

"What's so funny here?" he asked.

God stopped laughing.

"Jesus, there is a man in the waiting room, saying that he is the pope and my representative on earth....."

"Oh, whow. That's interesting. Wait, I will check...."

And Jesus disappeared.

Ten minutes later he came back, laughing with tears.

"Whats so funny?" asked God.

"Wait.... wait a moment..." said Jesus, still laughing.

He needed some time to calm down.

"Dad, remember the fishing club I founded 2000 years ago at Galiläa?"

"Yes...."

"Hihi, the club still exists......"

And in heaven the laughter of God, Jesus and St.Peter echoed around for hours.....

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Oh boy...I have so many things I want to say but I shouldn't. I'm not a fan of the pope, let's keep it at that. I think that the message of the pope is pretty disturbing. No one should unquestionably offer everything to someone else, whether that is a god or a human being or an invisible pink unicorn.

**off topic, but I found that so funny**

The pope has died and arrives after a long journey at the waiting room for heaven.

St.Peter, doorman and guard, approaches him.

"Good afternoon, my son, welcome to heaven. Please, can you tell me, who you are?"

"My name is Benedict!"

"And?"

"My name is Benedict and I am the pope!"

"Well, that means.....?"

"I am gods representative on earth...."

St.Peter looked surprised.

"You are - what?"

"I am the pope, the representative of God on earth. Head of the holy mother church!"

"Never heard about it!"

"You are kidding!" said the pope, a little bit impatient.

"Sorry, guy, but I have never heard about such a thing.... church. But all right, I will ask...."

And St.Peter walkes back into heaven. Third floor, management-department.

He knocks at one of the doors.

"Come in!"

God is sitting behind a great table full of papers and books.

"Sorry, Sir, to disdurb you, but...."

"Yes, Peter, what is it?"

"I have a customer in the waiting aera. He says, he is the pope and your representative on earth...."

God shook his head.

"What crazy idea. I know nothing about it. I have no branch on earth and no representative. Funny...."

And both laughed.

Another door opend. A man with long hair and a beard looked out of his office.

"What's so funny here?" he asked.

God stopped laughing.

"Jesus, there is a man in the waiting room, saying that he is the pope and my representative on earth....."

"Oh, whow. That's interesting. Wait, I will check...."

And Jesus disappeared.

Ten minutes later he came back, laughing with tears.

"Whats so funny?" asked God.

"Wait.... wait a moment..." said Jesus, still laughing.

He needed some time to calm down.

"Dad, remember the fishing club I founded 2000 years ago at Galiläa?"

"Yes...."

"Hihi, the club still exists......"

And in heaven the laughter of God, Jesus and St.Peter echoed around for hours.....

And lol :P

Oh boy...I have so many things I want to say but I shouldn't.

C'mon, let it out. I'm p. sure the Pope isn't going to read it anyways.

Lots of converts to the cult of Emma it seems. Well, I can relate to that. She has it all - a fascinating personality. An enigmatic relationship to the makers of public opinion. And stigmata. Well, scratch the stigmata. Didn't see her palms much in HP, ever. They could be there. :huh:

edit: I found the Dalai Lama's tweets quite underwhelming. Dunno why Emma follows him. Maybe she wanted to pick up some tricks of the trade if she ever got her own cult going in earnest.

Edited by Sacred_Path

Can't believe you guys are just finding out about this now!!

It was all over the news a couple of weeks ago.

Last week people were tweeting hilarious questions and such to the Pope's account. I forgot what exactly was trending but it was funny.

I don't really care either way about this. I just think its a strange idea. Why exactly does the Pope need a twitter? What is he hoping to gain from this? Because I don't know about you guys, but I do not use Twitter for religious purposes haha

I don't really care either way about this. I just think its a strange idea. Why exactly does the Pope need a twitter? What is he hoping to gain from this? Because I don't know about you guys, but I do not use Twitter for religious purposes haha

Personally, I love the potential.

"I haz a new choirboy. U mad?"

"Dining in the ol' palazzo on 17th century china. U jelly?"

<3

at least he is at the moment more twittering then Emma..... :huh:

Also he's learned how to get out of a car properly so people can't take pictures up his mitre.

Latest tweet:

Mary is filled with joy on learning that she is to be the mother of Jesus, God’s Son made man. True joy comes from union with God

Obviously there are joys only God can bestow on a woman. When is your retort coming, Emma? WHEN?

Well, here are my 5 of my recent tweets:

"Choking to death on almond roca and nobody in the office is helping me. <3"

"Don't really wanna make it tough I just wanna tell you that I had enough it might sound crazy but it ain't no lie BABY BYE BYE BYYYEEE."

"Do you ever have an insatiable urge to do dramatic performances to 80s music around your office? #heartbreaker #donchyamessaroundwithme"

"THIS IS MY 10K TWEET ON THIS ACCOUNT, PEASANTS!"

"EX-TER-MIN-ATE."

... So I'd say it's a little bit of both, really.

• 2 weeks later...

The Pope shares personal insights and encourages fan... err faithful interaction:

What family Christmas tradition from your childhood do you still remember?

The cribs that we built in our home gave me much pleasure. We added figures each year and used moss for decoration.

His way of interacting with followers should satisfy even the more *cough* discerning among us. Does the Pope handle his PR better than Emma? Discuss plz. :doh:

His way of interacting with followers should satisfy even the more *cough* discerning among us. Does the Pope handle his PR better than Emma? Discuss plz. :doh:

Easy for me: Emma is Emma. The pope is just a represetative. I want to hear from the boss, not from a guy in second line. <_<

Easy for me: Emma is Emma. The pope is just a represetative.

I think he knows that. That's why he keeps looking for attention.

But would you rather listen to the Pope talking about moss growing or to Emma saying sweet nothings? It's too difficult I can't decide O GOD HPALP

I think he knows that. That's why he keeps looking for attention.

But would you rather listen to the Pope talking about moss growing or to Emma saying sweet nothings? It's too difficult I can't decide O GOD HPALP

If I would have what we call a "green thumb" I would like to hear about the methods in old Ratzingers home, how to grow moss. I have no green thumb, so no need to hear about. And Emma is not tweeting "sweet nothings", if she really wants. See today's messages. I think, you cannot compare the two. She is 22 and extremly beautiful, he is 86 and a pre-saint. So ...... :huh:

I think, you cannot compare the two.

I've come to realize they're almost a perfect fit. They're both mostly observing, occasionally outspoken. They seem to share a vague feeling of public responsibility. I think they should go on a (formal) date together; just take this latest tweet:

When we entrust ourselves to the Lord completely, everything changes. We are children of a Father who loves us, and never leaves us.

This is relevant because I think -with all due respect- that Emma has some slight daddy issues. So they could toss around some ideas on the sense of belonging, while Emma could educate him on matters of mascara and the difficulties of modern womanhood. He could tell her how to succesfully grow moss (and save your soul). <3