The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma in "This Is The End"

Sometimes you want to work on super fun, effortless projects with your friends for a few days. It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp. :P

I definitly think that there are better concepts for comedies with Emma out there. But if she thinks that it helps her.... At least, the axe is maybe a new way to handle the paps...

Do really hope, that in real life she is surrounded by smarter and more intelligent people....

I just need to respond to this bit. I actually can't believe you don't know how intelligent James Franco actually is. The media is always going on about it. Anyways, let me fill you in.

He went back to school in 2006 to UCLA. He got his undergrad there. He went on toe get graduate degrees at Columbia, Tish, and Brooklyn College all at the same time. 3 different schools, 3 different graduate degrees. He is currently in a PhD program at Yale. Also, currently attending Rhode Island School of Design (which many think is the best Design school out there). All this while acting. This is all recent and he has been in a ton of movies. He will continue to go back to school and get more degrees basically just for fun.

Cleary Emma needs to choose someone smarter and more intelligent... :rolleyes:

Just because an actor chooses to be in a comedy does not meant they are not an intelligent person. We all have times where we act silly, no one can be serious all the time.

I just need to respond to this bit. I actually can't believe you don't know how intelligent James Franco actually is. The media is always going on about it. Anyways, let me fill you in.

He went back to school in 2006 to UCLA. He got his undergrad there. He went on toe get graduate degrees at Columbia, Tish, and Brooklyn College all at the same time. 3 different schools, 3 different graduate degrees. He is currently in a PhD program at Yale. Also, currently attending Rhode Island School of Design (which many think is the best Design school out there). All this while acting. This is all recent and he has been in a ton of movies. He will continue to go back to school and get more degrees basically just for fun.

Cleary Emma needs to choose someone smarter and more intelligent... :rolleyes:

Just because an actor chooses to be in a comedy does not meant they are not an intelligent person. We all have times where we act silly, no one can be serious all the time.

Arie,

thank you for bringing me up do date. Nevertheless, also if a person holds 100 graduate degrees from different universities, this is no guarantee that this person is a good actor, a good writer or a good director or somebody who can bring a good comedy on screen. For me this "movie" is only nonsense and a waste of time and talent. I really hope that Emma will appear some day in a real comedy with a leading part; she can do it and there is much more than running around with an axe.......

Oh, and talking about real comedies: I am thinking on movies like the stuff by Billy Wilder, Mel Brooks. Intelligent comedy, perfectly performed.

Oh, and talking about real comedies: I am thinking on movies like the stuff by Billy Wilder, Mel Brooks. Intelligent comedy, perfectly performed.

Emma acting on a Mel Brooks script, pretty plz! :excited: It would have to happen soon though. I don't think he'll be walking around on this earth for much longer.

Emma acting on a Mel Brooks script, pretty plz! :excited: It would have to happen soon though. I don't think he'll be walking around on this earth for much longer.

I was just refering to the QUALITY of his hillarious comedies. I do not think that he will ever do a movie again. Sad enough. "It's good to be the king!" and "Count de Money" were running gags in my youth.

Thank you, Mel!

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

Arie,

thank you for bringing me up do date. Nevertheless, also if a person holds 100 graduate degrees from different universities, this is no guarantee that this person is a good actor, a good writer or a good director or somebody who can bring a good comedy on screen. For me this "movie" is only nonsense and a waste of time and talent. I really hope that Emma will appear some day in a real comedy with a leading part; she can do it and there is much more than running around with an axe.......

I was simply replying to a comment you made about intelligence. No where was talent mentioned. My point is exactly the one you are trying to make. You are choosing to believe that these actors aren't intelligence due to the quality of the humor in this movie. Intelligence and talent do not need to go together. They may. But, you choose to point out that Emma should surround herself with intelligent people. You did not say talented. That is what I chose to respond too.

Nevertheless, it doesn't matter what any of us think. Emma knows what is best for her. I will support her in her choices. They may have been made for reasons we do not know.

I was simply replying to a comment you made about intelligence. No where was talent mentioned. My point is exactly the one you are trying to make. You are choosing to believe that these actors aren't intelligence due to the quality of the humor in this movie. Intelligence and talent do not need to go together. They may. But, you choose to point out that Emma should surround herself with intelligent people. You did not say talented. That is what I chose to respond too.

Nevertheless, it doesn't matter what any of us think. Emma knows what is best for her. I will support her in her choices. They may have been made for reasons we do not know.

Well, Arie, for me it is the same. Only very intelligent people are able to write good scripts and are able to act in a way Nick Grimshaw described it: "After 10 minutes I forgot that it was you, Emma!". We have of course to accept her choices, but, heaven, she picked "Perks" and "Bling", why such a creepy thing in which she is playing "herself"? This is the point; is this now a real portrait of her (Emma would react in that way....) or is it again only a character, she slips in? Many questions and no real answers. And, sorry, supporting her means in a way also spending money on movies, she does. I spent a lot for Potter, Perks, Week with M., even for Ballett shoes (my son nearly killed me when he found out that I bought the movie, in which she "acted" really for the first time). But for this one? Maybe I will try to get the outcuts of her appearances, but not a cent/penny for the movie itself......

^ I think I'm the only one here who will say I think Emma is the only part of the movie I'd care to watch. Not a fan of junior high humor.

No because I come third after Neve. When I watched the trailer I just forwarded to emma's appearance. I'll enjoy though.

Edited by MrsClaus

practically charlie sheen played himselfe in two and a half men and it was a great comedy xD

I think its a good change for her: new genre for her, more experience etc and only took her a couple of weeks. I dont see the problem here

Personally I liked the trailer. I laughed at "Michael Cera's gone so it's not a total loss!" I loved the movies PINEAPPLE EXPRESS, SUPERBAD and KNOCKED UP, these guys were apart of so I'm glad she's going to be doing this.

I love Mel Brooks too but come on, remember the farting scene in "Blazing Saddles"?

I think it'll be as funny as when Dan Radcliffe "played himself" in EXTRAS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrSH_UOaO9w

I love Mel Brooks too but come on, remember the farting scene in "Blazing Saddles"?

I think it'll be as funny as when Dan Radcliffe "played himself" in EXTRAS.

I remember the scene, but I remember 200 other great scenes..... But I admire him how he dealt with very difficult topics like Hitler..... He was the first director and producer to make fun about "The Fuehrer". And "History of the world" and "The Producers" are on my alltime top-favourites list....

I didn't know "EXTRA", thank you for filling me in...... But also this short clips showing the difference between Daniel and Emma. Daniel is a wonderful actor, he has pushed his limits at a very early stage very high (thinking on 'Equus'), he already played different roles in different types of movies and TV-series. He was present on stage with a musical.....

Emma (and this is NOT a critic) instead was up to now only casted as (school)girl. Of course she did a wonderful job in "Perks", she was lovely in "My week with Marylin", she showed us that she really could act in "Ballet shoes", maybe she will be more tempting in "Bling Ring", but I miss a real acting challange for her up to now. Even in Noah she is only a 16(!) year old girl and if she does "Beauty and the Beast" she is again only the beautiful girl.... She is nearly 23 now, so there should be other skripts around and not only "girlish"-ones. I really do hope that this challange comes soon, because the danger, that she will stuck in that "girl-mode" for the film industry is eminent.....

Emma Stone's first film role was as Jules in "Superbad" in 2007, and now she's one of the biggest young actresses in Hollywood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDC9hrNVeIM

Right; but Emma Watson has no need to become "great". She IS great, a real star, after the Potter-movies and "MwwM" and "Perks" and "Bling". In Perks she showed us that she is much, much more then "Hermione". So, in my opinion, no need to take part in such a "movie".