The Emma-Watson.net Forum

12 Grimmauld Place

Ah Kim I'm so jealous. Love those gifs.

How can you get such pretty colorful gifs with that tiny size? :mellow:

Thanks Boma :) I don't know :P Just zoom in and play with selective colour, colour balance and brightness, curves too sometimes until it looks better.

the first and the last one, cool gifs, the second one is jst amazing.. and i didnt know Snape can pull a spinning karate kick lol

love them Kimmie, well done.. u nver stop to amaze me

Thank you Ardi!

Ditto what the Aussie said. And I don't know if I commented on your photos of Piha. My God Kimberley. wth! If only I can be like the amazing photographer you are :sob:

No, really though, I'm wishing I had hell of a lot more wall space for everyone's photographs. I only have the picture of the broken down building on my computer desk right now, and a French postcard. But, I think I'm swapping it for the other broken glass picture to complete the set.

I'm totally stealing one of those Piha pictures. I think the best thing I can do is get a collage frame.

And the GIFs. Girlffrieend. The qualities of them (color-wise) are all phenomenal! :excited: The only thing I noted with the first two is that they stagger more than the last, which is a definite overall improvement if you did that at the end of the night.

I wish I had that knowledge lol.

LOL, you have no idea how much I laughed at the "bed" comment. :doh: . Can't wait to see those textures and brushes in your work.

Keep it up girrrl. If you become famous, I'm ninja-ing your autograph on a Kiwi dollar note. loool.

You are as good as me! Haha, thanks again for using my pictures!

I agree with Madeline on the pictures Kimberley!

I love your photography and the footprints in the sand picture along with the 9th picture in the set (Looking at the sun set from the top of the ropped pathway leading to the beach) are simply breath taking. :o

*get this old man some oxygen*

*faints*

Oh gosh, *calls the ambulance immediately* Thank you very much Jonny :o

Got some new stuffff, rather plain siggy and avy set (but learned how to remove bad pixels that were all over the picture), a few animations and flame photos.

Yes... I just realised I made a typo 'Dracro' :lostit: I was going to use it as my sig but won't now :lol:

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're getting better at making gifs, not that u werent, but they're amazing.. how did u get the types? like the one on "cant u stop eating" gif. i love the gifs and pics.. where'd u get the flame pics from??

edit: accidentally press post before i finished lol.. keep up the good work Kim.. amazing as always

Edited by Slash

My absolute favorite out of this set has to be the last animation, with the rock and water. I go for anything with water--something that can portray the flow of it captures me. Typically, how many frames does it take to make one gif? How many frames did it take to make that one?

Also, is there a limit as to how long your frames (or overall animation) can run for? I've always scene gifs that last no more than four seconds. Can they last longer?

Your new signature and avatar set is great. It was the first thing I noted last night before I even knew you posted in this thread this morning. I could be wrong (I'm trying to learn :P ), but I feel that the signature has a bit of a soft glow/blur around the edges of objects. Is this true? I believe it fits well with the wall color and shells. It's a soft touch, which would sort of (if one were to just see this graphic and nothing else) offer the idea that Bill and Fleur's home is warm and welcoming.

I favor the first flame picture over the second one, though I'm not exactly sure what you did with the picture (or if you had created the flames :unsure: ). At least, to me, the first looks a bit more realistic.

I did enjoy the middle two animations (Hermione hitting Ron with the book...my fav part everrrr...and the Snape and Harry one). There isn't as much stagger in these as your first, which notes your steady pace of progress.

Typppooo on the first animation :P . LOL. Actually, I didn't even notice the typo until you pointed it out in your post :o . looool. The best thing I love about this one is the slowness of it. I guess because that one lasts about 3 seconds instead of 2? Well, there isn't much going on in the frame; so, I feel like I don't hallucinate when I see it. :lol: Honestly, though, font fits the picture perfectly.

Overall, really great work. It seems like your dedication to studying is finally paying off. ;)

you're getting better at making gifs, not that u werent, but they're amazing.. how did u get the types? like the one on "cant u stop eating" gif. i love the gifs and pics.. where'd u get the flame pics from??

edit: accidentally press post before i finished lol.. keep up the good work Kim.. amazing as always

Showed you on msn ;) I took the flame photos, from a fireplace.

I really like the Draco one. xD

Thanks Jade.

My absolute favorite out of this set has to be the last animation, with the rock and water. I go for anything with water--something that can portray the flow of it captures me. Typically, how many frames does it take to make one gif? How many frames did it take to make that one?

Also, is there a limit as to how long your frames (or overall animation) can run for? I've always scene gifs that last no more than four seconds. Can they last longer?

Your new signature and avatar set is great. It was the first thing I noted last night before I even knew you posted in this thread this morning. I could be wrong (I'm trying to learn :P ), but I feel that the signature has a bit of a soft glow/blur around the edges of objects. Is this true? I believe it fits well with the wall color and shells. It's a soft touch, which would sort of (if one were to just see this graphic and nothing else) offer the idea that Bill and Fleur's home is warm and welcoming.

I favor the first flame picture over the second one, though I'm not exactly sure what you did with the picture (or if you had created the flames). At least, to me, the first looks a bit more realistic.

I did enjoy the middle two animations (Hermione hitting Ron with the book...my fav part everrrr...and the Snape and Harry one). There isn't as much stagger in these as your first, which notes your steady pace of progress.

Typppooo on the first animation :P . LOL. Actually, I didn't even notice the typo until you pointed it out in your post :o . looool. The best thing I love about this one is the slowness of it. I guess because that one lasts about 3 seconds instead of 2? Well, there isn't much going on in the frame; so, I feel like I don't hallucinate when I see it. :lol: Honestly, though, font fits the picture perfectly.

Overall, really great work. It seems like your dedication to studying is finally paying off.

The water gif was about... 4 frames? Very short one. I think they can last longer than 4 seconds, but I'm not completely sure.

Yes it has blurring :P I'm going a bit overboard with it lately lol. I agree about warm and welcoming.

It was a real fire. I took the photos xD Thanks for all the lovely positive feedback :o

awesome photography!!!

Thanks Ashley!

i looove the gifs :D

Thank you :)

New sig and av too :P

The water gif was about... 4 frames? Very short one. I think they can last longer than 4 seconds, but I'm not completely sure.

Yes it has blurring :P I'm going a bit overboard with it lately lol. I agree about warm and welcoming.

It was a real fire. I took the photos xD Thanks for all the lovely positive feedback :o

No problem. I felt like I should offer more than "Amazing!" Or "OMG, AWESOME!" I don't know too much about the graphics process or tools anymore, but i'd like to try to help.

Didn't know you took the flame photos. The second was a little odd and intriguing. I've never had a fireplace, though I have sat in front of others' fireplaces and I have never quite paid that much attention as to the variation of color in the flame. Love them both.

As for this graphic, it looks great. I am not sure who is in it, but they fit in quite well with the background. Again, you have a great eye for things like this. ;)

No problem. I felt like I should offer more than "Amazing!" Or "OMG, AWESOME!" I don't know too much about the graphics process or tools anymore, but i'd like to try to help.

Didn't know you took the flame photos. The second was a little odd and intriguing. I've never had a fireplace, though I have sat in front of others' fireplaces and I have never quite paid that much attention as to the variation of color in the flame. Love them both.

As for this graphic, it looks great. I am not sure who is in it, but they fit in quite well with the background. Again, you have a great eye for things like this. ;)

Thanks Kim :P

Is that Home and Away? If it is, I LOVE IT!

Yesss it is Home and Away!

Let's see if this works, shall we...

This picture above links to a PSD file, for photoshop users only. If you like the colouring, try it out :) Just download, open it in photoshop, drag the layers to another picture. Here are a couple of things (only for the first PSD) so learners can get the gist.

If anyone finds it useful just comment and I'll post some more :yesyes:

did u made it lighter? thats kool.. i know how to changed colour to black and white (maybe, forget how) but i hardly know how to change colours like that let alone making it lighter ;p its great tho what u did, its awesome <3 ;p

This picture above links to a PSD file, for photoshop users only. If you like the colouring, try it out :) Just download, open it in photoshop, drag the layers to another picture. Here are a couple of things (only for the first PSD) so learners can get the gist.

I don't...wait, no...I can't comprehend how you did that. O_O I don't even want to know. Wait, I do...but i'd love to stare dumbfounded at it for the next week or so. Slackjaw, eyes searching, open like this :0_0: trying to catch every adjustment, and maybe with hunched shoulders, hands down on the table in disbelief.

I think I gave a pretty damn good description of myself at how awestruck I am by that.

Phenomenal. Woot!

Edited by Prongs

did u made it lighter? thats kool.. i know how to changed colour to black and white (maybe, forget how) but i hardly know how to change colours like that let alone making it lighter ;p its great tho what u did, its awesome <3 ;p

It's easy, I can show you sometime :P Thank you Ardi.

I don't...wait, no...I can't comprehend how you did that. O_O I don't even want to know. Wait, I do...but i'd love to stare dumbfounded at it for the next week or so. Slackjaw, eyes searching, open like this :0_0: trying to catch every adjustment, and maybe with hunched shoulders, hands down on the table in disbelief.

I think I gave a pretty damn good description of myself at how awestruck I am by that.

Phenomenal. Woot!

Thanks Kim! :0_0: It looks kind of how new TV's do in shops where they're half normal TV and the other half is that TV's quality :P Looks cool. Wow, thanks again xoxo

your stuff is beautiful :o

:) Thanks.

Not sure if I like this or not (and the last wallpaper) lol.

The wallpaper looks beautiful! I really like your ideas! :D

But just a suggestion, for the Clemence Poesy wallpaper... the pink stroke around the text could've been thinner or with a drop shadow or something. But it looks lovely :)

Edited by Surya

UM WHAT. how are you so amazing. I love this so much.

WOW.... epicness!! :o

Thanks everyone :)

:sob: Not looking forward to... ehem... in DH Part 2.

love the colours, again you and colours lol.. it matches perfectly <3 and the W lol.. awesome hahaha

all in all, great work you, keep it up!!