The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma's Christmas Message 2012

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell, what is up with all this arguing?

EW forum is a mint place. Don't ruin it with your faggy and childish bickering or I'll get involved and start saying things I shouldn't

Speaking for me: Some 70 years ago we had a guy here in Austria (and also in Germany) who tried to tell people, what they are allowed to say and think. Some members of my family didn't cooperate and payed a very high price for their own opinion and free speech. So please NEVER tell ME what I should say or think. You can disprove me with better arguments, but never try to threaten me!

Oh, and all of you have a nice Boxing day!

Okay, could we go back to English again otherwise I have to start quoting forum rules and I really don't want to do that.

Sorry Eric, had too much fun with spanish, me hace....sorry did it again.

Ok I an going to say this once and once only...please Johnny quit dumping on Emma because she doesnt send out individual, personal tweets or longer tweets. A) it is Christmas and she is spending it with her family B) she took time to wish people a Merry Christmas that most would not do. Emma doesnt use twitter alot so I dont get why you get so annoyed with her contact with fans. I say your NY resolution Johnny is to stop dumping on Emma's contact with her fans. She has no obligations whatsoever to inform us of what she does in her day. As a fan, I get super annoyed with your biting and nasty sarcasm so please stop. Emma is a sweet person with a generous heart (tweets about Camfed support for example) and who gets equally excited for anything Potter related as her Potter fans do :)

Anywho, with that said MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY BOXING DAY to my UK buddies! :)

Ok I an going to say this once and once only...please Johnny quit dumping on Emma because she doesnt send out individual, personal tweets or longer tweets. A) it is Christmas and she is spending it with her family B) she took time to wish people a Merry Christmas that most would not do. Emma doesnt use twitter alot so I dont get why you get so annoyed with her contact with fans. I say your NY resolution Johnny is to stop dumping on Emma's contact with her fans. She has no obligations whatsoever to inform us of what she does in her day. As a fan, I get super annoyed with your biting and nasty sarcasm so please stop. Emma is a sweet person with a generous heart (tweets about Camfed support for example) and who gets equally excited for anything Potter related as her Potter fans do :)

Anywho, with that said MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY BOXING DAY to my UK buddies! :)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

What have I done this time? :sob: I only wrote that her christmas-tweet was three words (true) and that she did short video clips for christmas until 2010 (true). Funny, short clips, made within a minute - as you can see. With no word I expected something longer or "individual" (this would be impossible, having 6,5 million followers). And how long and personal can a message with 140 characters be?

And I tried to find a funny excuse for the fact that she does not make videoclips anymore since 2010. Funny, because speculating about the real reason would be--- just speculation, I avoided not called "picking" on her. I never expected or wanted intimate details about her program for christmas (how did you get that idea) and that she is not very social on a social network is also nothing new and was not commented by me in any way because it is commonly known and I think it is boring to repeat that every week.

My point of view on her PR-work (and not on herself, please recognise this difference) has nothing to do with Emma as a human beeing. Emma is - as you said - a wonderful, adorable, sweet, generous.... young lady, a brilliant actress, a unbeatable fashion-model, a perfect daughter to her parents, shortcut a girl you want to have in your own family, but this has nothing to do with the fact, that in my opinion her PR-work (not the PR-work done by studios for her movies) would need some light improvements........

Due to public interest and the fact that Emma has tweeted this year for Christmas only three words for her fans, here is a repetition of her Christmas message from 2009 (at least 32 seconds for us).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQM78DHtYEY

Is every single topic on this forum going to turn into an argument with you whining about Emma not meeting one of your many demands and you being snarky while talking down to whomever calls you out on it? I bet if she doesn't post anything on her birthday you are going to complain that the birthday girl didn't give YOU a gift, as if it's YOUR birthday.

We didn't ask Emma to send those video messages. She made them on her own because she had enough time to do so and probably figured she could give her fans a special surprise. Just like she doesn't ask us for birthday and christmas projects, but we make them anyway because we want to give her a gift. She hasn't been able to do that since she has a lot more projects on her plate, and this month alone she spent a few days in Africa for CamFed shortly before Christmas. And even the Christmas video message "tradition" isn't really that since she only did it a couple of times(most of her video messages are for her birthday). Her actual Christmas tradition is that she has a mini-Christmas section on her official site(which she had this year) and usually a written message wishing everyone a Merry Christmas(which she also did this year.

Is every single topic on this forum going to turn into an argument with you whining about Emma not meeting one of your many demands and you being snarky while talking down to whomever calls you out on it? I bet if she doesn't post anything on her birthday you are going to complain that the birthday girl didn't give YOU a gift, as if it's YOUR birthday.

We didn't ask Emma to send those video messages. She made them on her own because she had enough time to do so and probably figured she could give her fans a special surprise. Just like she doesn't ask us for birthday and christmas projects, but we make them anyway because we want to give her a gift. She hasn't been able to do that since she has a lot more projects on her plate, and this month alone she spent a few days in Africa for CamFed shortly before Christmas. And even the Christmas video message "tradition" isn't really that since she only did it a couple of times(most of her video messages are for her birthday). Her actual Christmas tradition is that she has a mini-Christmas section on her official site(which she had this year) and usually a written message wishing everyone a Merry Christmas(which she also did this year.

Yesyes..... <_<

I do not argue about something, you and other members here are writing LONG messages about what she does and what she not does. Checked?

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

Like some others of us, Jonny obviously has his own ideas about "his" perfect Emma, and likes to share some of his ideas on those qualities with others. The more approval he gets, the more "right" he is. :rolleyes:

Jonny if you want more than 3 words from her for xmas then a little funny whining about it is ok, but actually posting a message from years ago ?

Naaah.....

Like some others of us, Jonny obviously has his own ideas about "his" perfect Emma, and likes to share some of his ideas on those qualities with others. The more approval he gets, the more "right" he is. :rolleyes:

Jonny if you want more than 3 words from her for xmas then a little funny whining about it is ok, but actually posting a message from years ago ?

Naaah.....

The content of the message was neutral, so it fitted for 2012, too. And I NEVER wanted more. People read what they want to read, I suppose.... :blink:

Oh, and again. Emma as person IS perfect. What is not perfect in my opinion, is her way to communicate with her fans. But I think, I said this before, so sorry.

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

And I thought the way you communicate with others (and the importance you place on it) was an integral part of a personality....so if parts are flawed, how can the whole be perfect ?

:ph34r: Philosophical discussion on the nature of Emma's perfect-ness lol ... on second thought, let's not get into it. :ph34r:

And I thought the way you communicate with others (and the importance you place on it) was an integral part of a personality....so if parts are flawed, how can the whole be perfect ?

:ph34r: Philosophical discussion on the nature of Emma's perfect-ness lol ... on second thought, let's not get into it. :ph34r:

Answer is simple: business / private

Nobody's perfect. And I'm also sick of being referred to as "a member of the "Emma is a godess, she never makes something wrong"-group" by Jonny because... I'm not. I'd never idolize someone like that, but Jonny seems to have this weird idea that if we don't criticize someone it's because we're worshiping them. :sweatdrop: When ACTUALLY I just don't believe in being a shitty person, regardless of whether or not they're a "celebrity" or whatever. Constant criticism of Emma or her PR team or whatnot is unnecessary. But since 99% of what someone posts is such criticism, it's easy to see how said person may post something that isn't DIRECTLY an attack, and still be seen as such since ALL we're used to is this negativity surrounding this person.

KS987 is totally right of course... you don't demand gifts from people. That's not what Christmas is all about! I give gifts to everyone I care about, and if they don't give me anything back, I don't post passive aggressive remarks on forums (and then try to pretend they were completely innocent and not passive aggressive at all). :P

This really seems to depend on the bias with which you regard the OP. Some people's (including me) day is brightened up by a short message from Emma. Tweets are nice, videos are even more nicerer.

I think one day she'll realize the amazing power she has of making someone's day even if she is a bit reluctant about it now.

Johnny, first off I apologize for my curtness. We are all entitled to our opinions. However, what I find hard to understand is the level of interest we in general as fans have in celebrities. I mean to be upset over Emma not tweeting what she is doing 24/7 over the holidays or sending a holiday message is wrong. Also, hate to say it but Emma really doesnt need any PR help. Uhm as far as I know she, Rupert, Dan all made MILLIONS these last 10 years and don't technically ever need to work again. Emma doesnt want (according to what I have read/heard from her in interviews) the fame or notoriety anymore. I mean these kids (now adults) have been in the public eye since they were 11. All they want now is some privacy and maybe "interacting" with fans in minute ways or as little as possible is what they focus on more now since really their lives were put out there for everyone to see. Which is fine! They don't owe us anything. I personally love when Emma puts awareness out on her twitter about CamFed-as a result some friends and myself have donated each time. I dont need to hear from Emma I am eating an ice cream cone yum! LOL I mean yeah it would be cute to hear stuff like this but I wont be saddened by it. As for not doing a Christmas message this year, well we all get busy that time of year. Not to mention the young lady was working for the last few months. Also, alot of celebrities dont even take the time to wish a Merry Christmas, and Emma did that so why we need to complain about her not spending more time keeping in touch with us is kind of silly. Anywho, just my 2 cents :)

Anyway with that said HAPPY 2013 yall!!! :)

Johnny, first off I apologize for my curtness. We are all entitled to our opinions. However, what I find hard to understand is the level of interest we in general as fans have in celebrities. I mean to be upset over Emma not tweeting what she is doing 24/7 over the holidays or sending a holiday message is wrong. Also, hate to say it but Emma really doesnt need any PR help. Uhm as far as I know she, Rupert, Dan all made MILLIONS these last 10 years and don't technically ever need to work again. Emma doesnt want (according to what I have read/heard from her in interviews) the fame or notoriety anymore. I mean these kids (now adults) have been in the public eye since they were 11. All they want now is some privacy and maybe "interacting" with fans in minute ways or as little as possible is what they focus on more now since really their lives were put out there for everyone to see. Which is fine! They don't owe us anything. I personally love when Emma puts awareness out on her twitter about CamFed-as a result some friends and myself have donated each time. I dont need to hear from Emma I am eating an ice cream cone yum! LOL I mean yeah it would be cute to hear stuff like this but I wont be saddened by it. As for not doing a Christmas message this year, well we all get busy that time of year. Not to mention the young lady was working for the last few months. Also, alot of celebrities dont even take the time to wish a Merry Christmas, and Emma did that so why we need to complain about her not spending more time keeping in touch with us is kind of silly. Anywho, just my 2 cents :)

Anyway with that said HAPPY 2013 yall!!! :)

Hi, first of all a very good new year, health and happiness from Austria!

(to you, cbmac12, and all other members of the forum)

I think, if you are a "real fan" you see the celeb you admire as a part of your life. Say, as a good friend. And from a good friend you expect to hear. Of course, not every small detail, but important things. And I personally expect from good friends, to keep in touch. I do not know, how Emma see's her fans. Sometimes I think, they are very irritating to her, I think, she has not the slightest idea, what is really going on around her person. She sees the paps and the fans at events or special appearances like bbc1. But I think, she does not visit the many fan-pages on facebook, she knows nothing about the discussion, the gossip, the rumors. If she ever reads the nice messages (not the creepy "marry me" ones) on this pages? Thousands of fans are waiting for a word, a picture, a message. I think, to care for the fans is a part of the job; because in the end all celeb-actors wanting their fans to buy the products (movies). And a social network like twitter is a easy way to communicate. If you saw the bbc-footage of her visit at the morning show with Nick Grimshaw, you know, that she was constantly using her mobile to send messages. So, why not a short nice message during a song for her fans? I really believe, she sended many, many (text)messages since Christmas to her friends. Maybe she should be reminded in a nice way, that she has more then 6 million friends out there, too. But, sorry to say that, at the moment even Darcy is tweeting more for her fans......

Oh, and finally: I really enjoy discussions. But I will defend my opinion, unless better arguments are brought in. And in our special case, these arguments will never be brought in. Because the lady, we are talking about, never will take part in such a discussion.

Emma has tweeted twice today. Is enough for you or you want more Jonny xD

Her message was nice and exactly from that sort I love to read from her. Apart from her wishes for the New Year I was surprised to read that she managed it to put her mobile aside for a few days. We all know that she is really adicted to it and practically NEVER is seen without it. Well done, Emma!

Your question: I personally want to her from her as often as possible, but this tweet made my day. She can do it, she proved it again today.

Thanks, Emma!

Emma has tweeted twice today. Is enough for you or you want more Jonny xD

LOL!!!!! ;) too funny Adebsi...

My favorite was "oh damn, they found out I work for MI6" (referring to the title of Marie Claire cover) ;) I just love her sense of humor ;)

Also, Emma tweeted it was blissful being away from her phone. She doesnt want to center life around the celebrity world-neither does Rupert or Dan. If anything, I am proud of the trio for wanting to stay away from that world. They just want to work and live as normally as possible-this I applaud them all :)

My favorite was "oh damn, they found out I work for MI6" (referring to the title of Marie Claire cover) ;) I just love her sense of humor ;)

yeah that tweet made me laugh xd. I hope no one is disappointed by the fact that she spoke about the MI6. I dont know maybe someone worked in the MI6 and thinks that she is not allow to talk about it without seriousness