The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma: I have a mild form of OCD

Dear Emma,

until today I was under the imagination, that you are a clever girl who always knows what about exactly she is talking. But the interview in "Maria Claire" left some doubts to me. Telling the world that you suffer under a "mild streak of OCD" left me speechless for a moment.

I think, you have not the slightest idea what you was talking about. Did you read an article about OCD in a magazine and thinking: "Hey, this could fit me! Lets use it im my next interview!". Oh Emma, is it “up to date†to have some sort of “disorderâ€, just to have something to talk about or make oneself interesting in interviews? I lived 2011 - not voluntarily - for two month with people who suffer from OCD. And I can tell you, that people with OCD have servere problems to keep their life going, keeping their social contacts alive and stay out of depression. Do you know what it means to wash you hands, say, 30 times in a row, until your brain checks that you have allready done it? And this is only a simple example out of the daily routine of such people, dear Emma. “Monk†is in some ways a good example too; maybe you should watch this series from time to time.

Again, as I said so often, your PR-people are horrible; more research and advice before such inappropriate statements are really necessary. It is a big, big difference if you have OCD or just wanting to do things perfect, as you want to do them.

A little disappointed, really

Jonny

You never cease to amaze me with silly topics and this is a perfect example. wow. ''It is a big, big difference if you have OCD or just wanting to do things perfect, as you want to do them.'' that's what SHE MEANT. She is such a perfectionist she feels like she's having a streak of OCD. You of no young age for a long time and you do not understand? You really needed to write this topic?

Your personal experience notwithstanding, I hope you realize that no two cases of a disorder are the same. It's like saying "I've seen people with fever, and you're nothing like them! You just have very high temperature". I have spent time with two people who had (note I'm not saying "suffered from") bipolar disorder, and I'm sure not everyone is like them as they were not exactly mild cases (though still high-functioning adults).

I wouldn't be surprised if Emma had a mild form of some disorder (as I'm convinced most people have - it's just that most of us are never looked at in extreme scrutiny), though obviously it would be more akin to a "quirk". At worst, she's a high-functioning person, not crazy as a bag of cats.

Personally I think I might have a mild form of Asperger's, as it seems I'm bad at interpreting facial expressions. There have been a few times where I was asked to do a test where you're asked to describe a person's feelings by looking at their facial expression, and I did pretty badly. That doesn't mean I can't see when someone is clearly scowling at me, or that I don't recognize happiness/ friendliness when someone is wearing a wide smile.

I also wouldn't go around telling people "I have a mild case of Asperger's!" but this is Emma, and she's being interviewed. I think she's also willing to put herself down a little to not seem arrogant in public. In any case, it's nothing to go apeshit about.

Wow...if I would get upset/dissapointed every time someone would claim to have a mild form of ADHD or a mild form of autism, or a mild form of Gilles de la Tourette (because I have experience working/living with people who have one or more of the above) I would be upset/disappointed all the time.

People joke about this stuff do this not to diminish the seriousness of the disorder. They do it because it gives an easy explanation why they sometimes do what they do (doing things that people with OCD typically do, or people with autism etc).

Here's a tip, learn to accept that Emma is not perfect, that way you'll be less "disappointed" when she says or do something you don't agree with.

REALLY???? ROFLMAO-this is a topic to discuss??? Oh man, thank you if anything for the laugh after my rough week!!! :)

Nothing else needs to be said because this discussion is too laughable :)

Look I think we all have some mild form of something or other-like I think I have mild OCD, as long as it doesnt impact your life, you are fine. When it interferes in life, thats when ya start to worry.

Edited by cbmac12

This is probably the most disrespectful thing I have ever read about Emma. Congratualtions Jonny, you win the award.

I am sure Emma understand what OCD is. For you to suggest she doesn't, is riduculous. You do not know her personally. You do not know how she lives her life. You have no idea what her struggles are. Maybe she does wash her hands 30 times a day, you don't know. Farthermore, she did not claim to have a severe case, she has a mild streak. Which can mean any number of things. The above posters are correct as well in saying no two cases are the same. It seems to me that you need to learn a little more about the nature of spdissorders. I would be happy to pass your questions on to my father who is a psychologist. In fact, I recently discussed the nature of mild OCD with him.

Emma chose to be honest with her fans about OCD. This is something we should be supportive of. Not criticize her. Jonny, if you were a true fan you would support Emma and not criticize her for having flaws.

For once in my life I am glad that Emma does not visit this forum so she will never have to see this horrid topic.

This is probably the most disrespectful thing I have ever read about Emma. Congratualtions Jonny, you win the award.

I am sure Emma understand what OCD is. For you to suggest she doesn't, is riduculous. You do not know her personally. You do not know

For once in my life I am glad that Emma does not visit this forum so she will never have to see this horrid topic.

Thank you Arie, for I could Not write that is the most Stupid topic I ever had to come across online and all his topics and arguments.

With that said Arie, I wouldnt mind seeing this discussion locked. Btw Arie-A BILLION APPLAUDS to your comment, and to Mrs. Claus too. Like I said this topic was so laughable that I hesitated to comment earlier, but now I am just plain old annoyed and irritated with this topic even being posted. Johnny it sounds to me you are obsessed with trying to find anything wrong to point out about Emma, in any thread. I am not sure, but to me it sounds like you really aren't a big fan of hers. But hey I wont judge.

You have no idea what her struggles are. Maybe she does wash her hands 30 times a day, you don't know.

This really made me think how little we actually know about her. Could be she has to repack her suitcase 20 times, or look at her teeth in the mirror 10 times before going out on the street. And noone would suspect anything because she's an overachiever.

Maaaaaaaan what did I say last time?

Actually just shut up, no one cares. You say you have the right to say what you want and freedom of speech all that crap.

But have you ever thought

Just because you CAN say it, SHOULD you say it?

There is such thing as abusing your rights.

Next time you make a post, really read it and think "Is it relevant? Does anyone care?". In fact, just don't post it, because I guarantee it will be stupid.

Edited by Monkey Cartwheels

Next time you make a post, really read it and think "Is it relevant? Does anyone care?". In fact, just don't post it, because I guarantee it will be stupid.

this made me laugh. #word SAD But true.