The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I've seen NYU students publishing her school email online. So that's nice. :|

I dont know why people is so stupid. they have the opportunity to meet Emma and the only thing they do is bullshit about her.

I would love to kick those bastards right in the teeth :rolleye0012:

Here is the thing about email addresses from universities. They all share the same format. Meaning you can figure out what everyone's is pretty simply. If I know someone in my uni's name, then I can figure out their e-mail. So unfortunately for NYU there is nothing they can do. It's easy to figure out. My assumption is that Emma will not use it. Not many people use their uni emails anyway.

Here is the thing about email addresses from universities. They all share the same format. Meaning you can figure out what everyone's is pretty simply. If I know someone in my uni's name, then I can figure out their e-mail. So unfortunately for NYU there is nothing they can do. It's easy to figure out. My assumption is that Emma will not use it. Not many people use their uni emails anyway.

Thank you Arie, it's the same here in Austria. But here you get many "official" e-mails from your teachers, the administration ecc. on your e-mail-acount. So you have to work with this adress. Well, maybe she has a "private" one, too.....

Actually I have some friends at NYU and they get to kind of assign their own name, which they can change once per year. NYU just uses Gmail and puts every student in a database, so if you type someone's name it fills in the email for you. But yeah they're usually just initials and a number.

I used my uni email all the time because I needed to submit stuff and correspond with group members. But the winter term at NYU is literally a month long, enough to catch up on a class or two between terms, so she probably won't use it.

The real point of the matter is that these are UNIVERSITY STUDENTS and not JUST university students, but university students at a rather good school, and they should know better than to disrespect someone's privacy like that, regardless of how much they expect she may or may not use her email address.

My uni email just gets forwarded to my regular so I dot use it ever.

Ling, I didn't know that at NYU you choose your own. Pretty cool. I have friends there too but we never spoke about that. Anyways I agree and disagree. People shod no better In general. If these students didn't leak it, someone else would have. People in the world should know better.

When I was at college (I love the term uni btw :)), we had gmail accounts but I just used my personal email half the time. I think anyone who disrespects anyone's privacy, whether it be Emma's or another students should be reprimanded. Unless it is allowed then, ok. Otherwise, the student(s) who published her email should get into trouble. I doubt they would ever be able to find the person though. Anyway I think it is cool Emma is doing NYU class-then back to Brown for a few months and GRADUATE! Not bad for someone who has been filming, been ambassadress, doing photoshoots, movie promos these past few years all the while working towards her degree! :) Emma is an awesome role model that many girls of any age should admire :) I know I do! Go Emma!

I don't think I really believe in role models but I do believe in education*, so good for her.

* Not even in terms of higher education, but in the idea of being a constant learner.

I don't think I really believe in role models but I do believe in education*, so good for her.

* Not even in terms of higher education, but in the idea of being a constant learner.

I agree and this is my case 100%. Are we sisters from different moms or you just read my mind?