The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Last year, I expected that after the release of Perks and Bling Ring there would be a surge in forum activity, new members etc., but it seems Twitter is the go-to medium for people you're just modestly interested in.

i dunno, there's loads of emma forums out there, um people nowadays have loads of online places to go to. I for one choose this for my everydays.

And I don't really use twitter.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I joined about a year ago, e-w.net was probably liveliest community (that was open for everyone - not talking about invite only groups) and certainly got more traffic than others.

Last year, I expected that after the release of Perks and Bling Ring there would be a surge in forum activity, new members etc., but it seems Twitter is the go-to medium for people you're just modestly interested in.

Forums have been in decline for awhile now. The old forum boasted well over 100 members online at any given time and it wasn't surprising if you saw 2000+ posts in one day. This was also true of many other fan site forums. It was around 2007/2008 that everything began to rapidly decline. Social media sites offer direct connections to the celebrities themselves and in some ways a lot more content. While I would argue that forums have more insightful conversations regarding various topics, people seem to prefer the expediency that twitter, fb, tumblr, ect. offer. It also kind of feels like the younger generation never got turned on to forums, instead being raised up on the social media sites.

As for the Emma twitter, there has always been a steady increase in her followers since she established it. As she does more work, and more diverse projects, she's going to gain more followers (as she should ^.^). I'm glad people choose to follow her though, given some of the other choices out there.

Forums have been in decline for awhile now. The old forum boasted well over 100 members online at any given time and it wasn't surprising if you saw 2000+ posts in one day. This was also true of many other fan site forums. It was around 2007/2008 that everything began to rapidly decline. Social media sites offer direct connections to the celebrities themselves and in some ways a lot more content. While I would argue that forums have more insightful conversations regarding various topics, people seem to prefer the expediency that twitter, fb, tumblr, ect. offer. It also kind of feels like the younger generation never got turned on to forums, instead being raised up on the social media sites.

As for the Emma twitter, there has always been a steady increase in her followers since she established it. As she does more work, and more diverse projects, she's going to gain more followers (as she should ^.^). I'm glad people choose to follow her though, given some of the other choices out there.

Well, I am not surprised about that. There are no real "inside" - informations available; the celebrities are not ready and willing to do any kind of interaction with the fans. So all you can do is speculate, do "what if and why" games and post pictures, most of them old and well known to insiders. Even this forum is - besides some amusing "fights" between members and staff - dead.

What I will say: imagine, what would happen in this forum, if Emma would be online once in a month for one hour......

And twitter: not a real subistitute. Some "favouricing" of fans messages, that's it. And in nearly two years 2-3 direct replies to fans. 9 Millions running behind a mostly silent celebrity...... Interesting in a psychological way.

And twitter: not a real subistitute. Some "favouricing" of fans messages, that's it. And in nearly two years 2-3 direct replies to fans. 9 Millions running behind a mostly silent celebrity...... Interesting in a psychological way.

I think that's the draw though. You can loosely keep track of what people are up to that you're not really into. The entertainment market is so saturated with all these mostly exchangeable stars and starlets that having them all on twitter where you can get the gist of what they're up to is simply comfortable.

I agree with Dax that the next generation has grown up with services like tumblr and Facebook but I thought that movies like Perks and Bling Ring would cause a number of people to be more emotionally invested in Emma. In that regard (when you seriously want to discuss things) forums are still popular. It didn't work out like that though.

9 Millions running behind a mostly silent celebrity...... Interesting in a psychological way.

How is that at all an interesting psychological fact? It's Twitter. It doesn't take much energy to click the follow button and it takes less energy to just... have someone on your timeline. It's much more passive than you try to make it seem with your silly "running" comment. Newsflash: the majority of people who follow her likely don't really care how much or how little she posts. 15% of the accounts I follow on Twitter also follow Emma, and trust me when I say I know for a fact that most of them are not breathlessly awaiting a < 140 character tweet from Emma as if it's the gospel. You really should give people more credit.

ETA: Just because your Twitter is all about Emma does not make that even a little bit true for the rest of the world. You're solidly in the group chasing her to no avail.  :rolleyes:

Edited by ling

Ah, ling and Adebisi - two top agents of the NSA....

I do hope, I can hide the other things I have on my PC about/with/for her......

Otherwise I can join Snowdon in Moscow, I fear.... :P

And yes - I think it would have been a nice gesture from her to write a comment about Vienna. But I think, she is so "over the top" that she thinks, simple tweets with one letter ("U") are a highlight..... Poor girl.

Yes, it took me forever to figure out how to put "Jonny Carinthia Twitter" into Google. I don't know how my tiny brain managed it! 

(All jokes aside, and in the interest of full disclosure, I am extremely good at finding information online. But I would never share any of said information, if it is of any consequence, on a public forum because I prefer to use my powers for good, rather than evil. :) )

Yes, it took me forever to figure out how to put "Jonny Carinthia Twitter" into Google. I don't know how my tiny brain managed it! 

(All jokes aside, and in the interest of full disclosure, I am extremely good at finding information online. But I would never share any of said information, if it is of any consequence, on a public forum because I prefer to use my powers for good, rather than evil. :) )

Phuu, that let me sleeps better tonight...... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed Emma's been using Twitter a lot more recently. I remember back when she thought she wasn't going to use it often. Adductive, the Internet is. :P. Great to see she is having fun with it. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Emma tweeted about the book The Fault in Our Stars which is one of my favourite books OF ALL TIME.

So if you're wondering what that tweet was about, it's an AMAZING book, and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

• 3 months later...